• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“A Quiet Place 2” - Emily Blunt, 2020

Edit 4

Post-CV release date pushed for September 4, 2020

Edit 3

new trailer

edit

new trailer

First teaser dropped

It’s pretty bare bones

will update with future news and announcements

Movie Poster

a-quiet-place-part-2-teaser-poster.jpg

Super Bowl Specials

Super Bowl Spots

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Interesting. I swear i read months ago that the film was going to be about a different group of survivors. I guess they changed their minds

They likely got told they couldn't make it about another group, since the only reason this one exists is money. Execs probably just want the same film copy pasted again to get people into the theaters. Hopefully John can still make it interesting, even without help from the other original writers.

GymWolf

What didn't you like?
The acting is good, but there is a lot of stupidity in this film.
And if sometimes a good movie can make you forget the stupidity, this movie wasn't the case for me.

It's like "us", some people fix their mind to the plotholes etc. But i apprecciate the remaining things enough to judge the film good.

Matter of taste i guess.

Rran

I liked the first quite a bit but it doesn't feel like a movie that'd make a great sequel. It worked nicely to me as a self-contained story on a smaller scale. Not sure I really want to see this world expanded or whatever.

Plus,
I liked Jim Halpert as the lead and he's obviously no longer in. Maybe they can get Dwight.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

glad theyre doing this.

it was one of those endings where i was cool with it being open ended to the viewers imagination but at the same time i really wanted to see how the story continues. i honestly wasnt expecting a sequel tho. nice surprise.

hopeful they start right at the moment where she cocks the shotgun.

Atrus

Gold Member
The first movie was a good showcase for bad parenting in a world filled with noise sensitive monsters.

I’ll watch this one to see how they handle this with a baby added to the mix.

Airola

A Quiet Place
A Quiet Place - Part II
Quiet Places
Quiet Place 4: Revelations
Silent Location - Chinese Bootleg
The Quiet Place - 2030 Reboot

If the main series get long enough, there will also be Quie7 Place.

Also, reading the word Quiet that many times makes that word look weird. It now feels like it's a name some snowflake parents gave to their snowflake kid AND at the same time a name some Gaf user decided to give to his kid after asking for name suggestions in a thread here.

xrnzaaas

I hated the first movie because of the characters making awful choices and not deserving to survive. I'll probably skip the sequel.

Also such a wasted opportunity to have a cool title for the second film, especially since the Internet already came up with so many cool ideas for titles and it was only down to picking one of them.

Last edited:

watatatow

I spent the whole movie fantasizing about the monsters being in the theater, unleashing their wrath on all the cunts that wouldn't shut the hell up.

Oh man imagine if those things existed and ran libraries.

Grinchy

Banned
I may be the only person who doesn't care for Emily Blunt. I'll still check this out, but I won't put the poster up on my wall.

xrnzaaas

I may be the only person who doesn't care for Emily Blunt. I'll still check this out, but I won't put the poster up on my wall.
She seems like a very nice person in interviews, but pretty much has one facial expression for everything serious related.

Grinchy

Banned
She seems like a very nice person in interviews, but pretty much has one facial expression for everything serious related.
Yeah I definitely don't mean anything on a personal level to her, but in movies, she just doesn't do it for me. Easily the worst thing about Sicario was her.

Yeah I definitely don't mean anything on a personal level to her, but in movies, she just doesn't do it for me. Easily the worst thing about Sicario was her.

Personally I think she’s great in Sicario but other than that she’s underwhelmed me, performance wise.

She’s legit in Sicario, in my opinion

Grinchy

Banned
They should do a parody one where a rock band is trying to survive and they have to only practice their music with the air versions of their instruments unless they go to a waterfall and then they can jam out like it's Woodstock

I liked the first one enough but damnit we’re they all as smart as a sack of potatoes.

I would be a god in that world with nothing more than my witts. Bring on our sound overlords.

Grinchy

Banned
Personally I think she’s great in Sicario but other than that she’s underwhelmed me, performance wise.

She’s legit in Sicario, in my opinion

Jare, I'm gonna let this one slide. Just never disagree with me again.

And she really wasn't bad in Sicario, she just stood out to me as the weak link. I watched it forever ago, though. And I thought the 2nd one was better, which I'm sure lots of people could shit on me for.

Hinedorf

Banned
I was really interested in this when I saw previews and completely lost track, the first one worth checking out?

Top Bottom