• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blood + One Night Kiss (Grasshoper w/ Suda 51 for PS2)

Grasshopper (Killer 7) plant Blood + One Night Kiss

26.04.06 - Grasshopper (Killer 7 PS2/GC) arbeitet an Blood + One Night Kiss, das Bandai Namco Games im Sommer 2006 in Japan ausliefern wird. Das geht aus der Famitsu hervor.

Das Genre ist noch unklar. An der Entwicklung ist Koichi Suda beteiligt, der Fertigungsstand liegt bei 70 Prozent. Die Grafik soll ein bischen an Killer 7 erinnern, es kommt aber eine andere Engine zum Einsatz.

Gamefront.de

Announced in Famitsu, published by Bandai Namco and will be released this summer. Genre unknown, finished to 70%. Visuals are similar to Killer 7, but they use a new engine.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Holy crap, Suda and his 20 person team are machines these days.

Similiar to Killer7? Sounds like a purchase to me.

Where do they have the tiem for all these games is beyond me, haha - I can't complain though, he is fantastic from a design perspective, and he is trying really hard to make a name for himself.

Around here, at least, he seems to be succeding.

Edit:

<--- stupid

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I bought Killer 7 for 5 bucks yesterday at first I didn't like it one bit, but I gave it another chance and I'm starting to like. Love thes style.

I like the names of Suda 51's games. Killer 7... Blood + One Night Kiss... Kurayami...

This guy not only knows how to make great, different looking games, he also knows how to give them proper names.

7Th

Matix said:
They did pretty damn good with Samurai Champloo, so expect good things from this.

Champloo was excellent, their only mistake was not going for a cel-shaded look in the style of Killer 7.

Yoboman

John Harker said:
Holy crap, Suda and his 20 person team are machines these days.

Similiar to Killer7? Sounds like a purchase to me.

Where do they have the tiem for all these games is beyond me, haha - I can't complain though, he is fantastic from a design perspective, and he is trying really hard to make a name for himself.

Around here, at least, he seems to be succeding.

Edit:

Didn't notice the platform, I just assumed PS2.

I wonder if this is another one of those "Grasshopper develops it for GC, Publisher decides it needs to be on PS2 and whores out the port development to another studio" a-la Killer7.

Well, if that is the case, GC version should be superior then. It's just funny, we heard about Killer7 a few YEARS before it was released, and this game is coming out in a few months, with nary a peep?
Where does it say it's coming to Gamecube?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oh wow, I never watched the anime, but the OST was awesome. I wonder if it'll come here with the anime only being out in Japan.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
holy shit killer7 am fuck awesome.

best 5 bucks I spent in years! wow wow. gimme grasshopper next-gen game now plz.

Guns N' Poops said:
Gamefront.de

Announced in Famitsu, published by Bandai Namco and will be released this summer. Genre unknown, finished to 70%. Visuals are similar to Killer 7, but they use a new engine.

PS2 only! WTH, didn't their analysts inform them that the game preformed better on the GC? or maybe it'll be a Japan only release, in which that would make too much sense.

VultureDude said:
PS2 only! WTH, didn't their analysts inform them that the game preformed better on the GC? or maybe it'll be a Japan only release, in which that would make too much sense.

That's was likely Capcoms analyst since they published K7, this is being published by NAMCO.

jett

D-Member
VultureDude said:

Yeh...Killer 7 sold like 7 units on the GC, versus the 5 sold on PS2. AWESOME PERFORMANCE TOTAL.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I really wish people would actually buy grasshopper's games though. It's just depressing :( I hope atlus buys some advertisement when they bring Contact to the US. Did Killer7 get any advertising?

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
The anime is not that bad, actually it toke off being mediocre, but now it's becoming more interesting.

The game sounds nice. Being similar to Killer 7 is enough.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
I really wish people would actually buy grasshopper's games though. It's just depressing :( I hope atlus buys some advertisement when they bring Contact to the US. Did Killer7 get any advertising?

I don't know about in mags, but i definitely didn't see any TV ads.

How does Grasshopper keep ending up with these anime->game projects? I'm more interested in seeing their next original projects...

Uncle Dukey said:
How does Grasshopper keep ending up with these anime->game projects? I'm more interested in seeing their next original projects...
They pays the bills. It's the same as with Treasure.

Killer7 wasn't exactly the most fun I've had actually playing a game, but everything else about it was pretty okay by me. I have the feeling that most of Grasshopper's games will end up the same way, but they still manage to get me more excited than a lot of developers these days.

Top Bottom