• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 4, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REVIEW THE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS (SEE BELOW)

The Walking Dead returns with the highly anticipated final eight episodes of the show's fourth season beginning Sunday, February 9th at 9/8c. Following the devastating events of the mid-season finale, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and the group are still reeling from the loss of their home, family and friends. With the destruction of the prison, the group of survivors is broken apart and sent on divergent paths, unsure of everyone else’s fate. What was a challenging life behind fences and walls grows that much more perilous and precious as they are exposed to new dangers, new enemies and heartbreaking choices. They will have their faith thoroughly tested — a faith that breaks some of them and redeems others.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

In this highly anticipated new season, we see Rick and the group of survivors fostering a thriving community in the safe haven of the prison. Sadly, in this brutal world, happiness is short-lived and walkers and outside threats are no match for danger brewing inside the fences. The group's home and new way of life will be thoroughly tested, and their struggle to survive has never been so perilous. Season 4 also introduces several new characters including Bob Stookey (Lawrence Gilliard Jr., The Wire).

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Scott Wilson, Melissa McBride, David Morrissey, Emily Kinney, Danai Gurira, Chad Coleman and Sonequa Martin-Green. The series is executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Tom Luse and Greg Nicotero.

iox2uOZ0fMdxV.png

Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags. Please remember to spoiler tag any preview and/or promo discussion for episodes that have not aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. All discussion regarding unofficially distributed media belongs in The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. (Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers)
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
. All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.​

ibITydeyV81BH.png

Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Steven Yeun as Glenn Rhee

Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene
ipEYs4Z7OB2mJ.png
Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
iYSbCrHeWB7dq.png
Danai Gurira as Michonne

Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier
izQv0lRwy93Aw.png
Scott Wilson as Hershel Greene
ibdIUvsYLgdWwj.png
David Morrissey as The Governor

Emily Kinney as Beth Greene
iDXjXfxlpQCqp.png
Chad L. Coleman as Tyreese
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha

iq2EcYgwwXQXK.png

• TV Line - Michael Cudlitz Cast in The Walking Dead Season 4 [Comic Spoilers]
    TV Line said:
    Southland‘s Officer John Cooper has been promoted. That’s the good news. The bad news is he’s been reassigned to the zombie apocalypse!

The Walking Dead has tapped Michael Cudlitz to join the Season 4 cast in the comic book role of
    Sgt. Abraham Ford
    , TVLine has learned exclusively.

Cudlitz has been shooting on location in Georgia for weeks, but, remarkably, his casting has remained under wraps — part of an elaborate covert mission to preserve the announcement for The Walking Dead panel at New York Comic-Con.

“I was laying low because [my character has] a very iconic look,” explains Cudlitz, who was approached by the AMC smash last spring (shortly after he wrapped work on what would turn out to be Southland’s series finale). “It would be very easy for somebody to put the pieces together if they saw me strolling around [near the show's set.] So I was staying very close to the hotel. And I didn’t hang out with any of the other castmembers.”

There still isn’t much Cudlitz can reveal about the gig, except that he will turn up at some point in Season 4 and, much like his comic counterpart,
    “Abraham is someone who comes with a lot of emotional baggage. And he’s on a mission.”

And although he’s coming in as a series regular, Cudlitz knows the drill: There is little to no job security on The Walking Dead, unless your name is Andrew Lincoln.

“There’s no guarantee of how long or how short it will be, which is one of the things I actually find pretty exciting about the job after being locked into Southland for so many years,” he admits.

i1gGmrkV0McDz.jpg
  • The Hollywood Reporter - Josh McDermitt Cast in The Walking Dead Season 4 [Comic Spoilers]
    The Hollywood Reporter said:
    Retired at 35 alum Josh McDermitt has joined the zombie drama in the series regular role of
    Dr. Eugene Porter
    , The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

"We're going to tell a version of the
    Eugene, Abraham and Rosita
    comic stories, that's what we do," showrunner Scott Gimple tells THR, noting that like the series has done before, there will be similarities and differences to how AMC handles the characters. "I love those characters from the book, they are very different flavors of comic book characters than we've seen on the show."

Eugene for his part, disguises the fact that he's a smart guy by altering his appearance in order to further protect himself.
    "Josh looks breathtaking in a mullet, he was born to wear one," Gimple said with a laugh. "I can proudly announce we will see a mullet!"

ib1mBdPwqFVgh9.jpg
  • The Hollywood Reporter - Andrew J. West Cast in The Walking Dead Season 4 [Spoilers]
    The Hollywood Reporter said:
    AMC's The Walking Dead is adding another character to its ranks. Greek alum Andrew J. West has boarded the series based on Robert Kirkman's comics, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Character details are being kept under wraps, but West will appear in the second half of The Walking Dead's fourth season and play
    Gareth, a character who does not appear in the long-running Image/Skybound series on which the AMC show is based. However, sources tell THR that while Gareth might not be playing someone from the comics, he is a remix of sorts of an unidentified character from the series. Gareth will have what sources say is a big presence and play an important character on the drama from showrunner Scott M. Gimple.

