• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Charlie’s Angels” - 2019, starring Kristen Stewart and Naomi Scott

It's been a good month for McG. Between Terminator and this, people remember the guy actually made entertaining movies.

This intro was so damn good:

960x0.jpg

Why are they looking like Sex and the City extras?

Durask

Elizabeth Banks made ‘Charlie’s Angels’ to celebrate women at work

No Ms. Banks. I don't owe you jack shit. I'll decide when to part with my hard earned money to watch your film once you make it interesting for me to watch. And before you accuse me of being a sexist pig, you should know I've watched numerous movies starring and directed by women. Such as Wonder Woman, Zero Dark Thirty, Something's Gotta Give, When Harry Met Sally, and even crap like Frozen.

Pretty much this.
I'll spend my entertainment money on stuff that I like.

tkscz

Elizabeth Banks made ‘Charlie’s Angels’ to celebrate women at work

facepalm-transparent-team-fortress-2-sprays-facepalm-transparent-512_384.png

No Ms. Banks. I don't owe you jack shit. I'll decide when to part with my hard earned money to watch your film once you make it interesting for me to watch. And before you accuse me of being a sexist pig, you should know I've watched numerous movies starring and directed by women. Such as Wonder Woman, Zero Dark Thirty, Something's Gotta Give, When Harry Met Sally, and even crap like Frozen.

Asking for empathy from us men to go see your stupid movie strikes me as begging because you don't think you have what it takes to make a film that could catch an audience's interest. We watch movies for entertainment and as an escape, not as an apology to women. Like I said, we owe you jack shit.

My real plea is for men to have enough empathy to go see movies starring women because I’ve been asked to go see movies starring men my entire life, and I’ve happily done so.

"PlEaSe FeEl bAd FoR wEmOn MoViEs AnD gO sEe ThEm MeN!"

How about stop releasing shitty all female reboots revolving around the feminist ideology and start making original movies revolving around interesting female characters. More Wonder Woman (sans the ending) and fewer Ghost Busters 2016

MilkyJoe

Last edited:
My real plea is for men to have enough empathy to go see movies starring women because I’ve been asked to go see movies starring men my entire life, and I’ve happily done so.

Sounds like you should watch some films with women in, they aren't half-bad.

"The patriarchy is bad and full of smelly old men. Please, smelly old men, I need you to make my film succeed. But you are smelly old men and your attitude stinks."

Last edited:
They swapped the Ghostbusters 'Janine Melnitz' secretary for Chris Hemsworth in the 2016 reboot:
31D44A4B00000578-3475657-image-a-15_1457045142845.jpg

He hammed it up very well, in my opinion.
They did however make him basically retarded compared to Janine's put upon and underappreciated normal person character.

Of course Hemsworth was also the best part of the movie precisely because he didn't take any of it seriously and chewed the scenery like an absolute legend.

What a dud, when will Hollyweird finally u derstand that enforcing "women empowerment" and politics isn't what people want to watch? It bombed hard in the US, and even harder in China!

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
I can't believe men stopped women from going and seeing this movie.

That's the only explanation, right? Women don't need men and are independent enough to go see movies that look good to them without any help, so if they didn't go and see this, men must have held them back.

I stood in front of the Cinema all week making sure no one saw the movie. Was tough work but worth it. Finally we can show these WOMANZ. Had to beat a few of em down, but I was pretty sure the ones I smashed with a baseball bat were transitioning so I think it still ok. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

cryptoadam

Banned

Well Duh. Movies are fantasy, and allow us to live vicariously. Men want to see other men doing kick ass shit and getting hot babes. No amount of soy and brow beating is going to change that. You can still have women in action movies, but in the end the vast majority of men want to see a power fantasy when they watch their movies and put themselves in the main characters shoes.

sol_bad

Sounds like you should watch some films with women in, they aren't half-bad.

"The patriarchy is bad and full of smelly old men. Please, smelly old men, I need you to make my film succeed. But you are smelly old men and your attitude stinks."

LMAO
I love how people come up with these 2-3 movies trying to point out that there are plenty of female led films that are great. One is 15 years old, one 20+ years old and one 30+ years old.
Always interesting.

Last edited:

Teslerum

They did however make him basically retarded compared to Janine's put upon and underappreciated normal person character.

Of course Hemsworth was also the best part of the movie precisely because he didn't take any of it seriously and chewed the scenery like an absolute legend.

Then he sadly did Man in Black International and made us all re-think how tongue-in-check that actually was.

LMAO
I love how people come up with these 2-3 movies trying to point out that there are plenty of female led films that are great. One is 15 years old, one 20+ years old and one 30+ years old.
Always interesting.

These aren't 'great' female led rolls. They were genre defining films made great by the actresses.

At no point are these films about powerful or attractive stronk indypendant wiminz. That's the difference.

Hell, in the case of Aliens, Ripley was meant to be a dude. Only Weaver's skills made that film work

sol_bad

These aren't 'great' female led rolls. They were genre defining films made great by the actresses.

At no point are these films about powerful or attractive stronk indypendant wiminz. That's the difference.

Hell, in the case of Aliens, Ripley was meant to be a dude. Only Weaver's skills made that film work

My point still stands.

ExpandKong

Banned
My point still stands.

You’re acting like it’s our fault that nobody in Hollywood has made a good female-led action movie in decades.

Maybe if Banks didn’t think she could just guilt men into buying tickets to see her microwave puke for two hours she would’ve bothered to make a decent movie.

I blame society. 🤷‍♂️

sol_bad

You’re acting like it’s our fault that nobody in Hollywood has made a good female-led action movie in decades.

Maybe if Banks didn’t think she could just guilt men into buying tickets to see her microwave puke for two hours she would’ve bothered to make a decent movie.

I blame society. 🤷‍♂️

Nah, I'm not blaming anyone, I actually think Banks is an idiot for blaming men, she should be blaming women.
Although what I will say is that most people throwing shit at this film in this thread already decided months ago that they weren't going to watch it, way before Banks said anything stupid. Crying over the gender swap of Bosly. And it is quite sad that the people who pre-emptively decided not to watch it are looking for and posting news articles about the stupid shit that Banks is saying. It's weird.

Like, if you have no interest in the film, why obsess over it?

Potential surprise spoiler
I accidentally red that the new movie is still in universe with the previous films and TV show. So maybe there is a good explanation of why Banks is Bosley.
I'm at least annoyed that I now know this. lol

Top Bottom