• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag dated (Oct 29th), next-gen versions confirmed

GameE

We’ve been poking around Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag countdown site a bit more, and managed to come across another page containing some very interesting information.

First, let’s talk platforms. Along with the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii U versions confirmed earlier today, the page says that Black Flag is “also coming to next-gen consoles”. That should mean fans will be able to purchase the next Assassin’s Creed on the PlayStation 4, and perhaps Microsoft’s next-gen console as well.

More here - http://gamingeverything.com/41754/a...-flag-dated-next-gen-versions-confirmed-more/
Via gematsu - http://gematsu.com/2013/02/assassins-creed-iv-release-date-leaked-next-gen-confirmed

ShlJpor.jpg

qkp2e.jpg

AC4-Leak-Artwork.jpg

Looks more like a screen cap of the upcoming debut cgi trailer.

sn00zer

They really built up hype to AC3 with two games inbetween 2 and 3.... probably why there is very little around this one so far

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
October 29.

So much for that rumor that it would ship next year. : /

gdt

I have no hype for this. A prequel to a story that seemed pretty done to me (Desmond and his lineage that is) a year later after that story was wrapped up god awfully....yeah.....gonna wait for GAF on this...which before ACIII I bought and really really enjoyed all of the previous ACs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also the fact that AC3 disappointed many and ACIV seems to be a prequel to it.

Which, to be fair, is a prequel to the best character in the most disappointing Ass Creed game, so...

noffles

Banned
Still haven't even played 3. Ubisoft needs to slow the fuck down with Assassin's Creed, even if they have managed to find insane success each year with the franchise.

gdt

Which, to be fair, is a prequel to the best character in the most disappointing Ass Creed game, so...

Haytham was awesome, but I was hoping for a lot more...um content/meat/depth for the relationship between him and Connor. They got very little time together, then it was over, and it amounted to nothing.

KarmaCow

Are Assassin's Creed games just made on the eternal conveyor belt that are Ubisoft's studios? I don't understand how they keep this up, even if the games come out buggy.

jett

D-Member

The Haytham portions of AC3 were by far the most abominable of the entire franchise. This opinion is truly one I can't understand.

Stark

Banned
Didn't they say everything is being ported down in their studios? PC/PS4/XboxGold > Everything else?

I didn't play AC3, don't care much for the series.

But the ship parts were pretty good right? I think I remember they were maybe just a bit short.

So if that is the case, this setting would be welcome?

PolishQ

"Also coming to next-gen consoles October 29th" ?
We probably shouldn't read too much into that, but it sounds like they're saying one or both next-gen consoles will be out by then.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Are Assassin's Creed games just made on the eternal conveyor belt that are Ubisoft's studios? I don't understand how they keep this up, even if the games come out buggy.
I just imagine the bugs as being a part of the Animus. :p

rouken

should have been ACIII: Black Flag.

the next numbered sequel should be the game that is made for next gen consoles only.

TheSeks

Haytham was awesome, but I was hoping for a lot more...um content/meat/depth for the relationship between him and Connor. They got very little time together, then it was over, and it amounted to nothing.

That time together was so WTF though. Ubisoft didn't really explain why Connor was working with his father/
a Templar/the person he was sworn to kill
outside of
"LOL MUTUAL BENEFIT" and then just waved Haythem's death off.

I mean it wouldn't have been a bad moment if it was better explained, but it was just bad writing. Besides, I don't think that team-up needs to be fleshed out more/story-line wise. Just let us play more as Haythem and explain the Templar's side of the conflict. But since this is being called AC4, they won't do that and will just focus on another meta-plot they'll punk out on at the end.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Yeah, I'm surprised we didn't get any DLC that forced them to interact together. It just feels like a huge gap that was never addressed.

TheSeks

The Haytham portions of AC3 were by far the most abominable of the entire franchise. This opinion is truly one I can't understand.

You and I are like a Mongoose and Snake. We'll never see eye to eye on things but Haythem's character and missions (which granted, were kinda bad) were FARRRRRR greater than Connor's.

But they both don't hold a candle to the beefcake that is Ezio. I want more Ezio stories, damn it. :mad:

Is it me, or is next gen launching with a lot of "cross-gen" games?

Theres no backwards compatibility, so it makes sense to do cross gen games, otherwise:

- people won't buy next-gen consoles because there are still great games coming out exclusively for current gen
- people who bought next-gen consoles won't play current gen games because they can't play them on their shiny new console

USC-fan

Banned
next Gen consoles are going to have a crazy good launch line up..... might be the first launch I spend more on games than the consoles.

Bullza2o

So boxart before reveal huh, interesting.

Would that guy have his own small boat (like Wind Waker) or will he swim to hijack the ships of the Caribbean? (Assuming he's finished assassinating everybody in one ship)

Top Bottom