• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox One Tour has started - check the map for demo truck locations and dates

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Trucks with playable Xbox One setups are making stops in multiple cities leading up to the release date. There are also bigger "Area One" parties in a few cities.

xbox.com/onetour said:
Test Drive (truck icon in the map details):
Xbox One is hitting the road with four decked out Xbox One trucks. Meet us at a Test Drive stop in one of the cities below and we'll put a controller in your hands, a game on the screen, and a spring in your step that'll carry you through to launch.

Area One (X icon in the map details):
Drop in** on one of our Area One parties to experience the new Xbox One console before it goes on sale November 22. With live music, live gameplay, and more, you and your friends can paint the town green. Be sure to bring your ID: This event is 18+ only!
**Space is limited, so entry is on a first come first served basis, if the venue is full you may be asked to return at a later time or different day.
Must be at least 18 years of age to enter.

USA/Canada: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/onetour

Check the map and click on the circles to see the schedule and location details.

EU: http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/onetour

AREA ONE:
PARIS OCT 10 - OCT 13
DUBLIN NOV 14 - NOV 17
VIENNA OCT 17 - OCT 20
LONDON NOV 21 - NOV 24
BERLIN OCT 31 - NOV 03

EVENTS:
MILAN GAMES WEEK OCT 25 - OCT 27
PARIS GAMES WEEK OCT 30 - NOV 03
MADRID GAMES WEEK NOV 07 - NOV 10

WE'LL ALSO BE HITTING THE STREETS IN UK, FRANCE AND GERMANY WITH "XBOX ONE TEST DRIVE"

The demo truck setup:
lopOsDH.jpg

aRGkNVi.jpg

(Full size)

jBBm9N9.jpg

Found out via
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1nlonb/so_this_came_to_my_school_today/
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1nnod5/xbone_suv_on_campus_yesterday/

Pack in four trucks and display across the country if old.
Edit: old-ish. Here's the other thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687349. Pulled in info from there.
(Mods, please switch XBox to Xbox in the title if we keep this one open)

Seriously the amount of states they're missing is sad. I mean, come on Microsoft! You have to pass by Utah if you're going from Colorado to Nevada, why completely skip us? :(

ack site not optimized for an iOS phone? (go
figure)

so is this coming close to jersey/NYCity/killadelphia? cause I'm down to
check this out before mine ships on nov 22

eosos

Banned
They were at my school. It was lame, they didn't let you go see the dashboard or anything. No one that I talked to who went was impressed.

I think I'm going to wait for the Area One events. Last I checked there is one in Toronto like right next to where I live.

Raticus79

I think I'm going to wait for the Area One events. Last I checked there is one in Toronto like right next to where I live.

Hmm, looks like they're all just Test Drives in Canada unfortunately. Not seeing any Area One events in Ontario, closest Area One spots would be Chicago or Philadelphia maybe?

Yeah, it was just Forza.

So they made xbox one trucks to tour the "country" and all you can do is demo forza?

That's kind of sad

Should have killer instinct and Ryse on there too

Also just realized with the outside demo, Forza finally got dynamic lighting...

SeanR1221

Anyone check out an Area One location? Was thinking of going to the Philly one on Saturday but I'm afraid it's going to be extremely crowded.

Kibbles

Ah so at least it's a 1080 truck.
I'm pretty sure the screens were 720p on the trucks.

Checked it out again today, posted my impressions from the last time in the other thread. Visuals were a lot nicer and vibrant since I could see the screens better :p As much as I loved the controller last time I was thinking of it from a fps perspective today and moving the sticks around and they feel like there is not enough resistance to them, like a madcatz controller or something. I don't know, they don't have any fps for demo so I can't tell for sure but that was my impression moving them around. Worrisome as fps is my most played genre.

BBOY267

Neo Member
the truck seems kinda dumb, but Im going to one of the area one events tomorrow in Philly. Probably will try and go at 10am and hope to avoid crazy crowds

Logash

the truck seems kinda dumb, but Im going to one of the area one events tomorrow in Philly. Probably will try and go at 10am and hope to avoid crazy crowds

I went to the one at 2 today and it was deserted outside. A fair amount of people inside but definitely not packed. As the day went on it seemed to get less packed.

BBOY267

Neo Member
I went to the one at 2 today and it was deserted outside. A fair amount of people inside but definitely not packed. As the day went on it seemed to get less packed.

I have no idea why they decided to have it in Kensington. They couldve picked a better location like in U city instead of having the test drives there

Logash

I have no idea why they decided to have it in Kensington. They couldve picked a better location like in U city instead of having the test drives there

Yeah I thought about that too. idk, it wasn't too bad. I live in north philly so I knew the area pretty well.

Raticus79

Odd, there was one showing in Toronto just yesterday

Hmm, guess the schedules are changing as venues change. I was thinking about posting a list in the OP but it would be a moving target.

I'm pretty sure the screens were 720p on the trucks.

