• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 1 million PS4 sold in France

RiUynfd.png

Congrats, PlayStation!

EU PS4 Rankings:
1. UK - 1.5 Million
2. Germany - 1.2 Million
3. France - 1 Million

Currently:

France
PS4: 1.000.000
Wii U: 490.000
XBO: 300.000 - 326.000

pLow7

Do we need a thread for every achievment of this small and unimportant market ?

edit: That backfired hugely, i'm sorry. It was sarcasm.

Holy shit, the UK, France and Germany are going to be very important regions this generation it would seem. That's over 3 million PS4s between them, which is probably ~20% of the worldwide total so far.

Cornbread78

Alright sale-age GAF, do your work. Where is the sales graph of PS3 vs. PS4 sales in FR? Total sales for 1 year and what at the total sold number for PS3 in FR?

Moobabe

Holy shit, the UK, France and Germany are going to be very important regions this generation it would seem. That's over 3 million PS4s between them, which is probably ~20% of the worldwide total so far.

Aren't even places like Spain and Italy contributing decent numbers?

So that's one million as december 17th to be exact, and that's almost two months after Germany (october 21th). Which is impressive for Germany because Philippe Cardon (SCE France) says the demand for PS4 is stronger than for the PS2 back at the time. I don't know what happened in Germany but it became the second biggest european market for PlayStation, France now being the third one.

pLow7

Yeah, it was sarcasm. Intended at that guy in the "Germany Thread" saying, Microsoft only focus on US/UK because they're the most important markets and are about 90%.

Aaaaaand i live in Germany. So much about knowing Europe.

Yeah, it was sarcasm. Intended at that guy in the German Thread saying, Microsoft only focus on US/UK because they're the most important markets and are about 90%.

Your sarcasm fu needs training

Do we need a thread for every achievment of this small and unimportant market ?

Thread whining?

The update is appreciated, especially the way some of us scrap for legit sales numbers and often times depend on insiders for the info. Besides, it's great news.

Edit:

Sorry. Just read it was sarcasm. Carry on :)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, it was sarcasm. Intended at that guy in the "Germany Thread" saying, Microsoft only focus on US/UK because they're the most important markets and are about 90%.

To be fair, MS do only focus on the US and UK because they are the most important markets: for them.

That's their home territory and where they sell the most, so they would double down on those places

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That 1.2 units sold in Germany has been disputed by GfK. At least that they were originators of the numbers.
It might still be true, but at the moment anything past 1 million units sold is speculation.

Top Bottom