• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Breaking Bad” Movie Coming To Netflix & AMC

bitbydeath

The series aired originally on AMC with seasons subsequently becoming available on Netflix for streaming, but it would appear with the film the roles will be reversed with Netflix scoring the first window.

Online speculation is that the story follows Aaron Paul’s Jesse Pinkman in the wake of the events of the series finale which saw Bryan Cranston’s meth empire king Walter White finally meet his fate.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/breaking-bad-movie-coming-to-netflix-amc/

damn now i want to rewatch this series.

hope its not jesses story after walt.... but really the only other things they can do are other side characters POV during the time of jesse/walt. so dunno whats better.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't need this, but I'll definitely watch it. Giligan hasn't given me any reason to doubt him yet. I expect Saul to be involved as well and possibly for Better Call Saul to show present day segments that relate to the events of the movie.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Eh, I dunno. There's part of me that wants them to leave it alone. But I liked what I've seen of Better Call Saul and I've heard it continues to be good in later seasons. So I guess if they have an idea for it then why not.

Doom85

I'd rather it not be about Jesse. I mean, if it's called Breaking Bad in the movie title, that doesn't even make sense, Jesse would never go back to this life after the horrific nightmare he went through. I'd rather not know where his story went after that, probably some serious therapy and hopefully after that he rebuilds his life as best he can.

I dunno who it could be about. I haven't gotten around to Better Call Saul yet, but I heard it covers Saul (obviously), Mike, and Tuco so their "origins" are covered. Maybe a movie focusing on Gus' life when he was much younger? Given Giancarlo Esposito was around 50 when the show aired it wouldn't be too difficult to find a good actor who could pull off his looks in his 20's.

bitbydeath

I'd rather it not be about Jesse. I mean, if it's called Breaking Bad in the movie title, that doesn't even make sense, Jesse would never go back to this life after the horrific nightmare he went through. I'd rather not know where his story went after that, probably some serious therapy and hopefully after that he rebuilds his life as best he can.

I dunno who it could be about. I haven't gotten around to Better Call Saul yet, but I heard it covers Saul (obviously), Mike, and Tuco so their "origins" are covered. Maybe a movie focusing on Gus' life when he was much younger? Given Giancarlo Esposito was around 50 when the show aired it wouldn't be too difficult to find a good actor who could pull off his looks in his 20's.

Gus is in Better Call Saul too.

Doom85

Gus is in Better Call Saul too.

Ah, how old is he in BCS roughly would you say? It's been a while since I watched Breaking Bad but I remember they kinda kept Gus' life a mystery until a certain point in his life, like when Hank was investigating him and found out he could only find details about the man's life only so far back so finding out why his past was unknown could be cool. I might be remembering wrong though.

bitbydeath

Ah, how old is he in BCS roughly would you say? It's been a while since I watched Breaking Bad but I remember they kinda kept Gus' life a mystery until a certain point in his life, like when Hank was investigating him and found out he could only find details about the man's life only so far back so finding out why his past was unknown could be cool. I might be remembering wrong though.

I think he was in his early 50’s in BB, so probably mid forties as a guess. Although time will catch up quick.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I was skeptical of Better Call Saul at first but it's proven to be tremendously good. Gilligan has earned one skepticism-free watch of a movie or TV show from me.

Winter John

There was a panel with the cast a few months back and Brian Cranston said something like we never actually saw Walt die. I guess this is what he was alluding too. I'm not sure Walt will return. It would be a bombshell if he did. The fans would go nuts. Apart from that Bill Burr mentioned he'd been doing some acting recently so I'd guess he's in.

I wonder when this movie will release relatively to Better Call Saul and if there are going to be any ties at all that run in parallel.

There was a panel with the cast a few months back and Brian Cranston said something like we never actually saw Walt die. I guess this is what he was alluding too. I'm not sure Walt will return. It would be a bombshell if he did. The fans would go nuts. Apart from that Bill Burr mentioned he'd been doing some acting recently so I'd guess he's in.

So a cartel breaks Walt out of jail to make meth for them and the only way Walt can win is by getting the band back together. Jesse, Walt jnr and Saul come to the rescue but get caught.

Only Walts now teen daughter can save them, which she does while making quips the entire time.

Cartel boss is actually an American business man who resembles Trump.

To escape back to America Walt uses a box of baking soda and can of coke to destroy the border wall.

Jesse falls in love with Manuela, a single mother from Meh-he-ko and takes her and her 11 kids with him to California.

Season ends with comment about this being a whole new territory.

They kiss, Jesse says yeah bitch. In the distance her kids sell oranges

100/100 score in rotten tomatoes

Last edited:

Doom85

So a cartel breaks Walt out of jail to make meth for them and the only way Walt can win is by getting the band back together. Jesse, Walt jnr and Saul come to the rescue but get caught.

Only Walts now teen daughter can save them, which she does while making quips the entire time.

Cartel boss is actually an American business man who resembles Trump.

To escape back to America Walt uses a box of baking soda and can of coke to destroy the border wall.

Jesse falls in love with Manuela, a single mother from Meh-he-ko and takes her and her 11 kids with him to California.

Season ends with comment about this being a whole new territory.

They kiss, Jesse says yeah bitch. In the distance her kids sell oranges

100/100 score in rotten tomatoes

LMAO, that's great.

I don't need this, but I'll definitely watch it. Giligan hasn't given me any reason to doubt him yet. I expect Saul to be involved as well and possibly for Better Call Saul to show present day segments that relate to the events of the movie.
This probably is in preparation of having Jesse return to post BB Saul episodes

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Considering I initially said that Better Call Saul was "a dumb idea that didn't need to happen and might ruin Breaking Bad's legacy", I'm gonna shut my idiot mouth until this thing is out. I should never have doubted Vince, the last two seasons of BCS are as good as early Breaking Bad.

r0s3f4m

Neo Member
Look forward to this, Breaking Bad was my favorite TV show ever so I can only imagine how good the movie will be.

Seriously, Jesse had to watch his girlfriend be murdered before his eyes and endure months of being treated very harshly as a prisoner to Jack and his team. Like, how does that not qualify as "bad"?

Yeah his life is completely fucked. Mentally he’s gotta be completely unstable after all that. I’m very curious to see what happens with him next.

Doom85

Yeah his life is completely fucked. Mentally he’s gotta be completely unstable after all that. I’m very curious to see what happens with him next.

Yeah, it's unclear how he'd proceed. Vince Gilligan said he'd be going to go help his girlfriend's son (forget his name) but after that? Does he lose his house for good? Does he admit to being held prisoner by Jack when questioned about his disappearance? Even if that reveals he knows how to cook, I think any decent lawyer could reduce any potential sentence by a lot given what he had to endure. I'm pretty sure Jesse won't be going back to cooking ever after such a traumatic experience, and unless his parents are soulless monsters they'll at least help him get some psychological treatment. I don't care if they don't approve of his life choices, if after experiencing something on that level a parent isn't helping their child physically and mentally recover they can go fuck themselves for all I care.

But really, I never trusted Jesse's parents. It's obvious they were making the same mistakes with his younger brother that they likely did with Jesse when he was young, pushing him too hard into all this extracurricular activities and such and not letting the kid breathe. Also, I don't buy Jesse's mom claiming Jesse didn't really take care of his dying aunt when his mom takes away his house. Jesse seemed pretty familiar with her diagnosis and such when discussing Walt's cancer stage which suggests he did spend a good deal of time with his aunt before she passed so I think Jesse's mom is just trying to make Jesse look like a total bad guy so she doesn't feel guilty for what she's doing.

Top Bottom