• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Big boos can be defeated by sliding down stairs”

hmmm, not sure what you're talking about bro... You mean the Special World? That was pretty well known and discussed by friends... the Top Secret Area tho (where I added the arrow), I only found that years later, it blew my mind. :)

Heh we have the opposite experience then! I've used the secret area to grind 1ups since I was a literal babby, but only learned about Special World a couple years ago. Before that I thought Star World was just a way to unlock shortcuts through the overworld only. My dad had his fucking mind blown when I showed him and it was like we were playing a new (and frustrating) game!

Cyrus_Saren

What the hell! Never knew this and I've played a lot of Super Mario World.
2DCFlq7.gif

Dude! Mind blown.

Yukinari

This is like when people realized you could use mario's crawl in mario 64 to go up steep inclines.

Also you know what blows, you can spin jump off buzz saws in mario world but not in mario maker. Whats up with that shit?

Huh, I never knew that. After all, what crazy bastard would slide into a Big Boo??

Edit:
Did anyone know that you can sneak past Lickers in RE2 by repeatedly tapping the d-pad instead of holding it? I've been holding onto that secret since '98!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm shocked at how many people never discovered this back in the day.

I mean it is a pretty rare thing though. I never even lead that big Boo to the stairs anyway because there's no reason to. But I've done it.

hmmm, not sure what you're talking about bro... You mean the Special World? That was pretty well known and discussed by friends... the Top Secret Area tho (where I added the arrow), I only found that years later, it blew my mind. :)

DvPmzvu.png

Thought this was known.

I can't remember how I discovered it, but I always used it.

Discoverable if you flew everywhere.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
This is like when people realized you could use mario's crawl in mario 64 to go up steep inclines.
You mean like that one in the first level with the red coin on it? You can just keep running full speed and eventually will get it without having to go all the way around the mountain.

Lmao at the people who say that they knew this. Y'all a bunch of liars.
Nope. Some of us actually liked to experiment back then.

Well then. Played this game like crazy (and still do, it's my favorite Mario game) and never knew or even would have thought that.

EDIT: And the green bubbles too! Either way, it's not terribly useful in any case.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit, WHAT.

I thought those stupid things were immortal. This changes EVERYTHING.

robotrock

Banned
tumblr_o7mchnaSCP1rrftcdo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o7mchnaSCP1rrftcdo1_500.gif

"Playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, one might notice that although the environments are in 3D, whenever DK and Diddy would pass through a platform, they appear to be floating in front of it instead. This is because DK and Diddy are not 3D objects in the environment, but 2D renders of 3D models that act as sprites. Zooming in, we can see the pixelation of the images. "

HO
LY
FUCK

Wait, is this real? They looked fine when I was trying it out in a ridiculous resolution in dolphin

LuFel

tumblr_o7mchnaSCP1rrftcdo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o7mchnaSCP1rrftcdo1_500.gif

"Playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, one might notice that although the environments are in 3D, whenever DK and Diddy would pass through a platform, they appear to be floating in front of it instead. This is because DK and Diddy are not 3D objects in the environment, but 2D renders of 3D models that act as sprites. Zooming in, we can see the pixelation of the images. "

HO
LY
FUCK

ohhhh! i got headache! HNNNNGGGGG!!!!

Well done!

Top Bottom