• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

nny

flabberghastly said:
jqsxw6.png

delicious.

This thread, the one with the ads...there's some real talent roaming around these boards. Congrats to you all.

FromTheFuture said:
This is pretty fun. I have a lot of ideas but it's tough to make them come to fruition. First attempt; wasn't sure what color to make the Nintendo, so i went with pink for no reason. It was just in the egg so:

edit. Actually blue is pretty hot too... it's the little things..

linksawakening.png
linksawakeningblue.png

Am I the only one who find this completely phallic?

Aselith

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Maybe the island is more of a grower than a shower?

Or it could be shrinkage. It is in water after all.

Check out those cloads though. HAPPY ISLAND IS HAPPY

Bernbaum

Jocchan said:

I'm looking at this, and I know that I like it, but my first thought is that it didn't appear to capture any of the game's design elements or gameplay features.

Then I realized that the arrangement of rectangles recreates the cityplan of buildings and streets. Delightful.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bernbaum said:
I'm looking at this, and I know that I like it, but my first thought is that it didn't appear to capture any of the game's design elements or gameplay features.

Then I realized that the arrangement of rectangles recreates the cityplan of buildings and streets. Delightful.
Not only that: it's also a painting by Piet Mondrian using the same primary colors as the game.
I retraced the picture, and used colors picked from a few screenshots of the game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
"?" That's perfect.

mik

mik is unbeatable
The Noby Noby Boy cover looks a bit like an Eric Carle illustration--which is wonderfully, whimsically appropriate...

ericcarle2.jpg

Fireflu

mik said:
The Noby Noby Boy cover looks a bit like an Eric Carle illustration--which is wonderfully, whimsically appropriate...

ericcarle2.jpg

Thanks mik! I'm really glad someone picked that up as it was intended as a subtle reference

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
WOW at some entries in this page. I love the Noby Noby Boy one :D

New one, based on an extremely simple concept and with a background colored in pigment indigo.
34iptfo.jpg

Victrix

*beard*
I can't believe how much better these are than the official box arts. Or god forbid the platinum hits versions.

(now someone do Freespace 2 :p)

Fireflu

Yeah I love the Bioshock one as the waves also look like clouds, depending on how you look at it, which totally juxtaposes the whole under water city aspect

Top Bottom