• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Star Wars: Battlefront will recieve a Battlefield-sized marketing push

Just polish the hell out of it and make BF4's rocky beginnings seem a distant memory and this thing should chart really damn well.
Jorgensen confirmed that the shooter is due to launch before Christmas 2015. More specifically, the game aims to be "aligned with" Star Wars Episode VII -- The Force Awakens, which arrives on December 18, he said.
About the game in general, Jorgensen said DICE will share more about the project in the coming months. He went on to say that Battlefront's launch this year will be a "very large activity" for EA overall, on level with the company's blockbuster Battlefield series.

"We're extremely excited about that," Jorgensen said about Battlefront. "We think there's huge potential for that title. More to come in the next couple of months on that as more about the movie comes out as well as more about our title comes out. You should consider that a very large activity for us [this year] and a very large focus--similar to how we've thought about Battlefields in the past."
Gamespot

tumblr_mgnh59AX6y1rlapeio1_500.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So is this game going to incorporate stuff from Episode 7, or is it all Original Trilogy stuff, or do we even know?

The game's going to come out near Star Wars 7 and piggyback on its hype? SHOCKING NEWS! No one could have saw this coming. Waiting for the Episode 7 expansion preorder bonus.

I want to be there day 1 but I will wait to see if this game will end up a patch fest like BF4. The studio makes great games whenever you can get them to work. Delay it until 2016 if you must.

Tengrave

I wonder if this will be a big E3 reveal or a separate event. We still have yet to see anything substantial. I wonder how 3rd person will look and feel now.

I'm fine with them trying to pitch this to the Battlefield crowd. But if it comes out and feels like a Battlefield product I'll be disappointed.

Investors hoping for some of that Episode VII pie. I hope they keep a healthy distance between the game and the movie. I know Abrams was hurt by the Star Trek game and felt like it soured the movie.

Eggbok

Aligning the game with the movies release feeds the idea that Visceral was given 1313 and they're saving that for the Boba Fett standalone movie.

One can dream right?

I wonder how they will handle the different eras? Will it be like the first two games and you get all factions on all maps (baring a handful) and it is a server-side setting or will it be like Battlefield where it depends completely on the map?

Should've put Shocking News in the title, Shinobi. It's the flagship Star Wars game in the year the film releases after all.

Fake-edit: Damn you, Lords of Castamere.

Don't get all the issues people have with having a Battlefront game with Battlefield stylings. Battlefront were good games, but I don't recall the third person or overall gameplay to be that fantastic or better than Battlefield...

Then again, I'm just hoping for the game to be fully functional.
I wonder how they will handle the different eras? Will it be like the first two games and you get all factions on all maps (baring a handful) and it is a server-side setting or will it be like Battlefield where it depends completely on the map?

Probably map dependent.

Absolutely no faith in DICE after their last shit show, they released a half arsed game. It sound even worse then, these boys are gonna release this game no matter near the movies release simply because they know the movie advertising and the huge EA push will create huge buzz for the game. It's going to sell well at launch no matter what but that does not mean much to me when I'm sitting there on the couch with a broken game in front of me.

It's not like Battfield 4 was fixed in a week.

If this is a solid launch without the huge problems that generally plague these games (lol) and it actually feels like Star Wars/Battlefront, and launches near The Force Awakens with characters and settings from the movie, then holy shit.

But all of that would be too obvious to actually do.

Kayant

I just hope they do the "third person component" well and is an actual focus not some stupid game type or side project thing. Still pissed will the push of it being an FPS.

Was the one TPS I was looking forward to for ages. We need more TPSs in the world.

Good to hear it will be pushed hard.

It will have a 3rd person mode, btw

http://www.****************/articles/54390/20141118/star-wars-battlefront.htm

The website also noted that adjustable perspective can give players a power of choice. Reportedly, many players prefer "the more personal, character-inclusive third-person, or the more visceral, engrossing qualities of first-person. Star Wars: Battlefront has always included both, and it owes a chunk of its popularity to that versatility."

Top Bottom