• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announce Pokemon Art Academy (3DS) - Launches June 19th in Japan

WOW, out of the fucking left field!

At first I thought this was pointless, but then I remembered; coloring in Pokemon Channel was surprisingly a blast!

And POKEMON TCG CREATION WAT!!!

Andrefpvs

1g0VUrE.png

2qXr1nh.png

5CCH3cW.png

uCCInzL.png

Why do Pokemon has the worst spinoffs in the world?

you shut your mouth lol
Actually, a fair number of the spinoffs are a lot of fun. This however looks pretty weird.
But hey, I think there's a large part of the fanbase that enjoys making Pokemon art. So, I think it's a pretty logical idea.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Should sell at minimum 100k at retail in Japan.

Download-only title for NOA and NOE markets of course ;)

Has to be Headstrong on this right? Aside from Puzzle League (which sort of shouldn't count as that was on the IP created by IntSys), is this the first western-developed Pokemon game?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Hmm, would buy I guess?

Speaking of Art Academy, has anyone played the 3DS version? Is it an improvement from the DS versions?

Eusis

Should probably sell at minimum 100k at retail.

Download-only title for NOA and NOE markets of course ;)
Who the fuck are you kidding, it's a Pokemon game. They'll stock it at retail because it'll still sell better than a lot of niche games can hope to. Though it has been a weird time for Nintendo's casual titles, but the Pokemon factor would probably help.

To be a master A drawing master
I will be drawin' a brand new chapter
Pokepen Go Go
(randomly came into head when I saw this)

Interesting note about the title in Japanese the 'Art Academy' games are known, in kanji, as 絵心教室 (Lit. 'Art Classroom'), while this game is 'アートアカデミー’ (Art Academy) in Katakana.

popyea

Pokemon and photography? Completely absurd, fellow! Will never happen.

Would be cool if this game was kind of similar to Snap, in that you could be viewing a 3d model of the pokemon out in the wild while you draw it, or having one sit for you as a subject.

JoeM86

Seeing a lot of responses who think this will be Japan only. Crazy.

Well, it should be interesting for me to cover, that's for sure.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cool concept for a Pokemon spinoff. Art Academy is great as-is and adding themed lessons will probably increase its appeal, especially for young kids.

I'm a terrible artist but I was impressed with what I did with Art Academy after a few short lessons. I mean, not impressed like "Wow, that's amazing" but more like "Wow, it doesn't look like a child's scribbles like the drawings I usually do"

LordGouda

Cool concept for a Pokemon spinoff. Art Academy is great as-is and adding themed lessons will probably increase its appeal, especially for young kids.

I'm a terrible artist but I was impressed with what I did with Art Academy after a few short lessons. I mean, not impressed like "Wow, that's amazing" but more like "Wow, it doesn't look like a child's scribbles like the drawings I usually do"

Since my art is as good as a toddler trying to draw the Mona Lisa, I might as well get both this and the original Art Academy.

You know. for mah waifu: Gardevoir.

Top Bottom