• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Coming to 26 new markets in September

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
We’ll have much more to share at a local level towards the end of April, so stay tuned. In the meantime, the confirmed additional launch markets for September include:

• Argentina
• Belgium
• Chile
• Colombia
• Czech Republic
• Denmark
• Finland
• Greece
• Hungary • India
• Israel
• Japan
• Korea
• Netherlands
• Norway
• Poland
• Portugal
• Russia
• Saudi Arabia
• Singapore
• Slovakia
• South Africa
• Sweden
• Switzerland
• Turkey
• UAE
http://majornelson.com/2014/03/18/xbox-one-coming-to-26-new-markets-in-september/

Ulumsk

Why, I do live there.

Will be interesting to see how PS4's head start and Xbone imports from countries like Germany will affect Tier 2 initial sales. Most of my local norgie Xbox-only buds have imported theirs.

V_Ben

Banned
One thing for nrkml - the local announcements are happening in April, so possible they knew A date, just not THE date.

kiguel182

I'm not seeing it sell a lot here (Portugal) so I wasn't expecting us to be included in this

I'm very curious to see how it will sell in Japan.

Mask

10 months is a long time for people to wait for a more expensive, weaker console. Highly likely that anyone who wanted an Xbone has already imported one.

Still, better to show willing, and at least the importers will be able to buy games for cheaper.

sakipon

I thought the rumors about Xbox One launching after summer was just some mean spirited talk from people who don't like MS. Amazing that it's real.

10 months is a long time for people to wait for a more expensive, weaker console. Highly likely that anyone who wanted an Xbone has already imported one.

Still, better to show willing, and at least the importers will be able to buy games for cheaper.

Unfortunately for many countries official prices are often more expensive.

Twinduct

Really hope they add a data center here or at least a dedicated alternative. Pointless to own a Xbone if it's biggest games aren't even released here (Titanfall).

None of these territories will make much impact on sales, maybe another 1000 a week. That's why I chuckle everytime I see someone post "but ps4 is in more territories".

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Unfortunately for many countries official prices are often more expensive.

This.

Southeast Asian countries are just going to get screwed over. If not local taxes, it's simply for the fact that our markets are so small that the RRP is higher to support retailers/increase profit margin.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
logical. by then they could iron out the OS for each market and do a pack-in (titanfall?) plus a lower entry point price to go along with ample supply. Let's face it, the XB1 is in beta test mode right now as a product. Better to let it cook some more.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I wonder why they're delaying the whole of Europe for the sake of relatively small Asian markets. It can't be supply issues, since there's a much larger demand issue: they can't sell the units they're making.

logical. by then they could iron out the OS for each market and do a pack-in (titanfall?) plus a lower entry point price to go along with ample supply. Let's face it, the XB1 is in beta test mode right now as a product. Better to let it cook some more.
Hmm, that's an interesting way of looking at. Maybe with a major OS update to go along with the Tier 2 launches, it'll be something of a 'second launch' for the Xbone.

Too bad nobody will care about Xbone by that point.

Cornbread78

Damn, I was thinking late spring/summer, but way back to Sept. That is a crazy long wait for those countries though.... Just in time for Destiny and all the pre holiday and holiday releases.

StuBurns

Banned
Are they going to be able to manufacture the eighty units they'll need for this roll out?

Seriously, why has this taken so long? Have they said? Speech recognition?

Top Bottom