• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Big boos can be defeated by sliding down stairs”

And Big Bubbles too.

jmoa1Ih.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned

tumblr_o7mchnaSCP1rrftcdo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o7mchnaSCP1rrftcdo1_500.gif

"Playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, one might notice that although the environments are in 3D, whenever DK and Diddy would pass through a platform, they appear to be floating in front of it instead. This is because DK and Diddy are not 3D objects in the environment, but 2D renders of 3D models that act as sprites. Zooming in, we can see the pixelation of the images. "

HO
LY
FUCK

DonShula

I really don't think this was intentional, seems more like a programming oversight, because this just doesn't make any sense at all.

One of those things that the game would never entice you to try, so agreed. So unlike Nintendo, yet so Nintendo.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
btw the drill jump also "connects" with them (it doesn't kill them but you bounce off them, registers as a hard contact)

so it's probably like the slide attack that it connects with boo or bubbles, but while drill distinguishes hard and soft contacts, maybe slide just has really high damage priority?

LordKasual

Banned

"Playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, one might notice that although the environments are in 3D, whenever DK and Diddy would pass through a platform, they appear to be floating in front of it instead. This is because DK and Diddy are not 3D objects in the environment, but 2D renders of 3D models that act as sprites. Zooming in, we can see the pixelation of the images. "

HO
LY
FUCK
Wait, what?

So, the whole game is basically rendered like SSB Melee's Flat Zone stage? That's pretty neat

El Sabroso

HO
LY
FUCK

I did see this in dolphin

HO
LY
FUCK
Pretty sure this is the same as the original DKC

GAMETA

Banned
STOP

JUST

STOP THIS MADNESS

That? Not the two secret worlds when you find the last secret exit in Star World?

hmmm, not sure what you're talking about bro... You mean the Special World? That was pretty well known and discussed by friends... the Top Secret Area tho (where I added the arrow), I only found that years later, it blew my mind. :)

DvPmzvu.png

Top Bottom