• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI probably won't be for smartphones

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/2...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

He then asks about the possibility of seeing the next installment of the main numbered Dragon Quest series on mobile devices.

“I don’t think that it’s as easy as it sounds,” says Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii. “At the current stage, there are no talks about making Dragon Quest XI for smartphones. I believe that there’s still plenty left to overcome before we release a proper sequel for smartphones.”

“That’s quite the bold statement,” responds Andou. “On the other hand, my main battlefield lies within making games for smartphones, so a part of me tells myself ‘smartphones are game consoles, too’ while I work. However, going back to what you just said, I clearly understand what you mean.”

“Smartphones are smartphones, and they’re not game consoles,” states Horii in response to Andou. “I don’t think they’ll be replacing game consoles, but rather, I believe it’s a matter of offering something to those who only have smartphones.
”

DQXI will be tablet only, DQXII will be smartphones.

Phazon

Yeah, I think 3DS has a highest chance of getting XI. (unless they already decided it was going to be ps3, but I doubt that)

Soriku

Good.jpg

More than likely going to 3DS but I'd still love to see it on PS4, cel-shaded and a world even better than DQ VIII's.

The battle has been won.

But the localization war is what truly matters.

New mainline DQs should be a no-brainer.

Squire

Banned
It's nice that Horii put his stance about this out there so people can stop worrying about it.

Absolutely. He worded himself really clearly and he's got the right idea.

If I had to guess, DQXI will probably be on the 3DS.

Edit: I would kill to have it on PS4. DQVIII, man.

MAN.

Greenzxy

So, doesn't Dragon Quest come to the systems that have the highest user base for each generation? I could see Dragon Quest coming to PS4 some time soon.

Wasn't there some insider rumours before E3 that Sony is trying to get DQ back? That would require some serious moneyhats though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nirolak post if you are okay ;-)
Nah just kidding, I'm not surprised but it's nice of Horii to confirm it.

I'm fine with 3DS. I got 150 hours in DQIX (not that much I know).

Although it would be cool to see a single player console Dragon Quest.

I don't want to imagine a 3DS game running on PS3.

It'd really be a waste of time/money/everything. I don't think it's likely.

If they want it to sell it has to be on 3DS too.

Now that he mentioned DQX , I think it's most likely that game. Why do you think its a waste of everything? SONY got 14 as an exclusive instead of 15 , remember?

Top Bottom