• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Russia claims that Nathan Drake is protagonist of Uncharted PS4.

Playstation Russia posted on their Facebook page:

"We would like to share some important news with you, first trailer of Uncharted on PS4 has been released! Where do you think Nathan Drake's fate will take him this time?"

64b999d4eea18cdbefdcc0af5003d9e1.png

You ask, "why do i have to believe this?". That's why - Playstation Russia back in 2010 with their Twitter leaked Mass Effect 3 reveal 3 weeks before VGA's.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105493-Sony-Russia-Claims-BioWare-Reveal-Is-Mass-Effect-3

We knew that Drake is almost 100% in this game, but some sort of clarification is always a good thing.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I bet they don't know what they are talking about.

I can't wait for this game though.

edit: This is still the best theory out there:

Since it hasn't been posted yet:
"Every Betrayed us all" is not an incomplete sentence, Every is a name, Henry Every, he was a very famous British pirate in the 17th/18th century. And the guy speaking is probably Robert Drury, his ship wrecked in Madagascar and he was trapped there for 15 years exactly what this teaser shows. These events also happened in the 17th/18th century, so he must be seeking revenge from Every.

I don't think they "know" in the sense of having it confirmed to them, but he's totally going to be the protagonist because he's a fun character and because that's how franchises work and that's basically all we need to know.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I hope so. Uncharted without Drake/Sully/Elena trio is like Halo without Master Chief, or MGS without Snake. Just wouldn't be the same thing.

Nugg

I can also reveal that Nathan Drake will be the protagonist. It doesn't mean I'm right though.

It's just some community manager with zero insight assuming Nathan Drake will return.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
google translate

We want to share with you important news: the first movie was released for the PlayStation Uncharted 4! What do you think, where this time the fate of the buried a Nathan Drake?

RIP in peace Nathan.

Domino792

I hope so. Uncharted without Drake/Sully/Elena trio is like Halo without Master Chief, or MGS without Snake. Just wouldn't be the same thing.

Yea i was getting worried that they were going to try and reboot it with new characters, and to me it would just ruin the series to not have Nate and Sully.

I think you are reading too much into words of the social media guy working for Sony in Russia, he is probably just assumed it's Nathan Drake since it's....Uncharted.

Spinluck

Sweet. I hope shit ends up getting a lot darker for him this time. And I feel like we will definitely be playing flashbacks.

I can also reveal that Nathan Drake will be the protagonist. It doesn't mean I'm right though.

It's just some community manager with zero insight assuming Nathan Drake will return.

Before VGA's 2010 someone with " with zero insight" leaked ME3 reveal 3 weeks early.

Gaz_RB

Man, I kinda wanted Drake to be the antagonist! love the character and the series, so as long as he's in it, I'm good to go

Great. As long as Nolan North comes back to voice Drake, some background characters, and several inanimate objects, this will be a day one buy for me.

Flarin

This Just In: Mario to be main character of new Super Mario Brothers game.

Seriously, GAF tends to way overthink things at times. If you think Nathan Drake isn't the main character in this game then you're nuts.

Top Bottom