• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/specs/

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

hbykmxu.png

Difference between 4.7 and 5.5 Models of iPhone 6: iPhone 6+ 5.5 inch screen model seems to have a 30% better battery life than iPhone 6 4.7 inch screen

Screen size: obvious
6+ : 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi
vs
6: 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi

6+ : 1300:1 contrast ratio (typical)
6: 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)

6+: Optical image stabilization
6: N/A

6+ : 24 hours talk time on 3G
6: 14 hours of talk time on 3G

6+ : Standby time is 16 days
6: Standby time is 10 days

6+ : Intrenet Use Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 12 hours on LTE, up to 12 hours on Wi-Fi
6 : Internet Use Up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 11 hours on Wi-Fi

6+ : Video playback Up to 14 hours
6: Video Playback Up to 11 hours

6+ Audio Playback Up to 80 hours
6: Audio Playback Up to 50 hours

Releases September 19th, Pre-Orders from September the 12th. Jesus phone is finally here. Praise be to our lord and saviour Jobs Cook

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
WTF, I just bought an iPhone yesterday and they come out with something new? This is such bullshit.

i posted this is in the announcement thread:

Difference between 4.7 and 5.5 Models of iPhone 6: iPhone 6+ 5.5 inch screen model seems to have a 30% better battery life than iPhone 6 4.7 inch screen

Screen size: obvious
6+ : 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi
vs
6: 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi

6+ : 1300:1 contrast ratio (typical)
6: 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)

6+: Optical image stabilization
6: N/A

6+ : 24 hours talk time on 3G
6: 14 hours of talk time on 3G

6+ : Standby time is 16 days
6: Standby time is 10 days

6+ : Intrenet Use Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 12 hours on LTE, up to 12 hours on Wi-Fi
6 : Internet Use Up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 11 hours on Wi-Fi

6+ : Video playback Up to 14 hours
6: Video Playback Up to 11 hours

6+ Audio Playback Up to 80 hours
6: Audio Playback Up to 50 hours

Mononoke

Banned
I'm really torn now. I really wanted the 5.5 model. But now that I know it's bigger than the Note 4 (which is already a massive phone), and the screen isn't as big as Note 4, it kind of makes me think I'll just stick with the 4.7. It just sucks that the iPhone 6 + has better battery and some other features designed around the bigger screen.

Going back and forth on this now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
WTF, I just bought an iPhone yesterday and they come out with something new? This is such bullshit.

assuming this is sarcasm. still, a perfect first post.

pissed that the 6 Plus is CLEARLY the better phone and not wanting a 5.5" phone AT ALL!!!!!!

resolution isn't a big deal.. OIS sucks but the battery difference is sever. fuck.

oh well.. I have three days to figure it out.

xbhaskarx

I'll probably go for the white 5.5" 128GB version...

They're releasing new phones far too frequently, they should only do so once every five years.

Zee-Row

Banned
The storage space is still pathetic , whats the use of filming high resolution videos if 2 hours worth is gonna take up the entire phone?

Kurdel

Banned
Will definitely be buying one. I am tempted by the huge ass model, will probably wait to hold it myself before ordering.

1GB RAM sucks ball sacks. If only I wasn't on Sprint and didn't have a piss poor choice of phones. Really want that Xperia Z3. :/

The gold 6+ looks damn sexy though.

Scarphace

I wanted the 6 before the event but now I'm leaning towards the 6 plus after the event. What are you guys getting 6 or 6 plus?

overcast

Why does the bigger one have to be so much better :[

Have an upgrade soon, I'll see how much a 6 is compared to 5S.

ZeroX03

Banned
My only complaint about the 6 Plus is lack of a fifth row of icons. Too spaced out for my tastes (oh boy iPads).

Otherwise yeah I'm jumping in.

Cookie18

So going off the Apple store they don't specify that the non contract model is Sim-Free and I can only get the one with the T-Mobile Sim. This isn't going to be unlocked for use in England is it? If not then I'm screwed :(

Squalor

Gimped iPhone 6.

Super Bezeld iPhone 6 Plus.

Apple, really?

And it doesn't help that they don't start at 32 GB.

Mononoke

Banned
So pre-orders are this Friday. As someone that hasn't done this before, how does it work? So I'm with Sprint. Do I like have to log in with my Sprint account, and select the line I want to upgrade when doing the pre-order? Or do you just get your pre-order in, and sort it out after the fact?

Also do they charge you that night?

Why on earth does it go 16GB -> 64GB -> 128GB?

How does 16GB make sense for a product like this? 32GB is far more logical an initial step

Top Bottom