• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 minutes of open world Watch Dogs gameplay [hacking, combat, driving]

Rashid

Banned
Completely forgot about this game. The initial excitement I had for this game dropped seeing as the reveal was... 2 years ago? Or 18 months?

Derrick01

Banned
game looks pretty bad...especially the shaders, lighting and shadows

It looks alright I guess. I'm just at the very beginning though.

The downgrade is 100% clear though. It doesn't even look as good as it did at E3 this year let alone the initial reveal. But it still doesn't look like a current gen open world game, it's enough of an upgrade for launch I think.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh god this game really is going to be modern Assassin's Creed isn't it? First few minutes and he's already destroying the tower taking something out to enable everything in the area.

REV 09

Oh god this game really is going to be modern Assassin's Creed isn't it? First few minutes and he's already destroying the tower taking something out to enable everything in the area.
I can't help but think of this while looking at the game. It just seems like what the modern day Desmond game would've evolved into.

I like the setting and autumn season, but other than that, nothing about the gameplay excites me. Looks like the same as any other open world game, but with prettier graphics.

The hacking mechanic alone is enough to differentiate it from AC for me.

Derrick01

Banned
The hacking mechanic alone is enough to differentiate it from AC for me.

The press A to initiate awesomeness mechanic you mean?

I don't want to sound disappointed but it's really depressing to see another initially ambitious Ubisoft game devolve into a mixture of Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 3, which are both dumbed down messes.

-griffy-

Banned
I'm never going to get over the absurdity of "hacking" everything. "Let's hack that forklift." He might as well be equipped with a sonic screwdriver.

It looks alright I guess. I'm just at the very beginning though.

The downgrade is 100% clear though. It doesn't even look as good as it did at E3 this year let alone the initial reveal. But it still doesn't look like a current gen open world game, it's enough of an upgrade for launch I think.
Can you point out some specifics? I'm not seeing much difference.

Omni

at least if it's popular, maybe Ubisoft will stop the milking of the AC franchise.

right?

:(

Top Bottom