• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More new Game & Wario footage, Microgames-only mode confirmed

The Official Site updated again. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asaj/index.html

First, here's footage of:

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08wCm6U6rjg

Gamer
- the end of this video confirms a mode where you can play the Mircogrames without interference from the mother character
Pirates - Annoying Orange cameo.
Kung-Fu
Patchwork - includes Time Attack mode. At least 27 puzzles.

Will update footage when someone uploads to youtube.

Other new games revealed this week (no video)

Ski - Control Jimmy as he skis down the mountain by moving the Gamepad left and right. Was one of the E3 demos last year.

002kp.png

004dv.png

Design - draw lines and shapes to specfied lengths as accurately as possible on the gamepad. 2-player mode where controller is alternated between both.

003di.png

004il.png

Taxi - Load a customer in the taxi and take them to their goal, while shooting the UFOs, which are trying to kidnap them, with a bazooka. The TV displays an overall map, while the Game Pad is used to aim and shoot.

001ft.png

003bgn.png

Island - Throw certain numbers of Fronk onto an island divided into different sections which display how many should be on there. 2-5 players, this game lets you knock other people's Fronk off to lower their score and increase their own. Use the Game Pad to aim and throw them.

001qwa.png

003hdg.png

Release: March 28th, 2013 (Japan)
Download file size: 3.9GB (Nintendo Land was 3.2GB)
Cost: 4935 yen
Players: 1-5
12 save files
*Game only requires 1 Game Pad for all play modes.

Overview Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSA0RhbakoA

^ ^ I hate your avatars. I thought it was one guy replying to himself. lol

I'm still a little "eh" on this game, but I know I'll have to try it one day. They're almost my favorite developer at Nintendo.

That's nice, but we still don't know how many microgames there are or what percentage of them are new.

Not sure about the amount, but from the video, a few seemed familiar or at least based on older games. Does anyone recognize all or most of them?

EDIT: Also, items seem to be in and have a micro game attached to each.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rhythm Tengoku cameo! :D

I love the Wario Ware games so I'm definitely getting this. Hopefully the single player content is substantial. However the simple onlooker aspect to the multiplayer may make this the game to get my parents into them.

18-Volt

Dr. Crygor, Jimmy T and Spitz are in! I hope 18-Volt will appear in the game somehow. I can't imagine a WarioWare game without playing some Nintendo classics.

Updated the OP a bit.

lol...thanks XD

Of course. I love your channel.

I love Fronks, for some reason.
Also, the description for the Taxi mode is amazing.

Any sentence that contains 'Shoot the UFOs with a bazooka' is amazing.

That jumping game looks exactly like Okami, art-wise.

IS/SPD should use the art style in a full game. (About the 10th time I've said this).

@MUWANdo

Banned
Anyway, what would be the minimum amount of Microgames required for people to be happy? 200?

The thing about microgames is that they're so short and simple that having a large volume of microgames really does matter. That being said, depth of interactivity is also important--WarioWare D.I.Y. comes with ~100 microgames and allows you to make/download lots more, but because you're limited to tapping things and because the scripting language is so basic they all kinda blur into each other after a while.

Anyway, assuming the microgames are 100% original (which doesn't seem to be the case) and that they use all the different features of the Gamepad, I'd say it'd need 100 microgames as an absolute minimum in order to feel like a proper WarioWare game and not just a little side-event to the minigames.

If they're just recycling microgames from previous installments then I'd like to think they'd add way more.

EDIT: just to be clear, it doesn't really bother me if this game is a "real" WarioWare game or not, I just don't want people to think there's a traditional WarioWare game buried in there somewhere if there's not.

Anyway, assuming the microgames are 100% original (which doesn't seem to be the case) and that they use all the different features of the Gamepad, I'd say it'd need 100 microgames as an absolute minimum in order to feel like a proper WarioWare game and not just a little side-event to the minigames.

Interesting. They haven't mentioned the number at all yet, but I would hope for at least a hundred, even if it's just to give the Gamer game enough replay value. Are the games 'unoriginal' in that they look exactly the same, or that they seem based on previous ones? I've really only played the DS one, so I dunno.

What about the item micro-games from the latest trailer that use two screens? Ticking the sleeping guys foot, and throwing eraser shavings to make someone's 'hair'.

Just to be clear, it seems the 'Gamer' microgames only use the game-pad, and not the two screens interacting, while the item's games use both.

EDIT: If they don't announce it by launch, someone with the game will surely figure how many there are ASAP.

Drago

Hey, no need to be defensive, I only *just* started watching Spongebob and I love it.
Be sure to stick to the first 3 seasons, everything after is pretty bad

And hell yeah microgames. Now I know this will definitely be in my WiiU collection... eventually :)

Madao

this is the first game i'm gonna buy since the Wii U launch and it still has no date.

hurry up you NoA slackers!

All I want to know is, can we add our own words to the apparent Pictionary mode.

Because Pictionary with the pad is an amazing idea, but I don't have faith that Nintendo will give us more than a list of 100 words featuring animals and vegetables and sports.

But how many micro games is it gonna have?
Still feels like a purchase at 20 bucks at best, even if it looks quite fun. Nintendoland as pack-in just made this too redundant.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Have to admit, this is looking pretty good. It will be WarioWare in the states correct?

I just wish Nintendo would make another Wario platformer. It's been a while since we had one.

Top Bottom