• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs. (JUMP crossover game) teaser

Zeroth

There better be a solid list of characters, I hope at least Tsuna from KHR will shown up with the manga over.

TreIII

Yep. This definitely looks like it was made by the Zenkai crew, alright...even Goku's Kamehameha looks practically ripped from that game!

RedBoot

The trailer has some silhouettes about 20 seconds in, but I think they're just generic.

I'm hoping to see some variety here, hopefully even to the point of 1 character per series. Otherwise, we already know we're seeing Vegeta, Piccolo, Zoro, Sanji, Sasuke, Sakura, Rukia, etc, and there won't be much room for anyone else.

Alternatively, they could put Otter 11 in there and I wouldn't care about the rest of the lineup.

Jigolo

This is kind of like a dream come true....minus that hairy ass lookin' dude.

But lets be real. Goku would destroy all of them in his normal form.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This is kind of like a dream come true....minus that hairy ass lookin' dude.

But lets be real. Goku would destroy all of them in his normal form.

In the crossover special that aired yesterday, normal form Goku effortlessly beat back Luffy and Toriko's combined attacks and only ended up going SS1 as a form of respect for their efforts. So... yes.

RedBoot

Wouldn't Medaka be the representative of Medaka Box?

While I hope they don't just go for title characters (I'd rather see Himeko of Sket Dance in here over Bossun), in that case, it'd probably be best to go for Medaka just to increase the number of female characters in the game. They're going to be scarce, even if they go for multiples per series and get Sakura/Nami/Rukia/etc in there.

I always wonder why people still think Goku is the strongest manga character.

Joke post?

About Bleach, I don't think Ichigo is exactly marketable to young kids.

The main 4 are easy to market towards kids especially Goku and Luffy. Mostly because they are rather simple characters for the most part.

Wynnebeck

Banned
They should just put in Kumagawa since he's more popular than everyone else in the series combined.

I think we're forgetting the real star of Medaka Box:

Hansode_Shiranui.jpg

The game looks ok graphically, though the colors look a little too dark.

As long as I see Oga Tatsumi (Beelzebub), Bossun (Sket Dance), or Gintoki Sakata I'll be fine with this game. If I see all 3 of them in this game then I'm getting this for both Vita and PS3 for support. The battling looks like it'll be good enough (by just looking at 10secs of it) so I'm just looking for the roster now.

KillGore

Please let Bleach be there.

Also, would be amazing if some old school characters would be there.

Like this motherfucker

Yusuke.jpg

Edit: Tsunayoshi would be amazing

Tsunayoshi_Sawada_by_Abdi1496.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Joke post?

About Bleach, I don't think Ichigo is exactly marketable to young kids.

The main 4 are easy to market towards kids especially Goku and Luffy. Mostly because they are rather simple characters for the most part.

Shonen Jump spent 10 years marketing Ichigo to kids with great results. His absence here (for now) has nothing to do with his personality being less marketable to kids than the other 4. Rather, the answer is simply that Bleach's popularity has decreased in the last few years and Shueisha no longer views it as one of its core pillars.

Bleach will get revealed in the game's next round of series reveals, along side Gintama and Beelzebub.

RedBoot

Please let Bleach be there.

Also, would be amazing if some old school characters would be there.

Like this motherfucker

Yusuke.jpg

This is a 45th anniversary game, right? It'd make sense to have old school people in there. Characters like Yusuke and Kenshin would be a given.

KillGore

What are the chances of Fairy Tail being there? How popular is it in Japan? Around Toriko level? Bleach? Naruto?

Kusagari

What are the chances of Fairy Tail being there? How popular is it in Japan? Around Toriko level? Bleach? Naruto?

Fairy Tail is published in Jump's main competitor.

I don't think it's going to be in a game celebrating the history of Jump :lol.

KillGore

Fairy Tail is published in Jump's main competitor.

I don't think it's going to be in a game celebrating the history of Jump :lol.

Fairy Tale isnt even Jump, so no chance whatsoever.

As for characters who can/should appear...

tumblr_mdrj6kuWFz1qgworxo1_250.jpg

0%. Its a different company. And its above Bleach and Toriko but far below Naruto and One Piece.

Oh, what the hell, how could I be so dumb?

I recently started reading the manga and had no idea it wasn't jump. Seems so....jumpy.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
YES!! A sequel to the DS games on non-region locked platforms! At first I was like NOOOOOooooo fuck riu 3DS legion rock but then I was like... Like... WTF IS THIS SHIT?! Looks nothing like the SSB-esque previous games, instead more like that insipid Dragon Ball Z arcade game. NOOOOOooooo

Top Bottom