• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Fast and Furious’ Writer Chris Morgan Teases Han Seoul-Oh’s Possible Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Might as fucking well. I'm still of a mind that the Langoliers (re: tarmac) ate her ass up, but who fucking knows at this point?

Fuck it, just bring everybody back. I miss my homeboys from the bank robbery in Brazil! *guns cock all around*
And that cop side piece Dom had, too. Bring her sexy ass back, shit.

I mean, Shaw survived being thrown from that plane and hitting the wing on the way out

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I love how it's universally accepted that the F&F franchise is so absurd that bringing back a dead character with no reasonable explanation is totally a thing that everyone can get behind with few to no qualms.

jman2050

They're all basically superheroes at this point, bringing back a character who was definitively dead back to life is just par for the course.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I would welcome him returning during the mission planning scene without any acknowledgment that he ever died. Who cares, shit's too ridiculous as it is and I love it for it.

Guys I have a leaked production shot of Han's escape from death.

aak6lVo.png

flkraven

Fast and the Furious is basically just Dragon Ball Z now. I wouldn't be surprised if Han has spent the last few movies practicing his drifts on King Kai's planet, while Ludacris finds the dragon balls so he can wish him back in the third act. Toretto will spend most of the 2nd act charging up.

norm9

I believe the problem is the very last shot right before it explodes a few seconds later is him suspended upside down. There would have been no conceivable way to escape that explosion in time.

What you didn't realize is that the roll cage that was in his drift car was also equipped to sustain blasts.

Or long lost twin brother.

Or just have Kurt Russell reintroduce him again, but this time, he has a cool scar.

Bring back Tego Calderon and Don Omar

They were in 7 in the safe house in the Caribbean.

Kinyou

I could also see it happen to lessen Jason Statham's baggage. Hard to have him on the team if he's Han's killer.

Cagey

Banned
Fast and the Furious is basically just Dragon Ball Z now. I wouldn't be surprised if Han has spent the last few movies practicing his drifts on King Kai's planet, while Ludacris finds the dragon balls so he can wish him back in the third act. Toretto will spend most of the 2nd act charging up.

But who's the Yamcha tho
tumblr_myjfq0ciiT1sj0guco4_r1_250.gif

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.

Don't be silly.

Just have him in the background fixing a random car. Han's been alive the whole time just eating his snacks and fucking around, lol.

The snacks are what saved him. THE SNACKS, DOM! WHAT DO THE SNACKS DO?!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Han is my shit. One of my favorite characters in the franchise.

And like I said in another thread, the only way Statham can join the team full time is if they somehow reveal he didn't kill Han.

Make it happen y'all.

I DIDN'T SEE NO BODY
RIGHT?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
They're going to bring back a cyborg Han that was kept alive by a hostile entity who wants to know everything about Dom, Brian, and the rest of the crew in order to enact vengeance.

Han will be the villain in The Fast and Fine(F9).

The Fast Nine
Faster, Nein!
Fine

Yeah Statham isn't gonna be a part of the team unless they can settle this because the crew would probably kill him first chance they get

Watch it be something like Han and Gisele somehow lived but got caught, and yes it should be both because all she did was fucking float into nothingness while shooting a mook in the head

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Video

He could escape or had help before the explosion.

A good introduction, if they want to bring Han back, would be to start off the next movie showing Lucas Black dealing with the events of Tokyo Drift, showing him having
Then you follow a few flashbacks of Lucas' life after the events of Tokyo Drift to see what he's done since then, as well as his present day doings.

After that, one night he notices a hooded figure following him and before he can confront him, the person disappears. He gets the feeling that the person knows something about Han and suddenly he begins questioning whether he really saw Han die in the explosion or not.nightmares months or years after the explosion.

Cue Lucas reaching out to Dom to ask him for his opinion. Dom tells him that he's just seeing things and that Han really is dead. Lucas sees the person a few days later again but this time he manages to chase him down. The figure falls over a railing to reveal part of his face, showing that he looks like a disfigured Han. Lucas calls Dom again and says he's sure he's alive, and in comes the rest of the family for the 9th movie.

Unfortunately, as it turns out, Han was kept alive by the movie's main villain and had a chip installed in him that brainwashed him. So the entire movie is the family fighting and avoiding Han as he is being used as a proxy by the real villain to do the dirty work, similar to the Winter Soldier. Then the movie ends with the real mastermind being taken out and Han snapping out of it to return to the family.

GOD DAMN IT I WANT IT

Doing this to any other character in another franchise would sound ridiculous, but since this is F&F, it's not farfetched at all.

Han surviving the explosion can really be explained away in the same vein as the Winter Soldier.

norm9

Yeah, just bring both Han AND Giselle back. Fuck it!

Han&Giselle > Dom&O'Connor > O'Connor&Mia > Letty&Dom

sgjackson

I just looked up what the Han Seoul-Oh deal was because I refused to believe that was his canon name - it's the "most" canon because that's what appears in his DSS file when they scan his face in Fast Five, but it's implied that it's a fake name by Hobbs (which Justin Lin confirmed later).

In the Los Bandoleros short he's credited as Han Lue, so that's probably his real name.

I skimmed the thread so if someone already said this my bad :V

Zoe

I just looked up what the Han Seoul-Oh deal was because I refused to believe that was his canon name - it's the "most" canon because that's what appears in his DSS file when they scan his face in Fast Five, but it's implied that it's a fake name by Hobbs (which Justin Lin confirmed later).

In the Los Bandaleros short he's credited as Han Lue, so that's probably his real name.

I skimmed the thread so if someone already said this my bad :V

Come on guys, it's in the article.

Universal doesn’t consider Better Luck Tomorrow to be an official part of their franchise, but Lin and Kang acknowledge that Kang plays the same character in both properties. In the Fast films, the character is known as “Han Seoul-Oh,” a shout-out to Star Wars smuggler Han Solo, but Lin has gone on the record saying that’s a fake ID, so we never learn his real last name.

Yes I said this exact thing retcon the death, have him climb into a man hole or someshit.

Sung Kang himself has already explained how it went down. Either Han crawled out of the car and then took a bicycle from a nearby good Samaritan who had stopped to help him, or Han is immortal and cannot be killed, or he was brought back to life by the purehearted tears of a young orphan so that he could keep his promise to spend Christmas together. Either way, Han lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom