• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS4's Blue Light probably just saved my little nephews life. (Mine too)

Probably, since it's hard to tell exactly what could have happened...

But anyway. So I was headed out to the gym tonight at around 9 o clock. I went out the front door only to quickly notice that my parents truck was parked on the street adjacent to our driveway entrance and thus blocking my exit from the driveway. I came back inside our house to ask my brother in law to move the truck so I could back out of the driveway, but I apparently failed to close the front door properly. Anyway, my brother in law moves the truck, I back out of the driveway and take off, and he resumes working on his car in the garage. He was working with the garage door open to let any fumes out that might otherwise accumulate in the enclosed space.

During that time, my nephew, who's a year and seven months old, somehow snuck upstairs, grabbed my DS4, and made his way to the street through the front door that I seemingly left ajar. A short while later, my brother in law sees that our cat has snuck into the garage while he was looking away, so before he closes the garage door and wraps up his work for the night he takes the cat outside. That's when he notices an out of place blue light by one of the cars parked in the street. He goes to check it out and sure enough my nephew was out there playing with the controller and some rocks!

He says that had it not been for the blue light out there, he wouldn't have known my nephew was out in the street / by the parked cars. Assuming that to be the case, he would have been under the impression that my nephew was with my sister in their room, safe and sound...

What a scary thought. Thank you based DS4 for saving my nephew's life and for ensuring that my sister and brother in law didn't murder me had anything happened to my curious nephew. In Yoshida and Cerny we trust. Yes I know I'm an idiot for not double checking the door with a child around the house, but I really am thankful that my nephew was kept out of harms way. There are so many things that could have gone wrong had that bright blue light not been shining out there.

HYDE

Banned
holy shitballs, you're lucky nothing happened.
I better not see you in the defective DS4 thread though...lol!

Kuro

Playstation 4: It only saves babies

Edit: What happened to the it only does everything campaign anyway?

Lightbar vindicated!
/s

Great story and I'm glad to hear your nephew is ok. Just wish we had more options with the lightbar

Moral of the story is that we should attach PS4 controllers to small children. Also, wow you evaded potentially one of the worst days of your family's life.

HYDE

Banned
Trick or treaters will be strapped with DS4s in the future while carrying their Star Wars litesabers.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Probably, since it's hard to tell exactly what could have happened...

But anyway. So I was headed out to the gym tonight at around 9 o clock. I went out the front door only to quickly notice that my parents truck was parked on the street adjacent to our driveway entrance and thus blocking my exit from the driveway. I came back inside our house to ask my brother in law to move the truck so I could back out of the driveway, but I apparently failed to close the front door properly. Anyway, my brother in law moves the truck, I back out of the driveway and take off, and he resumes working on his car in the garage. He was working with the garage door open to let any fumes out that might otherwise accumulate in the enclosed space.

During that time, my nephew, who's a year and seven months old, somehow snuck upstairs, grabbed my DS4, and made his way to the street through the front door that I seemingly left ajar. A short while later, my brother in law sees that our cat has snuck into the garage while he was looking away, so before he closes the garage door and wraps up his work for the night he takes the cat outside. That's when he notices an out of place blue light by one of the cars parked in the street. He goes to check it out and sure enough my nephew was out there playing with the controller and some rocks!

He says that had it not been for the blue light out there, he wouldn't have known my nephew was out in the street / by the parked cars. Assuming that to be the case, he would have been under the impression that my nephew was with my sister in their room, safe and sound...

What a scary thought. Thank you based DS4 for saving my nephew's life and for ensuring that my sister and brother in law didn't murder me had anything happened to my curious nephew. In Yoshida and Cerny we trust. Yes I know I'm an idiot for not double checking the door with a child around the house, but I really am thankful that my nephew was kept out of harms way. There are so many things that could have gone wrong had that bright blue light not been shining out there.

As an uncle myself I can sympathise. You have to be so on the ball with small children as before you know it they can run out of your sight and disappear like fucking ninjas. I'm paranoid as hell about checking doors are locked, keeping keys out of reach etc when my little nephew is around.

HMC

Thank God the kid was OK. Thank God.

I hated the lightbar at first, but I loved the way it brought Laura's ambient torch light into my darkened room.

Is Infant Saving an exclusive or will it go multi platform?

MS will moneyhat it and put it behind the paywall. Valve will introduce it in steam for free and upgrade it to include saving old people. Sony will eventually get it back at a later point. Nintendo will realize that saving people's lives may in fact be a good thing in 3 - 5 years but not act on it.

Kvik

The lightbar saved me from dying quite a number of times in KZ SF; so yes, I consider it very useful.

MS will moneyhat it and put it behind the paywall. Valve will introduce it in steam for free and upgrade it to include saving old people. Sony will eventually get it back at a later point. Nintendo will realize that saving people's lives may in fact be a good thing in 3 - 5 years but not act on it.

10/10

foxbeldin

"DS4 : Saving little children's life since 2014"

You're killing the #DS4noLED here
Thank g.. Thank Cerny he's ok

That's a better conclusion than the last time you told GAF about your nephew getting into your stuff.
Nephew kills the Vita but is saved by the DS4. The Sony family holds no grudge.

RRnhhqW.gif

Top Bottom