• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CbGdlSj.png

Want to re-experience the fun from the other Diablo III threads?
Diablo III: |OT1| |OT2| |OT3| |OT4| |OT5|
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: |OT1| |OT2|

CcpFLhr.png

• Developer - Blizzard Entertainment (Game Director: Jay Wilson Josh Mosqueira)
  • Release Date -
    gUqQVJX.png
    08/19/14 -
    5Qwblle.gif
    08/21/14
  • Platform - Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Playstation 4, Xbox One...
  • Price - $40 for last gen, $60 for this gen
  • Genre - Loot oriented action RPG
  • Players - 4 players locally (splitscreen), Online via PSN and Xbox Live
Story
The Prime Evil rages within the Black Soulstone, its essence screaming for vengeance and release. Before the artifact can be sealed away forever, Malthael–Angel of Death–manifests in the mortal realms with a deadly new purpose: to steal the Black Soulstone and bend its infernal power to his will.

So begins the end of all things.

WP63slZ.png

If you prefer to watch a video of the new content instead of reading about it, click here!

Apprentice Mode
  • Apprentice Mode allows two characters at different levels to level up easily with each other. Using a side-kick type of system, the lower level character is temporarily boosted up to the higher level for that play session. Both characters get experience and gear according to their base level, as they level together. The lower level character gets a bit of an extra experience boost, to help them level up even faster.
Player Mail
  • Player Mail will be available, to let players send items to an ingame mailbox of other players on their friends list. It isn't explicitly stated, but it appears that Legendary items won't be bind-on-account to the same degree that they are now in the PC version of Diablo III.
Player Gift
  • When a Legendary drops for a player, there is a chance for an extra Player Gift to drop, specifically for someone on the friends list. It can be opened by any character on the friend's account, and the item will roll a Rare or Legendary appropriate to that character.
Nemesis System
  • A fun feature is the Nemesis system, which was previously called Avenger Kills in the previous developer discussion at BlizzCon 2013. If a monster kills your character, there is a chance that it can level up, turn into a different creature, gain new abilities and jump into a portal (and out of your game). Later on that same monster can show up with ominous music in your friend's game, with a name making it clear that it was the monster that killed your character. If the monster kills your friend's character, it gets even more powerful, and can go on to someone else on their friends list! If the monster is killed, there are Player Gifts that can be sent back to the character who it originally killed.
Improved Massacre Bonuses
  • Some parts of Diablo III haven't had a big impact so far, and are being boosted for this edition to give the game a more "arcadey" feel. Massacre bonuses are being boosted to give more experience and prominence in the display, and each new level reached of the Massacre bonus (10, 20, 30 monsters killed, etc.) provides a chance of dropping a Nephalem Glory globe. The Destruction bonus from destroying 5 or more pieces of furniture or barrels, now provides a little speed boost. Killing enemies with traps like chandeliers is being experimented with, to possibly provide a resource boost.
Improved Class-Specific Loot Assignation
  • One of the areas that was a little tedious on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions of Diablo III was dealing with loot in a local multiplayer game, where only one person could have their inventory open at once. To help with this further in the PS4 edition, loot in a local multiplayer game will automatically be assigned to a character who can use it. When it shows up on the ground, it's marked for Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, or Player 4. For example, if a Demon Hunter picks up an item with Strength, it will automatically go to the Barbarian in the group, since that's who it was really dropped for.
XVeg3jT.png

You might not be familiar with the content of the original Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Here is a list of the 'new' features that was added for the expansion pack:

Crusader Class
A new playable hero—a veritable war machine made human. A very detailed guide of this class can be found here! Make sure to read all of it!

Act V
A dark and terrifying chapter sending players on a final confrontation with death itself

Revamped Loot System
Enemies will drop loot that is crafted and balanced specifically for the class you're playing. On top of that, the stat-distribution for almost every equipment has been tuned. Blizzard tends to call this system "Loot 2.0"

Level Cap to 70
Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power

Expanded Paragon Progression System
Level up to infinity and beyond! Once you reach the level cap (70), keep killing those demons! You'll still be awarded with levels; levels that you'll be able to distribute on suitable parameters

Adventure Mode
A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything

Bounties
Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary

Nephalem Rifts
Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot

The Mystic
A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options

Players who fought the forces of evil in the original PS3™ or Xbox 360 versions of Diablo III will be able to continue their crusade against death. The following transfers are currently supported:
  • PS3 > Xbox One
  • Xbox 360 > PS4
  • PS3 > PS4
  • Xbox 360 > Xbox One
The goal of cross-brand/cross-generational transfers is to support players who may have switched brands when next-gen systems were released for PlayStation and Xbox, but don't want to leave their progress from original Diablo III behind when upgrading to the Ultimate Evil Edition.

