• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Final Fantasy World Wide Words (iOS/Android)

duckroll

This should be the secret game they were going to feature at the TGS stage event along with G-Bike. The game will launch in Japan on Android on Sept 16, and on iOS at a later date. Yes, it's F2P.

It is the first Typing Battle RPG for FF! Words appear along with monsters, and you type to battle! The dictionary will be filled with FF terms and references, and you can also do word combos and so on. There will be leveling up and ability systems, etc. Lots of classic FF characters will show up too.

Please be excited.

Majine

Banned
Typing of the Final Fantasy? I'm only interested if the characters have keyboards strapped to their bodies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
ff www

I like how the abbreviation is appropriate.

Another mobile game ?

sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

Xpliskin

This was to be revelaed as a secret game at TGS ?

God I think they're doing this on purpose just to expose people to something that otherwise very few would have any interest in.

Basically it's "The Typing of FF"

Platy

A typing game for CELLPHONE ???

I HATE that keyboard =|

Will buy 3 copies if they release on steam, but fuck cellphone keyboards

Aru

Eh. More interested in that other FF mobile game where you replay major events/battles from all the series.

It's amusing to see all these spin-offs. A while ago, we had fan games like a FFX puzzle game and I never thought we could actually see "official" games like that.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Can't be worse than ATB lol. Typing of the Final Fantasy could be fun. I hope record keeper gets released too.

Goli

I'm guessing the typing part will be like the one in Miku Flick? If that's the case then it actually seems more... playable? Since the Japanese keyboard has a lot less keys on mobiles and the other kana can be accessed by flicking on a set direction when on the corresponding key.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
more recycling of those sprites?

will try

They got the original sprite maker back. Got to make that worthwhile.

Now they need to feature the gane makers as playable with sentences like HD towns are hard, Please be excited and Lightning is like a rose.

jiggle

They should've called it Final Fantasy Type 1 lol

They got the original sprite maker back. Got to make that worthwhile.

Now they need to feature the gane makers as playable with sentences like HD towns are hard, Please be excited and Lightning is like a rose.
i can't wait to type out our love for the ethereal lightning on screen

Fady K

YES! Can't wait to see more details. And here I was wondering when Square-Enix will give us a title to get excited about for a change.

Top Bottom