West will be credited as a guest star in season four with an option to be promoted to a series regular in the recently announced fifth season. The young actor, whose credits also include Suburgatory, Castle, Body of Proof, The Whole Truth and CSI, becomes the latest addition to the cast. This season, The Walking Dead added Larry Gilliard Jr. (Bob) and promoted Chad Coleman (Tyreese), Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha) and Emily Kinney (Beth) to series regulars as the show repopulated its ranks following the bloodbath of season three.

Like the debuts for Cudlitz, McDermitt and Serratos' characters, the exact episode in which West will make his first appearance is being kept close to the vest. West is repped by ICM Partners and John Pierce at The Group.

For his part, Gimple -- a longtime fan of the comics -- has taken a "remix" approach to Kirkman's source material. "In some ways, the things that divert from the comic this year have actually served being closer to the comic in some ways," the new showrunner told THR ahead of the fourth season premiere. "There's going to be some looping around to the comic and remixing. That's how I essentially look at it: It's a remix of the comic."

i5n9q6BWpjECG.png

ifOJOu1U4lUcm.png

iF1zld2ywW3mI.png

Trailers
Features
Season Recaps

i70ooW2qjylsO.png

ii33aiarqnvh5.png

ibxtShfhWQ2B55.gif
iVFF9M5QtfRD4.gif
ibm0nJ1Hzb0Cda.gif
ibe9RabNQ8q97J.gif
i0gXurThZPa7z.gif

iBId1qd4h2lNo.gif
iIpNhmyltXUt0.gif
ioy129h0DvnQz.gif
iTbIUuGq927j4.jpg
ibl5EKRvSZVOhm.gif

Very nice OP. Thanks.

Couldn't you drop that third row of characters? One was exiled and the other two are dead. Not trying to nitpick, but it caught me off guard seeing them listed.

SamuraiX-

Very nice OP. Thanks.

Couldn't you drop that third row of characters? One was exiled and the other two are dead. Not trying to nitpick, but it caught me off guard seeing them listed.

That was actually something I struggled coming to a decision on. lol

I wanted to drop The Governor and Hershel of course but I still wanted Carol up there... but then my OCD would end me seeing three even rows and a fourth row with just one portrait. hahaha

But now I actually just got another idea! Gimme a sec and check that section again in a little bit. ;)

I must say I am pretty hyped, I especially cannot wait to see
Abraham
. Based off the pictures I have seen they have his appearance almost perfectly. I just hope they can give him enough air time considering we already have a lot "badass" characters alive still.

One thing I am still curious is anybody have any idea who the hell
Gareth
is going to be loosely based on from the comics? The only new characters they should from the comic relatively soon are those
bandits, the Hunters, and Gabriel
. It should be interesting to see what they do with him.

Replicant

I'm not sure I like how series these days tend to divide season into 2 parts. It makes the season feels less cohesive. The governor arc should have ended in S3 instead of halfway through S4.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
One thing I am still curious is anybody have any idea who the hell
Gareth
is going to be loosely based on from the comics?

Considering the fact that he's going to be a
regular in season 5, I imagine that he'll be a remix of Jesus.

I'm not sure I like how series these days tend to divide season into 2 parts. It makes the season feels less cohesive. The governor arc should have ended in S3 instead of halfway through S4.

I prefer to think of each half as it's own mini season, ala season one. The whole thing is basically AMC's way of getting more bang for their buck, but I think it ends up working in the show's favor because the writers only have to write 8 episode arcs instead of one long 13 episode arc.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Walking Dead coming back on my birthday, there's probably a depressingly appropriate analogy I can make here. :lol

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I want someone to edit together clips from part one of S4 and make a mock cold & flu medicine ad out of it.

Haven't read the comics, so no idea, although I understand he's a significant character from them.

I vaguely recall reading them sometime last year? But wouldn't want to spoil myself in the chance I remember the character he's playing

Wasn't a fan of part 1 of season 4 but Cudlitz will force me to tune in on the second half

luxarific

Nork unification denier
lol at the basketball gif. Thank god they're out of the damn prison. Hopefully the show keeps them moving now. Things always get incredibly boring when they settle down someplace.

Will be interesting to see what each group will do to ensure their survival. Also how many episodes until they reunite? I'm saying 4 at the most.

EulaCapra

Wow. Clicking on Tyreese and Sasha's bios is sad. They get 2-3 sentence bios while the others have like 8 paragraphs to them. Not even the AMC website knows what to write about them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom