• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Quest Monsters game announced (not a remake, no platform mentionned)

L~A

It was announced during a recent Dragon Quest event in Japan (Summer Festival).

At the end of the tournament, Taichi Inuzuka, producer of the Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake and numerous other spin-off games of the series, announced that a new game is in production.

While there weren’t any details about the game or a title, Inuzuka said, “We’re working on a new Dragon Quest Monsters game, and its competitiveness will be as fun as always.”

l_53df167ec92a9jdq3o.jpg

Looks like the game will be revealed in the near future.

Source

mclem

Better bet your ass it's for 3DS.

Or maybe....
Mobile?
Is such a thing even possible?
Yes it is

I think those are the only two realistic options. My gut's saying mobile this time around - and it could be a reasonably good fit - but I wouldn't be *too* surprised if it was on 3DS again.

L~A

No platform mentioned is probably bad news.

Why? It was just a little tease at the end of the event, not a formal announcement.

Platform is either 3DS or mobile, but since there's already DQML on mobile (and it's being quite successful), I think it's more likely they'll just keep making new stuff for that one. I think 3DS is much more likely, to be honest. At the very least, I can see a Puzzle & Dragons Z scenario, with the game releasing on both platform, but the handheld version being more fleshed out (and not F2P).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well, the event had a DQM2 event, MasterGP, with people playing competitively with the 3DS game. So, yeah the "competitiveness" bit shouldn't be taken as a social game hint.

I suppose this is the first 3DS original entry. Mobile has DQM SuperLight, and it's doing great, while more traditional efforts have failed quite a bit, compared to results on 3DS, so...

wrowa

DQM Super Light is supposedly really successful, isn't it? Since it's rather recent and assumingly still making a decent amount of cash every day it might be a little early to follow up with a new DQM on smartphones. So, yeah, my bet's on another 3DS title.

3DS deserves a new entry after all these remakes have been selling pretty well (even though DQM2 was down over the previous entry, it's still good numbers).

*slips some more amnesia powder in Hours Left's drink*

I have to admit, surprised it took them so long to get a new entry on 3DS (provided it's on 3DS).
Fils-Aimé brand Amensia Powder? My favorite! :D

It has that tangy aftertaste of disappointment and despair.

Sendou

Why? It was just a little tease at the end of the event, not a formal announcement.

Platform is either 3DS or mobile, but since there's already DQML on mobile (and it's being quite successful), I think it's more likely they'll just keep making new stuff for that one. I think 3DS is much more likely, to be honest. At the very least, I can see a Puzzle & Dragons Z scenario, with the game releasing on both platform, but the handheld version being more fleshed out (and not F2P).

I certainly hope your optimism isn't misplaced.

DQM is dead in the US on 3DS, maybe if it's on mobile they'll give it a chance

then again, if it's on mobile it's likely f2p

argh

L~A

^

I think he finds your expecting Squeenix to localise the game a very a laughable matter. Can't say I disagree, though : /

I certainly hope your optimism isn't misplaced.

I wouldn't call that optimism, just looking at the facts. 3DS already has several games, all of them sold pretty well (almost 1m for the Dragon Quest Monsters 1 remake). Would make sense for them to make a new one for this platform.

ZeroX03

Banned
^

I think he finds your expecting Squeenix to localise the game a very a laughable matter. Can't say I disagree, though : /.

Where did I ever say I expect SE to localize the game? I said I'd buy it if they localized it.

-MB-

If S-E can release Chaos Rings games on Vita alongside mobile, they assuredly do the say for DQM on 3DS. Especially since that series does way more sales on a 3DS then Choas Rings would on Vita.

flowsnake

*slips some more amnesia powder in Hours Left's drink*

I have to admit, surprised it took them so long to get a new entry on 3DS (provided it's on 3DS).

The last one came out 6 months ago. Maybe we're at the point where that's a long time for this series though...

Oh, new as in not a remake I guess.

random25

If only SE is decent enough to localize a lot of their 3DS games I would be excited for this, even if it unsure what platform it will land on. But hopefully it's a 3DS game.

I know its gonna be on mobile and I do not care at this point. Hell I'll break my hate of mobile games if it means we in the West would get a chance to play it.

You guys, I'm telling you, that Amnesia Powder L~A is pushing is some good stuff. It makes all your problems float away~

*rubs nose furiously*

RalchAC

I'd say it's a 3ds game. They already have some mainline titles there and one F2P game that's doing quite well.

Releasing more games would be weird. Overlapping audiences and all that.

Probably a 3ds game.

L~A

This was actually teased in an interview months ago.

I'm gonna say Joker 3 for the 3DS.

But it's not getting localized so...

ibr88ibfuEWcPO.gif

Now that you mention it, I remember something along those lines. Guess a TGS reveal is a lock, or before in Jump magazine?

Weetrick

I loved the original as a kid, but I live in NA so I shouldn't get excited for this.
Especially if it's mobile only.

Top Bottom