• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Elden Ring’ Has Now Outsold ‘Call Of Duty: Vanguard’ (USA)

Banjo64

cumsessed
What a weird comparison. COD isn't in its prime anymore and Souls game are on fire and fairly a new genre. I swear I am more happy about the fact that Single Player games are back because MP in everything was starting to really ruin my mood.
It’s not weird because CoD is usually the highest selling game every year.

It actually both shows how amazing a success Elden Ring is, while at the same time showing you how big COD is that it takes a game of the magnitude of Elden Ring just to outsell, apparently, one of the worst received COD games in recent memory. Happy for Elden Ring's success. I totally doubted that game. Did not see the fuss or hype coming in, but happy to hear it turned out to be special.

sachos

I'm so glad Elden Ring is such a sales success. Single-player, offline, no mtx/gaas/nft bullshit, complete on disc (PS4/PS5) and full of secrets that inspire conversations like "dude did you find X and Y in your playthrough?" recreating that old school gaming feeling. That's what i love from FromSoft games, they tend to represent old school gaming philosophies in the modern gaming landscape.

Amiga

The greatest thing about ED is that it showed games still have room to evolve and not just copy paste each other.
Shoutout to hades for also showing this.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Does this belittle how much CoD has sold or more what a beast ER is?
I mean CoD up untill now has been a yearly game for 15 years? How many games of ER have we seen?
CoD has lost a lot of the market after modern warfare 2019.

I were one of then buying it annually until MW2019.

This links confirms that the newer games in the franchise has sold worse after

Gaming bolt has written an article, that actually says modern warfare 2019 as wuch a big succes, that it sold over 30 million copies.

As the numbers shows, call of duty has become a bitch and elden ring is just more popular.

Neither of the games cater to the same crowd. I don't play elden ring because cod sucks, I play neither.

If Activision could get their shit together regarding call of duty, it could shine again.

They probably wont figure it out though.

FunkMiller

Excellent!

I wonder if the video games industry will take note of how a game like this has been such a huge success, and will turn away from the greed soaked, multiplayer, MTX crammed bullshit they’ve been trying to feed us for

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

S0ULZB0URNE

CoD has lost a lot of the market after modern warfare 2019.

I were one of then buying it annually until MW2019.

This links confirms that the newer games in the franchise has sold worse after

Gaming bolt has written an article, that actually says modern warfare 2019 as wuch a big succes, that it sold over 30 million copies.

As the numbers shows, call of duty has become a bitch and elden ring is just more popular.

Neither of the games cater to the same crowd. I don't play elden ring because cod sucks, I play neither.

If Activision could get their shit together regarding call of duty, it could shine again.

They probably wont figure it out though.
Also, this is probably because people already completed it, but the concurrent player base has dropped by 90 percent on steam.

that copium

GHG

Gold Member
Top Bottom