• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost World is going to be the darkest Sonic game yet

Kade

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33024&Title=Sonic+Lost+World%u2122

ESRB said:
Rating Summary: In this action platformer, players control Sonic the Hedgehog as he attempts to stop an evil villain's plans. As players zoom through fantastical landscapes, they collect items (e.g., gold rings and power-ups), avoid hazards, and use spin attacks to defeat robotic enemies; enemies break apart amid colorful explosions. During gameplay, characters sometimes use aggressive language (e.g., “You're going home in a box,” 'I'm going to skin you alive,' and 'I long for death's cold embrace.'). Cutscenes also depict laser fire and explosions, as well as dialogue that references violence (e.g., “I'll get fat from eating your black hearts,” “One second you're contemplating genocide,” and “As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine.”).

This is too much.

Send me home in a box if old.

Don't see how. Look at all the colors!!

Sonic-Lost-World.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Didn't one of the dudes say "JUST LAY DOWN AND DIE!" in the last trailer we got?

I want to do that everytime I play a Sonic game

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Darn it, Sonic Team! Just when I thought you were getting back on the right track, you go and pull this in a box.

Sponge

Banned
E-10 is edgy now?

Oh yeah, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I remember all the edge that game had.

If anyone in here is legitimately upset over this then wow.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Sonic and the Black Knight Rises

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
seems like standard villain talk
Pretty much. As I said before, cartoons/live-action TV shows, etc. use dialogue like this rather often, in both the past and the present. The script is just blunt.

It was generally preferable for me when I was a child when shows/games didn't sugarcoat everything with euphemisms and respected their audience's intelligence somewhat.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Guys, it's rated E10+. There's no way it can be that dark. Those are probably the darkest lines in the entire game.

Those are definitely going to be the darkest lines in the game. They are also very silly lines, although I don't think Sonic is known for its writing. I could be wrong though. I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

Those are definitely going to be the darkest lines in the game. They are also very silly lines, although I don't think Sonic is known for its writing. I could be wrong though. I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

play generations

do it now

You can talk about ripping out someone's intestines in a kid's show. As long as it's just talking (and no bad language), it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I actually plan to. I just have a fairly large backlog of games to get to, but I do want to play Generations and Colors.

They're worth playing, seriously. Generations is possibly my favorite 3D game in the franchise and Colors is also a really enjoyable game with an amazing soundtrack.

Top Bottom