• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Soriku

F*** Atlus. I'm so done. Seriously? Chibi Persona for 3DS? Literally pissed off your entire fanbase Atlus you idiots, I hope it bombs. Gave us the exact opposite of what we wanted, way to go Atlus. You lost my money here and I'm sure many others as well.

You're going to look really silly soon enough.

MLH

Atlus just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Persona for any system, nor will they purchase any of Atlus' games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Atlus has alienated an entire market with this move.

Atlus, publicly apologize and cancel Persona Q or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Sorry, I had to after seeing the reaction on the sidebar

LOL, was waiting for someone to post this, well done.

Not sure what to think of a spin-off, I guess it's cool just seems to be trying to ride off the popularity of P3 & P4 rather than pushing ahead with P5. Don't really like the Chibi characters, I never have liked that art style but it won't stop me from buying it. As for console choice, I don't care; 3DS makes sense with the install base + I already own one.

cj_iwakura

BZ1Q776CMAA83qa.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/404568532152627200

what.

So let me get this straight

If PersonaQ is coming out June in Japan

This means Persona 5 will HAVE to be pushed back to fall as to not coincide with PersonaQ.

So basically after potential announcement there's still a 8month+ wait time. Not sure if can wait so long...

Jucksalbe

Banned
Game is probably good and I'll surely buy it if it comes over, but having a countdown like this for a spinoff seems a bit much. Still hoping there'll be more.

Top Bottom