• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV demo coming March 20th 2015

Loudninja

Your eyes do not deceive you! On 20th March 2015 we will be releasing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD on PS4 and every copy of the game will come with a download code for a special demo of Final Fantasy XV called Final Fantasy XV – Episode Duscae.
Final Fantasy XV – Episode Duscae takes place near the beginning of Final Fantasy XV – but certain elements will be different from the final game. This is a special demo and we want you to get hands on with a unique first-play experience that will be able to give you a better feeling for the game as a whole. While we don’t want to give too much of the final game away in Episode Duscae we do want you to have a much better understanding of Final Fantasy XV by the end of it.

Episode Duscae is set near the beginning of Final Fantasy XV so you don’t have to worry about any major plot spoilers and you’ll be able to explore a certain part of the world and experience the new battle system.
We really hope you’re excited about Final Fantasy XV – Episode Duscae and we can’t wait for you to let us know what you think about it when it is released on 20th March 2015.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ming-soon-ps4/?emcid=social_20140918_31845206

Hajime Tabata and his team are a bunch of really talented people and Final Fantasy XV is in good hands for the rest of its development but even if you don’t want to believe me, you can find out for yourself on 20th March 2015 when you can play Final Fantasy XV for yourself along with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ff-type-0-hd-coming-march-special-surprise

StuBurns

Banned
I'm buying Type-0 regardless, but I do wonder if it's even worth playing this, or if it'd be better to wait for the real thing.

I've waited a very long time already, another year won't hurt.

That doesn't really confirm the date for the demo. The download code could be one of those redeemable at a later date deals.

"We really hope you’re excited about Final Fantasy XV – Episode Duscae and we can’t wait for you to let us know what you think about it when it is released on 20th March 2015."

UrbanRats

I don't give two shits about Type-0.
I guess i'm gonna have to buy a 60€ demo...

I mean i did buy Zoe for the MGS2 demo, and ended up enjoying the game anyway, so you never know.

Loudninja

FryHole

That doesn't really confirm the date for the demo. The download code could be one of those redeemable at a later date deals.

Not much wiggle room in this part of the article.

We really hope you’re excited about Final Fantasy XV – Episode Duscae and we can’t wait for you to let us know what you think about it when it is released on 20th March 2015.

edit: thoroughly ninja'd

Your eyes do not deceive you! On 20th March 2015 we will be releasing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD on PS4 and every copy of the game will come with a download code for a special demo of Final Fantasy XV called Final Fantasy XV – Episode Duscae.

This does not confirm the demo to be releasing on the same day. Only that the game will come with a code to download the demo.

Vitanimus

Still pretty apprehensive about the wording. Just sounds like they're saying Type-0 HD releases 20th March... please be excited. Also there's a demo.

Edit; welp

Randam

"We really hope you’re excited about Final Fantasy XV – Episode Duscae and we can’t wait for you to let us know what you think about it when it is released on 20th March 2015."
Source?
Edit: ok, now it's in the op too.
And I am pretty certain, that the full game won't be released in 2015.

This does not confirm the demo to be releasing on the same day. Only that the game will come with a code to download the demo.
From the link in the OP. This is why we have links in the OPs, people--

Ugh. I don't wanna buy a port of a cell phone game to get this.

Type-0 is a PSP game;
One of the best PSP games.

People should have a more open mind about this.
Type-0 is fucking awesome, IMO.
Getting the XV demo is like extra buttercream icing on a delicious, delicious cake.

KoopaTheCasual

All the people in the other thread saying demo late 2015 or 2016 have a looooot of egg on their faces.

So hyped. FFXV Holiday 2015 for Japan is seeming like a very very likely possibility now.

Loudninja

Cautiously optimistic, but I'm not sure if that's just the PSBlog editorialising based on the assumption that the demo will be day and date with Type-0.

Basically I'm waiting on SE confirming the date of the demo on its own before I fully believe it.
Hajime Tabata and his team are a bunch of really talented people and Final Fantasy XV is in good hands for the rest of its development but even if you don’t want to believe me, you can find out for yourself on 20th March 2015 when you can play Final Fantasy XV for yourself along with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ff-type-0-hd-coming-march-special-surprise

Top Bottom