• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Please stop’: Tekken director Katsuhiro Harada reacts to ‘ridiculously well-made’ Elden Ring mod

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Katsuhiro Harada reacted on Twitter to a video showing off a new Tekken 7 mod which contains Elden Ring characters.

The mod, released by Ultraboy, can be downloaded now and adds eight characters from the FromSoftware epic to the PC version of Tekken 7, including Melina, Malenia, Alexander, Radahn, Ranni and a giant lobster.

Because the high quality mod (as seen in its own trailer below) could be mistaken for an official Elden Ring fighting game, Harada expressed his reluctance to encourage it.

“Um… sure, Elden is a Bandai Namco-funded title, and I was the production general manager in charge of Elden, so it’s not irrelevant,” Harada said. “It’s [a] ridiculously well-made mod but plz stop it lol.”

One fan asked Harada if he meant people should stop making the mod, or simply that they should stop tweeting him about it.

“You probably don’t know, but there are surprisingly many people who think this is [an] official one or make various understandings and contact us,” Harada explains.

“I don’t say anything for your personal enjoyment, but I want you to know that there are people in your community who make noise based on misunderstandings.”

Last edited:

Hugare

Harada here like:

Wkwkwkw Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Mod looks really well made

SSfox

Once you release your game on PC and it's possible to be Mod, except anything. Idk why he is surprised so much about this. Some people replaced Mr X in RE2E with a toy train, and millions other examples like this happened before.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Once you release your game on PC and it's possible to be Mod, except anything. Idk why he is surprised so much about this. Some people replaced Mr X in RE2E with a toy train, and millions other examples like this happened before.

He ain’t surprise. He is fine with the mod existing, but he’s not fine with the overwhelming requests from players who contact him over the mod.

I can't believe that fans take time to make good Mods and even make new moves in a very short time, compared to the creator of Tekken who couldn't make the crossover with Street Fighter for more than 7 years.
Let's see real. A modder's only restriction is his skill and imagination. To make a product requires agreements and a bunch of other processes to make it a reality.

I can't believe that fans take time to make good Mods and even make new moves in a very short time, compared to the creator of Tekken who couldn't make the crossover with Street Fighter for more than 7 years.
Difference between motivated attic programmer with love for the product vs unmotivated paycheck worker just hoping to survive till the next paycheck 🙌🏻

Last edited:
Top Bottom