• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REVIEW THE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS (SEE BELOW)

The Walking Dead, the most watched drama in basic cable history, returns for another terrifying and exhilarating season on Sunday, October 23rd at 9/8c. The 16-episode season will air in two parts with the first eight hours kicking off October 23rd and the back half beginning in February 2017.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

Up until this point, the survivors have lived through conflicts... Disease, hunger, scores of the undead, tragedy, betrayal, and unthinkable loss. Through this, they've become formidable. Powerful. Unstoppable.

To start Season 7, that power is taken away. They had found safety and stability. They had created a home. They thought the world was theirs. They thought they knew the world. They were wrong.

The first half of Season 7 sees the group fractured, broken, bereaved, and picking up the pieces while living under the thumb of oppression. Negan will have successfully brought the survivors under his control, brutally convincing them to live under his rules with a deadly and horrific example of what happens if they don’t.

Other characters are unaware of what’s happened, but have become separated from the group either by incident or choice -- they will learn that they can’t escape this new turn of their world, either. This half season is about these characters starting over.

The overall theme of the season is beginning again. The world isn’t what they thought it was. It’s bigger and it’s even more dangerous.

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lennie James, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Sonequa Martin-Green, Michael Cudlitz, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Josh McDermitt, Seth Gilliam, Ross Marquand, Tovah Feldshuh, Alexandra Breckenridge, and Austin Nichols. The series is executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Tom Luse and Greg Nicotero.

qNZDkwE.png

Previously Aired Episodes: Details of already aired episodes may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags.

Previews, Promos & Sneak Peeks: Spoiler tag all discussion related to content that is associated with episodes that have not yet aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. All discussion regarding unofficially distributed content belongs in The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. [Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers]
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
. All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.​

8WlJO8D.png

I6ImBSM.png

The Hollywood Reporter said:
Khary Payton (Teen Titans, General Hospital) has booked the series regular role of
Ezekiel, the leader of a new community of survivors that are poised to be introduced in season seven of the zombie drama, producers announced Friday at San Diego Comic-Con. The first look at Ezekiel and his pet tiger, Shiva, are in the just-released season seven trailer.

The Kingdom is overseen by a George Clinton-like leader named Ezekiel, a former zookeeper who watches over the community with Shiva, his pet tiger. The character is first introduced in Issue 108 of Robert Kirkman's comic series. He's described as eccentric and a somewhat flamboyant older man who is charismatic, friendly with an aura of wisdom — though he is perceived by many to be arrogant, thanks largely to his theatrics, though those who know him well know otherwise. The residents of the Kingdom dress in protective armor — and serve as knights to the so-called "King Ezekiel" at a transformed high school.

Khary Payton's character becomes the latest comic book character to be brought to life on the AMC drama. Jeffrey Dean Morgan's villain Negan was introduced in the season six finale, joining fellow newly promoted series regulars Austin Amelio (Dwight, Negan's right-hand man), Xander Berkeley (Gregory, the leader of the Hilltop) and Tom Payne (Jesus, a former Hilltop-turned-Alexandria resident).

Payton's acting and voiceover credits include The Lion Guard, Teen Titans Go, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Young Justice, New Teen Titans and General Hospital. He is repped by Innovative Artists and Gekis Ribera Management.

9WGHsgB.jpg

op8wyA3.png

SqZetrb.png

Trailers
Features
Fan Tributes
Season Recaps

I5zyPW5.png

gGKTSEw.png

BpHZnzF.gif
oSUSoJy.gif
zrOTLlc.gif

6TVAjt3.gif
Awe8Ypp.gif
D1my81z.gif

hn9nC2A.gif
x17pHOh.gif

bp1Epsu.gif
Whjk0BL.gif

AsaXsp9.gif
fbuiuwl.gif
Gbw8HTE.gif

kubus

Awww yiss it's almost time!

That reminds me, I should find out how to watch this in Japan... I don't think they air it here on tv :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Safe: Rick, Carl, Michonne
No impact, should they die: Eugene, Sasha, Rosita, Aaron, Abraham
Megaton: Glen, Maggie, Daryl

JaseMath

After 6 seasons, I'll tune in tomorrow night just to see who dies. After that, I'm never watching the show again.

HereticJ

For some reason I think it's Maggie.

Possible candidates: Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, Eugene.

The rest (excluding Rick/Carl) would make the cliffhanger seem too manipulative IMO.

Edit: Eugene would be underwhelming as anything more than a second kill. But he's the most "Innocent" of the group.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That is some top shelf OT material, goddamn thats impressive. Good job dude.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

The Day Will Come When You Won't Be

In the seventh-season premiere, Negan's actions will haunt the surviving members of Rick's group forever.

Tonight's episode was written by Scott M. Gimple, who last wrote 6.16 "Last Day on Earth" (the season six finale) and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 6.16 "Last Day on Earth".

