• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

CiSTM

Banned
Cosmic Bus said:
kickle.jpg
blast.jpg

Woah, those are really amazing ! High-res versions ?

manji

Could someone post a proper-res template for each system case?

I'd think a high-res front/spine/back would give some of the GAF artists a bigger canvas to work with, while giving all of us a proper file to print out and use =)

(I'd be up for replacing the majority of my boxart with these, but I'm far too lazy to actually resize/add spine & back art/ etc. )

I know a lot of that is available for DVD's, it'd just be great to have a collection for games as well.

btw, +1 on the Killer7 cover, that high-res file is just epic. thx =)

MNC

Great topic. All of these are great, especially the half life 2 one and the mirror's edge one: I can't believe this wasn't the official cover.

Pringo

Banned
manji said:
Could someone post a proper-res template for each system case?

I'd think a high-res front/spine/back would give some of the GAF artists a bigger canvas to work with, while giving all of us a proper file to print out and use =)

(I'd be up for replacing the majority of my boxart with these, but I'm far too lazy to actually resize/add spine & back art/ etc. )

I know a lot of that is available for DVD's, it'd just be great to have a collection for games as well.

btw, +1 on the Killer7 cover, that high-res file is just epic. thx =)
There are a bunch of templates posted on a very cool site called The Cover Project. Here's a link for the downloads: http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=1610.0

If anyone wants to adapt their GAF Collection cover into a usable cover that would be awesome. I'm tempted to make one with that killer7 cover since ShaunBRS was nice enough to post a really high res version of it. I'll add this info to the OP so people will see it hopefully.

bengraven

flabberghastly said:

Holy fucking shit, THAT'S how you do a Criterion Collection game cover!

There's not enough room in this text block for the amount of " :O "'s.

and I've never even PLAYED SotC

CiSTM

Banned
Gagaman said:
So much can be done with katamari, but here's a quick one.

http://i42.tinypic.com/fwpy8o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love it. I like the simplicity in it. Really great work.

EDIT: Android18a and Hypno Funk <3 Those look really good too. Androida18a now make persona 4 cover ;)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Surprisingly, a lot of recent EA covers would fit this. skate, Bad Company, Rock Band, and Burnout all had that classy, simple look

CiSTM

Banned
Aaaaaw, I love lode runner <3. Also props for Hypno Funk, that's really nice ;)

EDIT: And SimAnts is also really cool. Not too long ago I was wondering when Will Wright will make new Sim ant game :lol

EDIT: Thanks Android18a, that's one cool piece. I was just in the ads thread and I saw that you have made some of my favorite ads overe there. You are really talented. GJ.

... Well this thread and the ad thread is proof that gaf is filled with talented people.

CiSTM

Banned
Gagaman said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/178h1y.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjphyq.png[IMG]
Spent a little while messing about with this one, still not sure on the font.[/QUOTE]

Project rub is perfect and I really like the wario one. Outstanding job.

eXistor

Another awesomely creative thread! It has to be said though, the minimalistic approach is the way to go in this case. There are quite a few that, while really good, could benefit from toning it down a bit. Then again, I'm not posting any artwork so I might not have any right to complain.

@proposition: no, you don't, that one's really good.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh would someone do a Mass Effect one with the two dark planet aligning with each other from the Prothean vision. I love that image.

somnific

CiSTM said:
Can someone do their magic with another world ? Maybe use this high res poster or something completely else.

EDIT: No flower covers yet ?

i think that's an actual cover for some versions. i'll try to do something later, heh. i was brainstorming some ideas but couldn't think of anything i liked.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
This thread is rad! Congrats to everyone who has submitted. I'm away from my computer for the rest of the weekend, but I want to do more when I get back to work on Monday.

ShaunBRS

Pringo said:
If anyone wants to adapt their GAF Collection cover into a usable cover that would be awesome. I'm tempted to make one with that killer7 cover since ShaunBRS was nice enough to post a really high res version of it. I'll add this info to the OP so people will see it hopefully.

I was bored so I made a simple one myself. Here you go.

2ldi000.jpg

(3240x2175)
Hosting a 7 million pixel png is a pain in the arse.

Top Bottom