• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria will launch in NA/EU by Summer 2015

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fastest Tales localization ever:

Tales of Zestiria will launch for PlayStation 3 in North America and Europe by summer 2015, a new IGN preview reveals.

According to the video, Bandai Namco told the site the game, which is launching in Japan on January 22, will be out in North America and Europe within six months of its Japanese release—the fastest localization for a new Tales game in recent years.

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tales-zestiria-will-launch-north-america-europe-summer-2015

zeromcd73

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...stirias-all-new-take-on-a-classic-jrpg-series
Oh, and I asked Hideo Baba if, inspired by Persona 5’s recent jump from PS3 to PS4, he was considering a similar move. He noted that while the western market for Tales is important, Japan is still its most important territory, and Japanese fans have no issues playing it on PS3. With that said, he admitted that he was surprised how quickly western audiences have taken to next-gen hardware, and that they may have to reconsider their approach in the future. Does that mean that there will one day be a PS4 iteration of Tales of Zestiria? Not necessarily, but it does mean that it’s on the series’ producer’s mind.
PS4 possibility hype!

Toki767

Nice.

Though I'm just glad we don't have to wait a few months after the game is out to know that it is being localized to begin with. That probably has a bit to do with the fast localization.

Rymuth

Thank goodness. After Xillia 2's lukewarm sales, some questioned the continued localization of the series.

Imouto

Banned
2015 is shaping up nicely.

I remember they said something about dual voice option. Do they still consider that?

Nanashrew

Banned
But what about those special bonuses? Isn't there a 7-eleven costume and mystic arte? I better get that, and that costume better be a giant slurpee.

For the success of the western push Namco is trying to make with tales, I hope that they release a ps4 version. I just don't see a ps3 exclusive doing very well in 2015.

They should take some hints from Western ToX 2 and cross gen multiplat sales, save for casual titles like Fifa, CoD and Lego all have done better on current gen.

zeromcd73

The thing is, the Tales of fanbase is on PlayStation, not necessarily just PS3.
Indeed, it doesn't make sense Baba saying it's not on PS4 because the fanbase is on PS3. How does he expect to build a fanbase without releasing a game on it? And it's the perfect opportunity since multiplat releases are still the norm in 2015.

Tapejara

Wasn't expecting this so soon. I should really get around to finishing Xillia before I buy another Tales game though.

Nanashrew

Banned

For a long time it was on both Nintendo and Sony. I still think they could have made a killing with Tales of Hearts on the DS during the height of its popularity. Their only target is Japan and they could care less about the western world. Say one game does great on a Nintendo platform in the western world but the Japanese version under performs. It mostly sticks to Sony either way because they only care about that one single segment.

Honestly it has gotten annoying. They also need to start expanding their localization team instead of handing their Tales games to their D-team.

LOCK

I'm a huge Tales fan, but will only play this on PS4. I've put the PS3 away, and nothing I foresee will change that.

So yeah, port to PS4, quick, fast, and in a hurry.

My PS3 will be ready!

Faster than I expected, great news!

Also, it was kind of good hearing Baba mention his surprise at the same thing we were talking about in the previous threads when Xillia 2's sales came out, even if it's not that important to them since they mainly and rightly care mostly about those Japanese sales.

Indeed, it doesn't make sense Baba saying it's not on PS4 because the fanbase is on PS3. How does he expect to build a fanbase without releasing a game on it? And it's the perfect opportunity since multiplat releases are still the norm in 2015.

Agreed, they extend the catch-22 period longer than it needs to be, even cross-gen would help get it started, which was a really nice surprise by Atlus with P5 this time compared to P4.

I'm just adding into the plea for a PS4 version. Mostly because I am kind of worried they've botched the performance during battles on PS3 and want the extra power of PS4 to make it nice and simple for them to fix that.

Soriku

The main Tales fanbase is on consoles, and right now it's on PS3. The PS4 has lukewarm sales in Japan now; the fanbase hasn't moved yet.

The Tales fanbase seems to build first with other games. Look at how much Vesperia PS3 sold by the time it came out. The fanbase was going to move to PS3 eventually without much hesitation. But right now the Tales fanbase hasn't moved to PS4 yet and are fine with playing Zestiria on PS3 as Baba says, so Namco is complacent as well.

I'm just adding into the plea for a PS4 version. Mostly because I am kind of worried they've botched the performance during battles on PS3 and want the extra power of PS4 to make it nice and simple for them to fix that.

The performance seems fine going by the gameplay demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CX0sNsqHHU

shuraiya

There are simply too many RPGs coming out in the first half of 2015--at least for me; there are about 4 or 5 that instantly come to mind.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nice, reminds me of Symphonia's early Summer release.

The performance seems fine going by the gameplay demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CX0sNsqHHU

That does look like a definitive upgrade from the first few battle gameplay glimpses (starting like a month ago), but it doesn't look 60fps. I know the video source is 30, and I don't want to sound like one of the "60fps or nothing" people here on the internet, but the video does not feel like the video game source is 60fps.

Anyways, I'd be glad if it is 60 on PS3, but I kind of doubt it considering we haven't gotten any confirmation on any frame rate for the game as far as I know, and I assume since it has the fancy transition that they'll stick to the usual world exploration frame rate of 30fps.

But if I'm wrong, I'd still want PS4 version for reduced pop-in/antisotropic filtering/sharper textures/a game to play on PS4 etc.

Edit: Thanks for pointing out that video! The game does look cool regardless of what some people on GAF have said about it being "generic looking".

Glass Rebel

I have no interest in Tales anymore after playing Xillia but I have to say, Bamco deserves some praise for the complete 180 they have done with this franchise in the West.

Top Bottom