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Robert Kirkman (creator)
Scott M. Gimple (showrunner)
Yvette Nicole Brown (actress, Community)
Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan)
Andrew Lincoln (Rick)
Chandler Riggs (Carl)
Danai Gurira (Michonne)
Norman Reedus (Daryl)
Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha)
Josh McDermitt (Eugene)
Michael Cudlitz (Abraham)
Christian Serratos (Rosita)
Steven Yeun (Glenn)
Lauren Cohan (Maggie)
Ross Marquand (Aaron)

dustyherb

“The Day Will Come When You Won't Be”
Love that they used this line from season 1 as the title. Jenner was right all along.

Even though the wait is now over and we've had months to ponder the ending of S6, I still feel it was the wrong decision to end on that cliffhanger. The ending to S6 should have been mass panic with the group wondering what to do next. S6 built up many of the characters to be almost bulletproof and superhuman. Many were becoming too cocky for their own good. That all should have came crashing down in the final scene of S6 to let the characters and fans come to terms with what happened during the summer. S7 would then have been about everyone getting their mojo back.

Because of the cliffhanger we now have to start on a high before we hit a low and build from that point. It is going to suck for pacing - unless they start messing about with non-linear narrative like early S6 again.

Redd

If I had to bet it's Michonne or Abraham. I'm done with this show if its Maggie......at least for a few months.

kubus

Could someone pretty, pretty please make one of those fancy countdown timers to when the episode airs?

As an European living in Japan I have lost my sense of time and I have no idea what "9/8c" even means :p.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wonderful OT, thanks for putting in the time and effort. I'm excited to have this show back. It has always been a nice guilty pleasure to close out the weekend. And I'm one of the crazy people that thinks the show has gotten remarkably better as it as gone on. Lol

Hoping we get a nice good chunk of Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan.

dustyherb

Wonderful OT, thanks for putting in the time and effort. I'm excited to have this show back. It has always been a nice guilty pleasure to close out the weekend. And I'm one of the crazy people that thinks the show has gotten remarkably better as it as gone on. Lol

Hoping we get a nice good chunk of Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan.
Nah your not crazy, I think so as well.

LaNaranja

They really should have saved Tyreese for Negan. I am still pissed they had him go out so stupidly. Like seriously? You are going to tell me a lone zombie took out this guy?

Hammer-Time.jpg

I wanna see Sasha take a bat to the face.

Sasha is all we have left of Tyreese. I am going to be pissed if we see her go anytime soon. Also going to be bummed if Abe goes out. Poor Sasha has been through too much shit already.

They really should have saved Tyreese for Negan. I am still pissed they had him go out so stupidly. Like seriously? You are going to tell me a lone zombie took out this guy?

Hammer-Time.jpg

Sasha is all we have left of Tyreese. I am going to be pissed if we see her go anytime soon. Also going to be bummed if Abe goes out. Poor Sasha has been through too much shit already.

Beth and Ty dying back to back was too much. And that whole dream sequence with him, her, and the girls. Man.

:(

It could happen to anyone. It should

The bad part wasn't that it was a lone zombie. It was that the writers had him stupidly not clear out the house and then become so engrossed in the pictures in the kid's room that he was completely unaware of the walker coming up behind him

Pilgrimzero

While WD has a habit of killing its black characters, I'm fairly sure it won't be Michonne. She's too popular.

If I was a betting man, I'd go with Maggie. Gives the much needed impact with minimal loss to the group/show.

Azzanadra

Nah your not crazy, I think so as well.

It weird. I thought the show was best season 1, then dropped off in quality for 2, 3 and 4.... but 5 and 6 have been great.

Honestly can't wait. I just binged season 6 on Netflix, kinda stopped watching in the beginning of when it aired which was strange as I usually watched TWD episodes as soon as they come out. Binging honest feels way better than watching at air time for this show especially.

Honestly don't get why The Walking Dead gets so much shit though, like there are actual bad shows out there and even as a "good shows that squanders its potential" there are bigger fucking suspects here like Game of Thrones, True Detective S2 and all those damned superhero shows that are getting endlessly churned out.

It weird. I thought the show was best season 1, then dropped off in quality for 2, 3 and 4.... but 5 and 6 have been great.

Honestly can't wait. I just binged season 6 on Netflix, kinda stopped watching in the beginning of when it aired which was strange as I usually watched TWD episodes as soon as they come out. Binging honest feels way better than watching at air time for this show especially.

Honestly don't get why The Walking Dead gets so much shit though, like there are actual bad shows out there and even as a "good shows that squanders its potential" there are bigger fucking suspects here like Game of Thrones, True Detective S2 and all those damned superhero shows that are getting endlessly churned out.
Game of Thrones squandering its potential? How?

I feel like The Talking Dead kind of spoils that it's going to be a major cast member. They wouldn't do an hour and a half long episode with nearly every cast member if it was just Negan killing Aaron.

dustyherb

Beth and Ty dying back to back was too much. And that whole dream sequence with him, her, and the girls. Man.

:(
A lot of people hate on Tyresse's death but I found it to be really sad as well. Him seeing all those people before he died. Rick, Michonne, Glenn, and Noah trying to get him back in time before he bleeds out. Then he just decides to give in and die :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom