• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Rev3rb

One of my good friends just released his Halo 4 stat tracking app for iOS if anyone has been looking for an app to check your stuffs. It'll probably be taken down here soon because, according to Apple, "He doesn't have the permission of 343i". So, grab it while you can:

bam.

Ghazi

One of my good friends just released his Halo 4 stat tracking app for iOS if anyone has been looking for an app to check your stuffs. It'll probably be taken down here soon because, according to Apple, "He doesn't have the permission of 343i". So, grab it while you can:

bam.

But does it have CSR?!?

downloading it now, thanks

heckfu

Banned
Hi. So it's Wednesday and the picks for the HaloGAF bracket challenge march madness extraordinaire (tm) are due by tomorrow evening.

If you're still interested in participating but haven't yet sent me a PM about joining (for the chance at a mysterious grand prize!) go ahead!

Don't be a babby, join and have fun!

FyreWulff

Here's a screencap of the raw video before conversion for uploading:

odst_vid_shot.png

Same as Reach, it has that slight effect that the first person weapon/hands are greenscreened or pre-rendered looking against the game world.

Hi. So it's Wednesday and the picks for the HaloGAF bracket challenge march madness extraordinaire (tm) are due by tomorrow evening.

If you're still interested in participating but haven't yet sent me a PM about joining (for the chance at a mysterious grand prize!) go ahead!

I submitted mine earlier in a panic ridden haste after thinking it was due today :lol

So juices is the new lead MP designer and Warher is the new sandbox designer/playlist manager?

Juices greenlights changes and Karl maintains classic parity with my sandbox. Tashi and Bravo oversee playlist concerns, FyreWulff makes map changes and everyone's pitching in ideas for a base ~20 maps that will eventually be condensed into 10 launch maps. Over and Devo are in charge of UI. I consistently load the test screening air filters with cannabis and LSD to ensure focus groups say yes to all our decisions. Several prestigious members of Microsoft are on board but request 20% of the profits go to buying pizza and hot pockets.

Halo: Tashi Fyres Karl, Says Bravo To Devolving Over's War Juices is going exactly as planned.

TU is actually Halo 5 confirmed.

bam.

Why don't they go by Apple Corp...

PM'd. Florida Gulf Coast has got this

orznge

Banned
I'd design a simple one that doesn't have a ridiculous number of uninteresting redundant weapons so as to create a Varied And "Balanced" "Sandbox"

I'd design a simple one that doesn't have a ridiculous number of uninteresting redundant weapons so as to create a Varied And "Balanced" "Sandbox"

Are you talking about mine or 343's? Excluding loadouts mine has a whopping 14 weapons, with the only overlaps being the Sniper and Beam Rifle.

Not spilling all the details just yet but this is the final weapon listing for my sandbox project, since everyone's so interested. I have a few other ideas for weapons but due to their ridiculousness they're staying campaign-exclusive. Bare minimum I'm putting successors or "ancestors" in parenthesis because not all weapons may be immediately recognizable by name.

Loadouts:
Battle Rifle
Carbine
Light Rifle
Rook (Suppressed SMG)
Plasma Rifle
Oscillator (Spiker + Sentinel Beam)

Grenades:
Fragmentation
Plasma
Pulse
Phase (Spike + Firebomb)

--

Magnum
Plasma Pistol

Combiner [Name Pending] (Shotgun + Needler. The Needler runs on hot blamite; the Combiner runs on cold blamethyst.)
Assault Rifle (Assault Rifle + SAW)
Phase Rifle (DMR + Beam Rifle)

Railgun
Huntshot (Brute Shot + Fuel Rod Gun)
Phasebuster (Grenade Launcher + Sticky Detonator)

Sniper Rifle
Beam Rifle
Crossbolt (Incineration Cannon + Spartan Laser + Binary Rifle + Plasma Launcher)

Rocket Launcher
Energy Wrench [Name Pending] (Energy Sword + Gravity Hammer)
Gravity Gauntlet (Grapple Beam + Didact Powers)

Support Weapons: (These don't show up in conventional multiplayer, only big team.)

Mounted Machinegun
Flamethrower
Plasma Cannon
Fuel Rod Cannon (Hunter Beam)
Pulse Beam
Incinerator

Competitive Weapon Total: 9
Weapon Total: 20
Grenade Total: 4
Support Weapon Total: 6
Complete Weapon Sandbox Total: 30

A more comprehensive view is available here.

