• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan announced

AW9QFT4.png

http://www.swtor.com/shadow-of-revan?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-hp-156

TRAILER

Release Date: December 9th

Price: $19.99

In the midst of the ongoing war between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, a long-hidden sect of extremists has emerged, led by the enigmatic former hero of the Jedi Civil War - Revan. These “Revanites” are mustering an army with an apocalyptic plan that will leave the Republic and the Empire in ashes.

Expansion Content:

• New Planets: Rishi and Yavin 4
  • New Level Cap: 60
  • Two New Tactical Flashpoints
  • Four Hard Mode Flashpoints
  • Two New Operations
  • New System: Disciplines (Blog post explaining the system)

HWObygv.png

Also if you preorder the expansion before November 2nd and subscribe to the game, you will get a 12x XP class mission bonus. This will let you level from 1-55 by only doing story missions. This way you can experience each class story without having to do a single side mission on any planet. This boost will last until December 1st, a day before the Shadow of Revan early access period begins on December 2nd.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
FUCK, i misread the thread title and thought a new KOTOR game is coming.

Damn, that hurts.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why is he evil again? Wasn't he good in ToR before this? How is he even still alive?

Really enjoy SWTOR to this day - Yes i get it, it is not KOTOR 3 but this is as close as i am getting to it and the overall main story arcs for the KOTOR era are going in a better direction now for sure.

Also - watch the trailer. You can see that the in-game cutscenes have greatly improved if you have not played in a while..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga46ILw7iaY

Is this the best they can do with Revan now? Make him a 'hurr durr kill everyone' villain? What a disappointment.

So I guess Revan being evil is the canon ending to KOTOR now?

i swear i already fought revan before in SWTOR when i played it...

So revan is a villain again? FUCK YOU BIOWARE

Why is he evil again? Wasn't he good in ToR before this? How is he even still alive?

While the reasons behind Revan's decision to turn dark side after you defeat him the first time in SWTOR is unclear and will obviously be explained in the current expansion, there has been a lot of story added to the game since the first expansion in the form of the "Forged Alliances" story arc that leads into this expansion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have they still not introduced any new class?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
<scratches head>

But... I remember saving Raven in the Jedi Knight questline? Or...something?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
have they still not introduced any new class?

It is extremely unlikely they ever will, due to how much work it would require for the VO on story missions from 1-50. They kind of fucked themselves over on that front.

<scratches head>

But... I remember saving Raven in the Jedi Knight questline? Or...something?

You did in the Maelstrom Prison flashpoint... You should really play the Empire equivalent which is The Foundry flashpoint as it will complete that story.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FUCK, i misread the thread title and thought a new KOTOR game is coming.

Damn, that hurts.

It is! It's just like KOTOR 7 or something by this point! It's exactly the same! Wait, why is everybody leaving? Where are you going? Do they have KOTOR 8-11 over there?

gazele

Banned
Haven't played this since launch, should probably check it out

I wonder how many people are still playing this

Hmm... its been a long ass time since I've played this.

You can youtube the flashpoint tbh - it isn't that engaging till the last fight. But after you see it the most obvious thing to point out:

- Revan does not have a body to loot after you defeat him, he simply disappears with a bolt of lightning - he has disappeared.

That is what fuelled speculation that
he was possibly alive and coming back sooner or later

Syf

Banned
If you haven't tried the game for a while, it's worth another look. I quit shortly after launch but these days I think it's one of the best MMOs around. This expansion looks to be really nice too. I am curious about where they're going to take Revan's story though.

aett

They probably shouldn't have waited this long to cash in on the good will of the original KOTOR.

If you're referring to Reven being involved, he's been part of the game's story since launch. There's a questline about a cult built around his teachings early on (in the Imperial side) and there are a couple of Flashpoints midway through the leveling process that are all about him.

Wallach

Siiiiigh.....

Why do you have to go and fuck with the best EU character Bioware?

WHY?

I did the same thing dammit.

Fucking Bioware.

To be fair, some of the stories and characters even in launch SWTOR were better than pretty much all of BioWare's single player RPGs in a very long time. So they may actually do something interesting with the character. I'd be more inclined to see them doing something with Revan than BioWare "proper", anyway.

Nethaniah

Another expansion to rape the lore even more, still amazed that this seems to do good for them, the F2P "rules" if you may suck ass so you're forced to spend money if you actually want to enjoy this game.

Is this game still popular? I remember playing it at launch but I haven't touched it since about two months after release.

Dysun

post-37726-0-68203100-1409245487.gif

Revan was the only thing they could do to get me to give them any more cash. Ahh, will I have to buy the Hutt Cartel expansion also?

Revan

Revan

Revan is my favorite character too :(

I'll do have a bias I will admit - but the keep changing his story so much pretty soon "Revan" will be literally nothing more then your average everyday redeemed LD/DS character - they are slowly removing the clout that made him so bloody interesting in the first place.

Fucking Bioware.

Never played it. Is the F2P model really as bad as everyone says?
It has some rough spots but nothing that will keep you from just seeing the class stories if you want. It can handicap you a little if you do endgame stuff as Preferred status is a more viable option if you want to get into the game.

You really don't need to be a genius to see that there's a lot of goodwill wrapped up in KOTOR 3, as long as it's good. Just give it to Obsidian and pretend that this never happened.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'll do have a bias I will admit - but the keep changing his story so much pretty soon "Revan" will be literally nothing more then your average everyday redeemed LD/DS character - they are slowly removing the clout that made him so bloody interesting in the first place.

Fucking Bioware.

46763d1376037914t-55556666.png

Never played it. Is the F2P model really as bad as everyone says?

Its the most horrible F2P model ever implemented in a MMO. And that's saying a lot

Top Bottom