• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time game not coming to Vita, Namco comments

yiBGxAS.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYM1Ay6R8M

Vita owners on that comment thread are hilarious!

ReaperXL7

Does not really make allot of sense though, if that is their reason for it not coming to Vita, then why is there a WiiU sku?

guek

Banned
John DiMaggio lost weight. Good for him!

Also yes, that response is hilarious (though admittedly sad for Vita owners)

Gadirok

Does not really make allot of sense though, if that is their reason for it not coming to Vita, then why is there a WiiU sku?

Probably the target audience. Given how niche Vita is and the type of games I've seen on it, I'm surprised something like Epic Mickey 2 landed on it.

Its much more likely to sell more on WiiU than PSVita.

But I always imagined that adventure time game was a WiiU/3DS exclusive anyways or some sort of contract.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha, damn

I love my Vita, but this shit is funny.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gamefaqs level flamebait from an official Twitter account directed at a fan who probably wanted the game on the Vita? Seems pretty dumb.

GulAtiCa

That is hilarious. :lol

I'd also imagine it might do better on Wii U vs Vita due to the target audience. Just my guess on why Wii U has a version.

Edit: Someone marked it as spam. Guess someone didn't like the joke. :lol

misterF

Neo Member
Sony should abandon the hardware. They're irrelevant in the handheld space.

They could just realease their games on the 3DS instead, why does Sony need its own hardware to create Sony games? Everybody keeps acting like Sony's first party titles need to be on Sony hardware, but that doesn't make sense to me.

hiro4

How funny that comment may be, someone is going to get a looong talk from upper management.

And rightfully so.
Still funny though.

If it is a real namco account of course.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Woops, yeah, YouTube, but still an official account.

ReaperXL7

Probably the target audience. Given how niche Vita is and the type of games I've seen on it, I'm surprised something like Epic Mickey 2 landed on it.

Its much more likely to sell more on WiiU than PSVita.

But I always imagined that adventure time game was a WiiU/3DS exclusive anyways or some sort of contract.

It does not really matter to me to begin with honestly as im not familiar with the Show, but you would think this would be a dumb PR move for a company that is releasing games for the platform.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They could just realease their games on the 3DS instead, why does Sony need its own hardware to create Sony games? Everybody keeps acting like Sony's first party titles need to be on Sony hardware, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Let me tell you about this new gold mine.... Called iOs. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are all doomed.
All should go 3rd party across the board and put everything on Apple devices.

It's the only way to succeed from here on.

Takao

Banned
Classy. This is the same company that's publishing Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z on Vita in Europe physically where as the US branch is going DD only for it. Adventure Time probably wouldn't have sold well on Vita because the primary audience is kids.

Gadirok

It does not really matter to me to begin with honestly as im not familiar with the Show, but you would think this would be a dumb PR move for a company that is releasing games for the platform.

Well it clearly is. If Namco Bandai EU had any self respect they would remove the comment and discipline whoever wrote it, since it probably did offend some Vita owners, and thats just bad PR.

Top Bottom