LosDaddie

Banned
Now, I know it's always cool to shit on MS/XBL/XBL subscribers here on GAF, but I'd be shocked if all these rumors turn out to be true. I just can't see them going with an Always Online console that also doesn't play used games....essentially forfeiting a sizable chunk of the market to Sony/Ninty next gen.

Personally, I would either skip the next Xbox or wait until it's sub-$200 to get it if I couldn't play used games.

Yeah forgive me because it is common for some games it is excusable right?

Some? :lol All games have glitches in them. That was my point. Even beta-tested games like REach, CoD4, and Gears 3 had glitches in them at launch. So long as the game doesn't constantly crash on me, or dip to unplayable framerate levels, I'm straight.

lol yeah sorry that I want a good framerate, good coop gameplay and a decent UI.

Co-op was fun. Framerate was solid for me. I'll agree with you on the GUI, though.

Keep cool you can love your Halo 4.

Thanks! :)

Ya i could try that but still, they're just so frustrating on that mode that i dont even have any fun fighting them.

They stand there far away, your putting clip after clip right into their heads, nothing happening, he appears in front of me with his dogs everywhere, im dead. Rinse and repeat.

I didn't have much of a problem with Prom Knights...so long as a PP was around.

Things can change quite quickly :)

Just need a team that knows whats up, and can keep up to deliver a game that people want. And dont rush. I believe that can completely kill a game.

RIP Halo.

I can't see Halo 5 topping CoD, BF4 AND Destiny. No way man.

Unless 343 make H2.5 remastered 1080 60fps CE Magnum edition on dedis that ships with all previous Halo maps and 12 new ones.

Also, like someone else said earlier. Halo 5 or bust.

I don't see any sci-fi FPS beating out a 'realistic' FPS ever again on XBL/PSN/Steam charts. At least not for any long stretch. Halo/Halo2 had no real competition on Xbox, and CS1.6 and TF2 have reign on PC for years now.

Halo 4 holding down the #2 shooter spot on XBL is about where one should expect it to be.

broony

Why do you only ever post when free stuff is being given out?

I don't. I upset people by talking about how if they are having a crappy network experience in co-op it is their own shitty fault.

I could say mean things about the quality you bring to the thread. Over and over and over again.

Trey

Halo can recapture the top shooter spot. Just gonna have to go all out in capturing the competitive/streaming crowd. Make an extremely customizable multiplayer suite with ease of setup, streaming capabilities, solid net code. That's the direction gaming is heading - social gaming - and Halo has plenty of the ingredients to make significant noise in that arena. Just lacking focus.

m23

The Gears 1 code was a large motivation for me getting Judgement since my disc broke a few years back letting someone borrow it. Seeing how Judgement is and how the impressions are from people, I'm probably going to skip out on it and just pick up a used copy of Gears 1 sometime.

Also, first one to quote me will get a GoD code for Crysis 1. I've never played it and don't feel all that interested in it either.

OverHeat

« generous god »
The Gears 1 code was a large motivation for me getting Judgement since my disc broke a few years back letting someone borrow it. Seeing how Judgement is and how the impressions are from people, I'm probably going to skip out on it and just pick up a used copy of Gears 1 sometime.

Also, first one to quote me will get a GoD code for Crysis 1. I've never played it and don't feel all that interested in it either.
:)

Fracas

#fuckonami
You're not missing much. Crysis 1 (on 360 at least) was average. It did have its moments though.

I'm not a huge fan of the franchise, so I'm kind of biased I guess

Karl2177

"Certain Affinity and 343 worked really closely together to develop the fiction of this map. Including making sure we had the right ships in the skybox, all of this stuff is very deliberate and we want to make sure this map is a continuation of the Halo fiction and that anything you see in here is very intentional."

When did the fiction of the multiplayer spaces change from "it's a simulation, lol" to "we gotta make sure that this version of the frigate is the FRI-488 VG, not the FRY-488 VG"? To top it off the playspace doesn't even look that great. It looks like it would be better suited as a Firefight map.
tumblr_inline_mg40dl5EWo1qholdk.jpg

Top Bottom