• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Hype ‘Resident Evil’ Movie Reboot: Kaya Scodelario, Robbie Amell, Hannah John-Kamen, Neal McDonough & More To Star In Origin Story Adaptation

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
why smash 2 games into one movie? the spencer mansion is a perfect setting for a singular horror film based on the events of RE1. there is more than enough material there to make a solid 1.5 hour movie. also, why is leon mexican? ugh, why are movie makers so fucking stupid? :messenger_weary: i hope these turn out good anyway, but i have zero faith in there ever being an even halfway decent video game movie. the directors and writers just cant help themselves and always find a way to fuck it up

SuperGooey

Oct 31, 2019
I don't know if I should be excited given the history of video game films (and especially ones with "Resident Evil" in the title), but I actually find myself anticipating this movie. I think the best case scenario is this being like the first Silent Hill movie--not terrible, but not very good; though, filled to the brim with imagery from the game including the atmosphere which makes it a decent watch.

carlosrox

May 19, 2020
Hmmmmmmmm.

Well it definitely SOUNDS like a step in the right direction and the 47m movies are pretty decent.

I mean the cast actually looks pretty good (Leon casting doesn't look accurate yet) and the focus sound right.

Fingers crossed this is good.

Ps. The first RE movie was pretty solid, even if it was doing its own thing. The sequels however are a mess.