• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise confirmed as playable Persona 4 Arena Ultimax character (Ken to follow?)

FluxWaveZ

jayWiaX.jpg

Somewhat validating the apparent Best Buy slip-up last week, Persona 4's Rise Kujikawa has been confirmed as a playable character in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax via Famitsu

That makes a total of five new characters, along with Junpei, Yukari, Sho and Persona Sho, and it's likely that Ken Amada from Persona 3 will be revealed shortly because he was a character mentioned in the Best Buy description and the character's Japanese voice actor hinted as much.

Edit:
Release details: August in Japan for over 6,000 yen.

Seeing how the Best Buy description was probably correct, the western release will be on September 16. Hopefully no region locking occurs.

Edit 2:
New details:

- Japanese release date = August 28, 2014
- Price = 6,980 yen
- New mode = "Golden Arena Mode", w/ RPG elements such as leveling up, learning skills and customization and Social Links. Will be implemented in arcades this Friday.
- Story of P4AU might tie into story of P4D.
- First-print copies will have additional scenario DLC

August 28 is mighty close to September 16...

Edit 3:

Edit 4:
The official P4U2 website has been updated, and there's a new preview trailer for Rise.

Looks like she has a new persona going by the image, I wonder if that means they aren't classifying any of the evolved personas as canon since they all reverted back to the base forms in P4A and now it seems Himiko is evolving into something else leaving Kanzeon and Kouzeon in the dust.

But does anyone really want to play as Ken?
Just think, you get to set the training dummy to the little brat so you can punch him in the face all day long.

FluxWaveZ

Looks like she has a new persona going by the image, I wonder if that means they aren't classifying any of the evolved personas as canon since they all reverted back to the base forms in P4A and now it seems Himiko is evolving into something else leaving Kanzeon and Kouzeon in the dust.

In the image, the Persona is apparently still known as Himiko.

Crunch King

Neo Member
Cool news, will be interesting to see how they have Rise fight. This of course opens up the potential for Fuuka some time down the line as well.

And, by proxy, Ken being confirmed too is good news - I have a new permanent training dummy. I'm going to hit that little scrote in the face, a lot.

Pics_nao

If Atlus can give a bullshit reason as to why Rise can be playable in a fighting game than Atlus can bullshit FeMC and Minato into the game along with Margaret and the P2 cast.

Philippo

Mai waifu no.2 (1 is obv Chie, but she's the hottest).

Any chance we'll get a teaser (a pic, some story material, maybe a character) for P5?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Seeing how the Best Buy description was probably correct, the western release will be on September 16. Hopefully no region locking occurs.

Jesus at the price, though considering thats the SRP can imagine it will be around 5000ish perhaps a little more with online retailers.

Lunar15

With the releases that close, I can only assume that means they're going to use region locking again. I hope not, though.

No no no no no no

Better not be hatin' on Rise. Unless you're talking about Ken, in which case go right ahead.

Arthos

Rise <3 Can't wait to play as her. It'll be interesting to see just how she plays like. What attacks and magic will she even use?

Dancing All Night Rise Costume. Atlus, pls.

Edit: Ken was "okay."

Meia

Honestly, the only thing that I'm bothered by is her persona changing form for this just so she can fight. Not sure what to think of that.

I mean, it's fine if her whole arena story is after the first one she's tired of being a damsel or something and wants to not be a burden and take more of an active role in protecting herself and her friends, and her Persona changes to reflect this change in her psyche, but this is ARENA here. It's not exactly known for it's story. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder are we getting only 6 playable characters as Best Buy leak stated? With the leaks, we already got 6 playable characters so far so I wonder what's up with Adachi?

I wonder are we getting only 6 playable characters as Best Buy leak stated? With the leaks, we already got 6 playable characters so far so I wonder what's up with Adachi?

Story NPC like I have been saying from the start!

6 new characters and almost everyone gets a shadow form though? Not bad Arcsys, not bad at all, but RIP P1/2.

Top Bottom