• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to the West

L~A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5cYfMGGrFo&feature=youtu.be

Screenshots there!

Defend the innocent and save the day! Courtroom hero Phoenix Wright lays down the law this winter in the digital release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. Experience the original trilogy like never before in clear, high-resolution re-drawn graphics and immersive 3D visuals optimized for the Nintendo 3DS system. Join rookie lawyer Phoenix Wright through the early years of his career in his quest to find the truth behind all of the classic cases! Prepare for intense courtroom showdowns by investigating crime scenes, collecting evidence, and questioning witnesses. Use evidence and the testimonies of witnesses to your advantage as you battle for the innocence of your client. Nothing less of a full acquittal will do in this court of law. Find the contradictions in witnesses' testimonies to expose the truth!

Apparently, it's eShop only. English and JP language options. 29.99$

Looks like digital only again looking at the end of the trailer. I already have the first 2 games so I probably won't get this but it seems like a good deal minus the sprites.

WHAAAAAAAT?!

image.php

Holykael1

Banned
I'll buy it if it's physical. Otherwise it's pretty redundant for me.
Edit: Digital only eh.. fuck it. Cool for people who want to get into the series I guess.

Will buy.

A part of me wishes they'd remake it using 3D models like in AA5, but that's probably a lot of work for a series that doesn't sell a whole lot.

Jb

Very cool. I bought and finished 1 a few months ago and was recently looking for cheap used copies of 2.

bigkrev

Not surprised by Digital only- the fact we are getting this tells me that AA5 sold ok, but the fact that we once again are not getting a physical release tells me it didn't sell great.

FluxWaveZ

Aw man, there's no point in getting this if it's digital only. As a legacy bundle type deal, it makes more sense for THIS game to be physical than it did for Dual Destinies.

Probably not going to get it, then. It's unfortunate.

Sorry man, I can't go with you on that journey. If they made physical versions, they would've only made like 10k or something. There's no way they'd sell a ton.

Yeah, you're right. I said that mainly out of impulse, but it makes more sense for this to be digital. It just really sucks that these can only come here digitally now.

I might get it anyways.

Eh, digital only makes sense for this one, since it's just a port collection. I can't get mad about this one like AA5

Aw man, there's no point in getting this if it's digital only. As a legacy bundle type deal, it makes more sense for THIS game to be physical than it did for Dual Destinies.

Probably not going to get it, then. It's unfortunate.

Sorry man, I can't go with you on that journey. If they made physical versions, they would've only made like 10k or something. There's no way they'd sell a ton.

NotLiquid

I guess it's safe to say that this proves the financial viability of digital exclusive Ace Attorney games in the west. Dual Destinies must have been a hit, I hope the series is secured moving forward.

Played the Japanese release of this for a couple of hours o far. It's good fun and looks good, although I have 0 reference as this is my first experience with the series.

MrBadger

Capcom don't have enough faith in "the pinnacle of adventures games" to make this retail? I might pick this up, even though I've played through the original trilogy plenty of times and I'm really not a fan of the iOS artwork they used.

sjay1994

Is it done in the style of AA5?

or is it just spruced up versions of the older games?

Edit: Oh, its just spruced up versions.

Dangit Capcom why digital only? I guess I will just pick up the DS releases instead. I have yet to play the series and was looking forward to a collection like this, but not digital.

If it is eShop only it is a shame they can't offer an a-la-carte release for people who don't need the trilogy like:
Looks like digital only again looking at the end of the trailer. I already have the first 2 games so I probably won't get this but it seems like a good deal minus the sprites.
You've not played Trials and Tribulations? :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, just to be sure...at the end of the trailer, they showed Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts of Ace Attorney. Are these new?

Just remember that these have the nasty character sprites from the ios version

Although the missing animations are apparently back now.

Uglier than the DS originals and DD-only? Meeeeh. I might still bite though at a resonable price, just like I did with AA5.

jamsy

Nice for people who missed the original games but these games aren't something I'd play through again.

Tenki

If it's published by Capcom, it probably means that they won't be translated :( I seriously hope they use the Nintendo translation for the FIGS.

R.I.P

FUCK YES

Digital only again? Eh, gonna have to take it I guess if we want future AA games brought over.

Top Bottom