Checked it out again today, posted my impressions from the last time in the other thread. Visuals were a lot nicer and vibrant since I could see the screens better :p As much as I loved the controller last time I was thinking of it from a fps perspective today and moving the sticks around and they feel like there is not enough resistance to them, like a madcatz controller or something. I don't know, they don't have any fps for demo so I can't tell for sure but that was my impression moving them around. Worrisome as fps is my most played genre.

Ah crap, I searched and everything. Here's the link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687349

Hey guys, I just got back from the Area One event in Philly and I played the Xbox One for about two and a half hours straight. They pretty much had every Microsoft published launch game there and I played all of them except for the ones that would be categorized as XBLA. That would include some Zoo game (Zoo Tycoon? I don't know) and Lococycle. Here are my impressions about what I saw and played.

The OS: The first thing I did when I got into a game by myself was press the Xbox button to see the OS. As soon as I did this the girl at the booth quickly ran over to me and told me not to press that button cause the OS isn't done yet. The only thing I can really tell you about it is that as soon as I pressed the button it went to the menu with no lag. It looked nice.

The Hardware: The first thing I noticed when I saw the box itself is that is looks much smaller in person. I tried to pick it up but it was pretty much stuck to the table. Good thing is that it wasn't in any sort of box so I could feel around the console a bit (naughty?). The materials feel sturdy and the design looks much better in person.

Controller: I absolutely loved the original 360 control and was a little skeptical about the Xbox One controller. From the pictures I saw it looked a little more bulky than the 360 but boy was I wrong. Not only is this thing smaller than the 360 controller, it also feels much more comfortable. As soon as I put this thing in my hand it fit perfectly. It feels like the guys at Microsoft payed alot of attention to how this thing fits in your hand. The ABXY buttons feel very similar to the 360's so nothing new there. The triggers felt a little weird at first but I got used to the quickly. The D-Pad is absolutely prefect. Overall I am very impressed with this controller.

Ryse: So this game looked really freaking pretty in person. The demo that I played was the co-op gladiator mode that was shown at Gamescom I think. While the visuals really impressed me, the combat left me with a very bad taste. X and Y are basic attack and B is to dodge. You could hold X or Y and get a heavy version of that attack. While many games have similar formats, Ryse probably does it the worst I have ever seen. It just doesn't seem to flow very well even with the addition of the executions. Speaking of the executions, these things happen way too often and actually messes up the flow quite a bit. The game just did not feel right to me.

Forza: I am going to admit, I am not a fan of simulator racers at all. I can't for the life of me see why people like these types of games. With that said, Forza looks freaking pretty and plays really smooth. Like, I said, I'm not a fan but I think fans will like the way it plays. Forza also gave me a chance to try the new haptic feedback triggers. I got a rumble sensation when I would press the brakes and wow did it feel legit. I cannot wait to try these in a genre that I actually like. I thought these things were absolutely amazing!

Kinect Sports Rivals: The demo that I played was of the wave race game. Not much to really say about this game except that it works. I didn't notice any real lag so that's good.

Dead Rising 3: This was one of my most anticipated games of the Xbox One launch lineup and I have to say, it didn't disappoint. The demo started me off with a couple of basic items that I quickly learned how to combine into even crazier wacky items. The first thing I did was turn the sledge hammer and saw into the sledge saw thing in the demos. I loved bashing the huge horde of Zombies with this thing. My favorite weopon that I used was one I created with a mic stand and amp. It turns into this electrical spear that zapped Zombies and cause a sort of chain lighnting move. The game didn't look particularly next gen but the amount of zombies on screen was amazing. The framerate was pretty steady so I think it might have been the build with the locked 30 FPS.

Killer Instinct: This is the game I spent the most time with (one full hour). First of all, let me say that I was a fan of the original and it feels good to see these characters again. The game looks very pretty, especially the particle effects. When I first started the game I had no idea how to play but I quickly got the hang of it and eventually was able to fight by myself against no one on controller 2. This is where I really got the hang of it and started to learn how to pull of some pretty sick combos. The game played very smooth and the combos I pulled off at the end were amazing. I went undefeated for a while and the girl at the booth started sending people to play with me. I eventually got my ass whooped by a guy that was way better than me. Definitely the most fun game I played.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that the build I was playing only had Jago, Saberwulf, Glacius, and Thunder. I played with Thunder most of the time.

Overall, I was very impressed with what I saw and I walked away with a much better understanding of the Xbox One.

Alx

Do people play directly on the truck, in outdoor conditions ? If so it's surprising (as in "good surprise") to let them play kinect games like Rivals, I would have thought the game would be easily disrupted by sunlight.

Also lol at :
Killer Instinct: This is the game I spent the most time with (one full hour). (...) I went undefeated for a while and the girl at the booth started sending people to play with me.

"Please go beat that guy who's been hogging the controller for one hour !" :D

Do people play directly on the truck, in outdoor conditions ? If so it's surprising (as in "good surprise") to let them play kinect games like Rivals, I would have thought the game would be easily disrupted by sunlight.

Also lol at :

"Please go beat that guy who's been hogging the controller for one hour !" :D

Someone who went to the truck thing said only Forza was playable

And no UI stuff shown

Literally just a Forza demo

Top Bottom