• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

L3uVpyF.png

TRlvcrs.png

X7VNcF0.png

Injustice's story mode combines cutscenes, mini-games, and traditional fights to deliver a cinematic single
player experience unlike any other.

YGWXJnC.png

A New Regime | The Line | Lex Luthor | Aquaman | Harley Quinn | Green Lantern

ckzDGv3.png

DC has put together a series of comics providing context and backstory to the events of Injustice: Gods
Among Us. For more information, and to purchase these comics, click here.

NUd1eAb.png

Injustice features single round, one-on-one fights running at a smooth 60 frames per second.

BrlvEAT.png

Depleting the silver health bar reveals a second red health bar underneath, at which point you can
activate the Clash feature (see below). Clash availability is indicated by a pulsing yellow bar beneath your
character's name.

Frame data for every move in the game is available through the pause menu.

0DIbzcO.png

It's also worth noting that special move inputs can be changed from Mortal Kombat style (down forward)
to Street Fighter style (quarter-circle forward). You may also tag up to six moves to be displayed under
your health bar in case you want to practice their inputs.

lYxVpbx.png

• Back - Block
  • Down - Crouch
  • Up - Jump
  • Square/X - Light Attack
  • Triangle/Y - Medium Attack
  • Cross/A - Heavy Attack
  • L1/LB - Throw
  • L2/LT - Flip Stance

PvA0hVn.png

Circle/B

JXo8U3t.png

Each character has a unique trait that can be activated with a press of the Circle/B button. Superman gains
a brief power-up, Wonder Woman switches from her lasso to a sword and shield, The Flash momentarily
slows down the opponent, et cetera. Character powers replenish automatically.

vgSFymi.png

R1/RB (when prompted)

vaFnuZe.png

Each arena contains a wealth of environmental objects that can be interacted with. Different characters
use these objects in different ways (see "Characters" section).

KXKc8rL.png

Back + Cross/A

LvMLQwL.png

Each stage consists of multiple levels. In order to access these different areas, you must trigger a wall
bounce attack near the appropriate edge of the arena. While most arenas have 2 different levels, Metropolis
has 3, and Ferris Aircraft and Atlantis only have 1.

op1CNrL.png

R2/RT (during certain special moves; burns 1 bar of super meter)

RhF72Sx.png

Pressing R2/RT just after executing most special moves will result in an enhanced version. Superman's
Heat Vision typically hits once, for example, but burning meter extends the attack to two hits for some
extra damage.

rA90gRF.png

R2/RT (during block stun; burns 1 bar of super meter)

6mS36M8.png

Create space between you and your opponent by pushing R2/RT while blocking.

wHKJD13.png

Ground bounce - Forward, Forward + R2/RT (during a combo; burns 2 bars of super meter)
Wall bounce - Back, Back + R2/RT (during a combo; burns 2 bars of super meter)

14XT1ji.png

During a combo, you can burn two bars of super meter to cancel the combo and perform a ground bounce
or wall bounce to extend the combo.

qffiQoY.png

L2 + R2/LT + RT (burns all 4 bars of super meter)

WVsT04u.png

Press the back triggers simultaneously to unleash a powerful cinematic attack.

zdh3969.png

Forward + R2/RT (on receiving end of combo; red health only)

lkk8FHN.png

As both characters ready an attack, each player wagers a portion of his super meter in secret; the highest
bidder wins the Clash. If the combo initiator wins, he dishes out extra damage. If the defender wins, he
regains extra health. A Clash can only be activated once per fight by each player, and no damage is done
in the event of a tie.

ba1t6iD.png

Click here to watch NetherRealm producer Hector Sanchez walk through the basic gameplay mechanics,
and click here to watch pro players Arturo and NerdJosh compete against each other in some rudimentary
matches.

A demo is currently available for download on the PS3 and 360. It features Batman, Wonder Woman, and
Lex Luthor as playable characters.

xZq60l4.png

n7rU0vA.png

• Story (see "Story" section)
  • Battle - the traditional arcade ladder; defeat a series of opponents to see a character's ending.
    There are heroes only, villains only, poisoned (health depletion), and other variants to choose from.
  • S.T.A.R. Labs - 240 character-specific missions, ranging from special fights to mini-games
  • Single Fight - fight against the CPU in a versus match
  • Training - practice against a dummy with a vast array of tools and settings at your disposal; you
    can even record your own set-ups to then fight and figure out solutions against (click here for a
    brief rundown of Training mode)

lJCuRYB.png

• Versus
    • Ranked Match
    • Player Match
    • Private Match
    • King of the Hill
    • Training - practice with a friend online

64a0J8T.png

Earn XP to spend on bonus costumes, game modes, concept art, music, and more. Level up to unlock new
background images, icons, and character portraits for your player card.

RPkex8j.png

Power characters interact with the environment in ways befitting their super strength; where a Gadget
character might use a parked car as a springboard, a Power character would instead pick it up and slam
it down on the opponent.

zbvC67A.png

Gadget characters are much more tactical and agile than their Power counterparts, preferring to interact
with the environment using weapons or acrobatics rather than brute strength.

1dJGm1h.png

You can choose which area of the arena you would like to start the fight in, and you may also disable
interactive objects and level transitions.

