• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nordic Games branded physical copies of Darksiders 2 Wii U now available in NA

Edit: High-res box:

81ymklalZ0L.jpg

As seen in the Watch_Dogs Wii U thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=139402906#post139402906

So it finally happened! I remember the Nordic copies being out in EU and also in NA on the eShop I believe, but I didn't think the physical copies would show up in NA. I remember seeing a CD Universe listing (that's a US site I think), but thought it was an error.

So, anyone with both the THQ and the Nordic copy find any changes?

Edit: THQ box front and back:

Doubtful since they didn't even update the ESRB logo with the new one ("MATURE" text is now black font on white background, see the WD cover)

o_O Wow, I hadn't noticed, the hell?

Might be fixed in Canada where they need to use the bilingual version?

Edit: Found an ebay pic of the MX vs ATV Supercross game they just put out, same thing! o_O

Must not be very in with the times there.

To be fair... Nordic are VERY new to NA, they've never published in NA before IIRC, only in EU. Still not a good excuse though, but it's an excuse. :p

Yeah, this is a little odd.

EDIT - I guess it is possible they sold out the original launch shipment and they are hoping for a good winter for the Wii U. But still, how many higher profile games don't get reprints like this?

Is it budget priced? A good chunk of retailers you don't usually think of for video games have budget racks. Other than that I'm not sure how many retailers would order a launch Wii U game.

nope. how could it. THQ, Vigil were in the process of dying when this came out. If I'm not mistaken, DS2 on Wii U was the last game THQ published before closing its doors.

Nope, they at least released Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune on Wii U (both by Pipeworks) in early 2013.

Not sure what else though. :p

Sify64

Is the Wii U version of Darksiders 2 selling a lot or something?
Otherwise, I don't understand the point of this reprint.

Top Bottom