• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Scrubs’ Episodes Featuring Blackface Removed From Hulu

Relativ9

I'm pretty sure on the one to the right the joke is that JD is going there disguised as his black best friend Turk while Turk is disguised as JD (whiteface). JD proceeds to get beaten up an mocked by the black ferternity as they were not "cool with it" as Turk had convinced him they would be.

They are literally making a joke about how blackface isn't okey in the scene they want to censor...but apparently context doesn't matter so fuck me I guess.

I'm pretty sure on the one to the right the joke is that JD is going there disguised as his black best friend Turk while Turk is disguised as JD (whiteface). JD proceeds to get beaten up an mocked by the black ferternity as they were not "cool with it" as Turk had convinced him they would be.

They are literally making a joke about how blackface isn't okey in the scene they want to censor...but apparently context doesn't matter so fuck me I guess.
big if true

Kev Kev

silence, racist!

LordCBH

I can’t believe Hollywood is just now discovering that blackface is lame compared to a decade ago (jk obviously. If they thought it was fine ten years ago then I highly doubt they’ve changed their minds now. Gotta chase them woke points. Stop. Censoring. What. Has. Already. Come.)

Javthusiast

Banned
I mean Brooklynn 99 scripts were mostly done for the new season, they threw them all away and now gonna rewrite to commentate on current events in the usa, lmao. So this is not surprising.

lock2k

Banned
whats with these stupid fucked creators trying to delete their own shows. So annoying. Just keep the damn episodes online.
The problem is police brutality against blacks, not fucking comedy shows.

This.

Humor should be exempt of anything. If it's censored, there's no point. Humor should be untouchable.

RiverMan

Neo Member
I checked, and the episodes are also gone from iTunes. I have a feeling this will be like "Stark Raving Dad" where they aren't just content to remove it from streaming...

MacReady13

1575703221207.png

If these fucking muppets pressure ANYONE into cancelling any Seinfeld episode I'll fucking be livid. Luckily I have them on DVD, but this shit is out of control. Pander to these idiots and they will control everything.

Stouffers

Banned
If these fucking muppets pressure ANYONE into cancelling any Seinfeld episode I'll fucking be livid. Luckily I have them on DVD, but this shit is out of control. Pander to these idiots and they will control everything.
I’m pretty sure the Puerto Rico Day episode has been “cancelled” for years.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Well, they dedicated a 45 minute podcast to the topic yesterday. Bill Lawrence sounds like a self serving tool that ironically enough, kept cutting off and talking over the top of the only two black people in the conversation. Zach, seems decently well thought out. Donald, much the same as Zach. Sarah Chalke sounded like she was going to cry and somehow the podcast producer, Joelle sounded like a head mistress, scolding the bad kids.

Calcium

Banned
Well, they dedicated a 45 minute podcast to the topic yesterday. Bill Lawrence sounds like a self serving tool that ironically enough, kept cutting off and talking over the top of the only two black people in the conversation. Zach, seems decently well thought out. Donald, much the same as Zach. Sarah Chalke sounded like she was going to cry and somehow the podcast producer, Joelle sounded like a head mistress, scolding the bad kids.

Listened to that at work yesterday, fucking embarrassing to endure. I love that Lawrence's reasoning that white face isn't a problem because he isn't offended by it, yet it was pretty clear Faison wasn't really offended by any of the jokes that Scrubs did. Impressive double standard, there. There is a clear fucking difference between black face and what Scrubs did. JD wishing he was Turk or that Elliot was Turk isn't fucking racist. It's Hollywood, so of course these people grovel and act like something that hasn't been a problem until now is the worst thing ever.

In that podcast one line from Donald stuck out to me particularly, I don't remember the exact words but Donald said "I didn't think there was anything wrong with what we did until Joelle educated me." A millenial convinced someone to be outraged over something trivial? Fucking shocking.

Last edited:
whats with these stupid fucked creators trying to delete their own shows. So annoying. Just keep the damn episodes online.
The problem is police brutality against blacks, not fucking comedy shows.

The problem is black people committing vastly disproportional violent crime.

If you control for violent crime offenses police shootings are pretty race blind

Jesus Christ in the article it says Tina Fey "apologized for the pain she caused" and asked for episodes of 30 Rock to get pulled. How the fuck has everyone become such colossal pussies. IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING IN A SHOW THEN DON'T WATCH IT.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Jesus Christ in the article it says Tina Fey "apologized for the pain she caused" and asked for episodes of 30 Rock to get pulled. How the fuck has everyone become such colossal pussies. IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING IN A SHOW THEN DON'T WATCH IT.
Brainwashed by peer pressure, or she’d like to close out her career without becoming literally Hitler. Pick your poison.

When ideologies like this get this much momentum, as they have in the echo chamber that is Hollywood, logic and sanity are not things that generally stand in their way.

Top Bottom