As a follow up to that, following cross-platform transfers will not be supported:
  • Xbox 360 > PS3
  • PS3 > Xbox 360
  • PS4 > Xbox One
  • Xbox One > PS4
Click here for an in-depth guide regarding how to transfer your saves along with many other frequently asked questions.

VEM7oSQ.png

Infernal Pauldrons legendary shoulders
Wearable at level 1, these devilishly handsome shoulder plates provide bonuses to Vitality, Life per Second, and Cooldown Reduction, and are primed and ready for transmogrification. The key for the Infernal Pauldrons can be found in any launch day copy of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition.
- How to get: simply pre-order the game and once activated the code, the item should be waiting for you in your personal stash.

A special Nephalem Rift themed with characters from The Last of Us.
A special Transmog set to unlock six armor appearances inspired by the PS2 title, Shadow of the Colossus.
- How to get: pre-order the game on either PS3 or PS4 in order to get both of these bonuses.

HVJrDQj.png

x8iDAo2.png

vC3X6Z2.png

Official Community Site
Game Guide
DiabloFans - News, Community (Curse Network)
IncGamers - News, Community
/r/Diablo - News, Community
D3RMT - Website by NeoGAF's Svafnir. Has various useful tools + news.
Diablowiki.net - Wiki
Diablowiki.com - Wiki
DiabloProgress - Rankings
rQaM2hb.png

• molvetica - for giving me the opportunity to make this thread
  • CarbonatedFalcon - for his previous awesome dedication. The original (5) vanilla threads will always be remembered
  • Josh Mosqueira - for putting the game onto the right tracks
  • The entirety of the D3GAF-community - I wouldn't be making this if it wasn't for you

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes guys, this is my first "serious" OT that I've ever made. Be nice! Will this style be returning in the future? Perhaps (this approach was fun - using something other than mspaint was really fun)! But don't expect the Blizzcon 2014 thread to look this "clean" :p

edit: I did my best in order to make it a good (and effective) looking OT for both Black and White-themed GAF, along with Mobile GAF. Hope it works out for everybody!

lethial

Reeeeeeee
I played the demo of D3 and loved it but didn't realize RoS was an add-on. Is this the complete package for PS4?

outsida

Stopped playing the PC version a year ago... I'm jumping back in on the XB1. I really want to see how Diablo plays with a controller.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Impression for this game has been so positive that I am going to check out the Xbox One version but not at launch. But soon, when I get time.

Yoshichan

I played the demo of D3 and loved it but didn't realize RoS was an add-on. Is this the complete package for PS4?
Yes sir, including the future 2.1 patch that will change a lot of things in Sanctuary as well :)!

HowZatOZ

Banned
I have a billion hours on the PC version, and for some reason I want to get this version.

Does that make any sense at all?

Don't worry, I'm the same. I think its the split-screen that appeals to me the most. And probably my terrible addiction to loot.

Been holding off on RoS because of this one, so I'm definitely picking this up on day one for PS4. Could use some friends to play with if anyone wants to add me on PSN.

MadMike22089

ZangBa

I have a billion hours on the PC version, and for some reason I want to get this version.

Does that make any sense at all?

This will be a triple dip for me, so it makes sense to me. I just love playing the game with a controller, it's so much more comfortable.

mstevens

Definitely picking up the PS4 version... been looking forward to this for a long time. I haven't played since vanilla D3 on PC.

Matriox

DAY 1 DAY 1 DAY 1!!

Will be up to download at midnight... Pretty pumped, havn't touched diablo since it launched, bring on the new stuff!!

I'll be pre-ordering this digitally on PSN for PS4 (you get the Infernal Pauldrons and a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots.)

This will be the first game I pass up the disc version for...I'm slowly entering the digital age...lol

Yoshichan

Did they have to cut the framerate in half for the older consoles just for the expansion? OP mentions they struggle to maintain 30, but the previous port targeted 60.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off
Targeted, but was barely reached during the hectic moments - especially if you're playing local multiplayer. On top of that, Reaper of Souls is much more demanding than vanilla.

Buying the PS4/Xbox One version is a significant boost to performance and a definite upgrade.

Fuck, I'm sounding like a Blizzard PR-guy now :( Gotta go to the SC2 thread and hate now.

Jafku

Hello everyone. I played a little bit of the starter edition of Diablo III two years ago. Im picking this up so I need some more friends to play with me. On PS4 btw.

GAF: Jakfu
PSN: Jafku

fernoca

Awesome. Digital PS4 version preordered. First time playing this. Avoided playing the other console versions waiting for this one.
Any reason for the $20 difference in price between versions?
Original PS3/360 owners have no way to update other than buying this. So the game costs less because of that.

Top Bottom