• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita/PS4 'Ultimate' bundle in-bound this year - MCV

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/vita-ps4-ultimate-bundle-in-bound-this-year/0124782

It’s not all about PS4 this Christmas for Sony, with the firm throwing £2.5m behind Vita, too.

The company is putting together PS4 and Vita into an ‘Ultimate Bundle’, which will launch before Christmas. Gamers that own both consoles can stream their PS4 games to their Vita and play off-screen, which Sony views as a big selling-point for the handheld.

The company is also running a £2.5m TV campaign for Vita. Entitled ‘The Best Way to Play’ the ad will promote both Vita’s connectivity with PS4 and its big Q4 exclusive, Tearaway.

Will be interesting to see what they price it at, but if it's good value, I could see it doing well. I'd put it at £500 with a 1year PS+ voucher and an 8gb card.

mjontrix

If the Vita still fails to sell now, it never had a chance...

I do hope it manages to sell - we need to support region-free! Also all those indie games on the go! And streaming!

MightyKAC

Looks like they're also using the opportunity to give Tearaway an ad push which is some pretty good news too.

Valentus

Price it $500 and then you'll broke christmas Sony.

Price it just like buying a ps4+vita and it'll be the worst selling bundle this christmas.

JP

Sony should keep the PS4/Vita bundles the same price as Microsoft sell the new Xbox with the camera, they make a bit of money on both pieces of hardware so they should be willing to take a bit of a hit to compete with Microsoft's bundle and add either 3 or 6 months of Plus and maybe even a PS3 discount voucher.

If Microsoft drop the price of the Xbox then Sony should do everything they can to match it and they should also keep the cheaper version without the Vita.

I'll already have both by then, but an Xmas bundle for£450 with PS4+Vita included would be killer. Anything to make Vita more successful

Skyzard

Banned
If the Vita still fails to sell now, it never had a chance...

I do hope it manages to sell - we need to support region-free! Also all those indie games on the go! And streaming!

Nah I reckon chances are it will do better once hype for the actual next gen consoles themselves dies down a bit, not at the same time as the launch, most people will just about afford a next gen console, if that.

Ashadur

Neo Member
If its priced at £430, the same price as the Xbox One, i can see people seeing that as more value and buying the PS4+Vita deal.

TomShoe

Banned
Immediately came to mind.

south-park-1707-black-friday-WINTERISCOMING-clip13.jpg

Still, a welcome addition. I was planning to get a Vita in the near future anyway, but only after I had gotten a 3DS and a PS4. My 3DS (and Pokemon) is sitting on the drawer, so why not kill two birds with one stone?

The only hard part is getting my hands on a PS4 in the first place...they sell out as quickly as they get in stock.

MightyKAC

Price it $500 and then you'll broke christmas Sony.

Price it just like buying a ps4+vita and it'll be the worst selling bundle this christmas.

While a $500 price point is pretty unlikely, this kind of bundle MAY see a bit of business if the standalone PS4 stocks become scarce enough.

With a reasonable price point that is.

Well that's not a bad move on Sony's part, the Vita is kinda getting better in the market and this should give it a helping hand as well!
I love my Vita anyway :)

Skeff

If they can't get the price down to $500 they need to bundle stuff that is low cost for them, such as PS+ or Tearaway digital version.

Vita 2000 - $190
8GB memory Card - $24.99
Tearaway - $39.99

That is not a good value, lol

Errrm you missed PS4 $399...

not this year, i mean they will already be on their toes to fill up any supply shortages so will they crunch out more bundles especially expensive ones

Shengar

Vita 2000 - $190
8GB memory Card - $24.99
Tearaway - $39.99

That is not a good value, lol

Tearaway priced at 20 pounds in UK, SCEA pricing for that game is stupid D:
Also you missed the PS4. I don't include because my post is about "what the bundle should have" beside the obvious PS4 and Vita.

Arttemis

I just don't see how that is possible. what's the point of making $100 Vita TV then.

They haven't announced the VitaTV outside of Japan, have they? But still, even if they do a last minute reveal via a bundle like this, I'd still probably bite, because it's still essentially a PS4 in two rooms at once!

But if they do bundle a Vita portable (assuming the savings are there), I'd be hard pressed to say no, despite already owning a vita!!! And I almost always wait for the first hardware revision (which I'm hoping included 5GHz wifi, and coincides with a Vita revision that does the same, for improved Remote Play quality and connection).

Nikodemos

$500 with 8GB Memory Card, the new Vita, and Tearaway (digital copy is fine)
FUCKING DO IT SONY

Nah.

- PS4+Knack (yes I know the reviews - fcuk'em)
- Vita+8GB memcard
- Tearaway (maybe digital copy)
- 3 months PSN+

$599 written in a massive font for total trololo.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
How is the Vita going for mass exposure with the shitty single account sign situation? SONY WHAT ARE YOU DOING
Because most people don't care. I never got that beside trying to get content from other areas. Which most people don't care about. Or if you're sharing a handheld. Which... People don't? Unless you're kidding. Whatever.

Make it $500, 8GB memory card, and a Tearaway voucher. Gangbusters.

Top Bottom