• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You guys, DQVII3DS...wtf's going on with it!? ;_;

So...not a single peep about it at the Direct. Is SE basically left to its own devices to bring this game over? Cause...we all saw what an amazing job they did releasing Type-0 around the world.

I understand the game would take a long time to localize, but at least throw us a bone and let us know it's actually coming. (Assuming it hasn't been completely tossed aside.) Bravely Default got a NA confirmation way, way before its actual release.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's all I wanted, and judging from Nintendo's dreadful lineup today, it would've at least been something worth caring about.

Sigh

The franchise is dead in the West, at least on dedicated gaming platforms (recent trademarks suggest that some of the mobile remakes may be released here). Best to just assume that.

Mr. RPG

I'm still giving Nintendo and Square-Enix until E3 to announce it.

If it isn't announced by then then it will never come and you will witness a new dark age.. A dark age of Dragon Quest.

Yeah, it's pretty much bullshit. If they can announce that MH4 is coming IN 2015 then they could at least let us know if DQ7 is on its way, even if it is a year away.
I'm also a bit saddened to see that "X" is almost certainly going to be an online game with Phantasy Star Online style game play / avatars.

I recommend buying the PS1 version at this point. It's a really great game.

I sold my copy (having never played it) to a fellow Gaffer thinking the 3DS one was a lock.

Kazerei

Banned
I was actually quite surprised that Square-Enix took a chance on Bravely Default, a new IP with a weird name to native English speakers. Dragon Quest isn't really an established brand here, but to me it seems like a safer bet. Ah well.

Draconian

Yeah, it's pretty much bullshit. If they can announce that MH4 is coming IN 2015 then they could at least let us know if DQ7 is on its way, even if it is a year away.

Capcom already announced that. I agree with the poster who said to wait for E3. If it's not there, then I'd be worried.

Mr. RPG

I'm also a bit saddened to see that "X" is almost certainly going to be an online game with Phantasy Star Online style game play / avatars.

Could just be waiting until E3.

They must really want to show it there.

We'll know if this thing is coming out by June.

Mr. RPG

Capcom already announced that. I agree with the poster who said to wait for E3. If it's not there, then I'd be worried.

No, everyone is already worried, but if Dragon Quest is a no show at E3, then it is the final nail in the coffin.

Thinking about it now, has any Dragon Quest localization been announced at E3? I can't recall.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's dead Jim.

As much as I want to play it, I'm starting to give up hope for the game now. Fucking Square Enix, disappointing me again and again. I don't even blame Nintendo for picking up Bravely Default instead if that one rumor was true. SE deserves every last ounce of blame for once ignoring what its western fans want. Maybe they'll announce at E3, but I'm in cynical mood today.

I dunno...E3 doesn't really make sense to me. The past couple of years, E3 has massively focused on western games with Japanese titles relegated to TGS, ND, or stand-alone announcements from publishers.

This is all starting to feel like the wait for, then, VersusXIII announcements where every event, we're pointed to the next one months down the line.

epmode

I'd totally be down with crowdfunding the localization.

But really, Square Enix is 98% worthless these days so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised about this.

Come on, plenty of smaller titles make it to Europe or the US.

Smaller games from smaller companies. DQ7 has a large script and SE is thinking about opportunity cost. For roughly the same budget, they could churn out a worthless free-to-play mobile abortion that some whales will fund in 45 minutes.

gngf123

In some parallel universe there is a world where a western release of DQVII 3DS exists alongside an EU release of Rune Factory 4 and SMT4.

This isn't that world and probably never will be. It's dead. Just as dead as Neverland.

Eusis

It's kind of crazy the treatment the series gets despite its size in Japan. It kind of seems like the series many other companies would habitually bring over just because it's big in Japan and not something crazy niche like Derby simulators or Mahjong games and even hit one million across NA/EU with DQIX, yet here we are.

But, I think we have until E3 to go full doom mode. And admittedly localization can't really be ignored, either for why it's not reliably brought out or for why it's taking so long (DQVII's script sounds like one of the only games to rival if not entirely dwarf a Kiseki game.)

Every time you fill out a Club Nintendo survey, use the optional box at the very end (which is normally used to give personal recommendations) to tell Nintendo that you want Dragon Quest 7. That's probably the only section of the surveys that have to be read by a human being.

Every time you fill out a Club Nintendo survey, use the optional box at the very end (which is normally used to give personal recommendations) to tell Nintendo that you want Dragon Quest 7. That's probably the only section of the surveys that have to be read by a human being.

This! We have to make a shitton of noise apparently.

SAVE US 8-4 PLAY ;_;

Bravely Default just happened. Outside of Monster Hunter and Smash, Nintendo has nothing announced for the 3DS past May 3. Iwata wants to localize more games to fill in the gaps.

Didn't expect it today, still think it will come eventually.

Claneko

I don't want to, but I'm giving up on this one. At least I can still play my Ps1 copy if I want to play the game, but I guess this is how it will be.

Finalow

Being bundled with SMTIV in Europe.
this.
gotta believe guys.

but it's probably not going to happen.

127.gif

I'm starting to lose hope that this is ever going to get released here. It was the game I was most looking forward to playing when I bought my 3DS last year, but now it seems Nintendo may not be bringing this one over. God knows Square Enix isn't going to do shit.

Top Bottom