A0a5uLI.png

1mXpu1E.png

E6qYIlE.png

$4.99/400 Microsoft Points each

RZSCWhe.png

Compatibility Pack 1 - Flashpoint Batman (Free)

Compatibility Pack 2 - Luchador Bane (Free)

Compatibility Pack 3 - Containment Suit Doomsday (Free)

Compatibility Pack 4 - Classic Ares (Free)

Compatibility Pack 5 - John Stewart Green Lantern (Free)

Compatibility Pack 6 - Cyborg Superman (Free)

"Arrow" Green Arrow (Free)

Man of Steel Zod (Free)

Man of Steel Superman ($0.99/80 Microsoft Points)

Ame-Comi Pack ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Ame-Comi Wonder Woman
Ame-Comi Catwoman
Ame-Comi Harley Quinn

Arkham City Pack ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Arkham City Batman
Arkham City Joker
Arkham City Catwoman

Bad Girls Pack ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
#600 Wonder Woman
Selina Kyle Catwoman
Classic Harley Quinn

Blackest Night Pack 1 ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Blackest Night Superman
Blackest Night Flash
Blackest Night Doomsday

Blackest Night Pack 2 ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Blackest Night Batman
Blackest Night Aquaman
Blackest Night Hawkgirl

Earth 2 Pack ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Earth 2 Flash
Earth 2 Solomon Grundy
Earth 2 Hawkgirl

Killing Joke Pack ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Red Hood Joker
Final Confrontation Joker
Tourist Joker

New 52 Pack ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
New 52 Superman
New 52 Batman
New 52 Wonder Woman

Red Son Pack 1 ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Red Son Superman
Red Son Wonder Woman
Red Son Solomon Grundy
20 S.T.A.R. Labs missions

Red Son Pack 2 ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Red Son Batman
Red Son Green Lantern
Red Son Deathstroke

Teen Titans Pack ($2.99/240 Microsoft Points)
Teen Titans Cyborg
Teen Titans Raven
Teen Titans Deathstroke

Flashpoint Pack (Season Pass only)
Flashpoint Wonder Woman
Flashpoint Aquaman
Flashpoint Deathstroke

hXXQ4wW.png

Season Pass ($14.99/1200 Microsoft Points)
Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion & Zod playable characters
S.T.A.R. Labs missions for the aforementioned characters
Flashpoint Wonder Woman, Aquaman & Deathstroke skins

S.T.A.R. Labs Missions ($1.99/160 Microsoft Points)
40 additional missions for Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion & Zod

Zombie Mode ($0.99/80 Microsoft Points)

CEOmJCI.png

8aIipE8.png

Download a free iOS version of Injustice complete with cross-platform unlockables. Click here for an
overview. (iTunes link)

WaDstTZ.png

Click here to access a spreadsheet containing GAFers' PSN, XBL, and NNID information.

zl89euR.png

DNbhqZ2.png

Odinson

Nice OT! I'm excited for this one. I like this subtitle better than the others. Still "When's DC?" will be a thing.

NFreak

Nice OT. Can not wait to pick this game up. MK9 was one of the only fighting games I've ever gotten into at a higher level and Injustice seems like it will be my second. I'm still torn on which version to get though. My friends all have a 360 and will be buying it on there but I don't have live and I don't really want to buy live. PS3 has free online but none of my friends will have it on there. Then there's the Wii U version which I would love to try out because I love the Pro controller and would like to try it out with a fighting game, but no DLC and online will probably be barren compared to the other consoles. Decisions decisions. Leaning more towards 360 at this point.

Khezu

Lol at Killer Frosts portrait.

I wonder if they will go back and update the website when the game finally comes out.

Ryce

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Lol at Killer Frosts portrait.

I wonder if they will go back and update the website when the game finally comes out.
Hah -- Ares, too. They haven't been officially revealed yet so I had to make some placeholder portraits.

Very well done OT!

I have the Battle Edition preordered for PS3, hopefully it arrives on release day since it wasn't available for in store pick up.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Nice OT! Will wait to open my copy until I've heard on the status of the netcode.

TreIII

Great job on the OP. Looking forward to digging into this game.

*crosses fingers for Atrocitus to be one of the DLC characters*

TheShah

Does the season pass include all the pre-order bonus skins? (Assuming they all get put on the marketplace at a later date).

SUPARSTARX

Nice OT

Also scored an Arrow DLC skin slot. Enjoying the TV show so this is a nice bonus! Now if they will have Bane's movie DLC skin, I'll be set.

TDLink

I saw a Flash costume where he has a mask that covers his mouth. Is that in game?

That is the Flash "Elseworld" costume. They haven't yet said how you obtain it. They haven't revealed all of the costumes anyways though or said just how many are unlockable in game.

Deadstar

Anyone know if you can play this in tag team mode? I used to play 2 v 2 with my friend in MK and it was incredible.

Should I bother preordering this anywhere? Do you think I could get money for the bonuses?

Also, probably going to play Aquaman, Nightwing, or Raven.

Khezu

Should I bother preordering this anywhere? Do you think I could get money for the bonuses?

Also, probably going to play Aquaman, Nightwing, or Raven.

Maybe, crazy people were buying classic reptiles skins on Ebay for around 50-90 dollars.

SUPARSTARX

Preordered CE, debating if I should downgrade lol.

I don't need most of the extra stuff, kinda did it for the Sideshow collectible and DLC skins...

AAK

I preordered the game, thanks Enzo for that :) I enjoyed MK, I have hope for this. I know nothing about DC characters.

Any chance WB will be generous like Harada and give us all the costumes for free down the road? :(

This might be a bit technical this early into the OT, but do wake up attacks have invincibility frames like in Mortal Kombat 9? I haven't been able to test much, but I know I have gotten blown up right after doing Batman's leg tackle on wakeup in the demo.

Top Bottom