• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“GTA mode” is possible in Cyberpunk 2077, but you may change your mind - Players Will Be Able To Pet Cats

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

That’s according to Cyberpunk 2077 level designer Max Pears, who tells PCGamesN, “If you want to go out on a rampage and have no remorse, then you have got the option, and that’s fine with us.” However, it seems the more players progress, the more they’ll be tempted to try out some of the upcoming PC game’s other, less, er, excitable options.

“However, once you start to play the missions and see the amount of options you have,” Pears tells us, “I think that will make players stop and think a little bit before doing something reckless.

“We’ve seen a lot of people default to that ‘GTA mode’ and then after a little bit they realise how many things are different and adjust how they play.”

As confirmed by IGN’s Miranda Sanchez, she was able to pet cats during her hands-on gameplay for Cyberpunk 2077. “Oh, and I pet a cat! That’s very important. I didn’t see any dogs for you dog people out there,” Miranda said in her article.

There have been no sights of dogs in this particular gameplay preview from Night City Wire. However, CDPR confirmed that there will be tail-waggers in the game. In 2019, Cyberpunk 2077’s quest director, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz revealed that cats and dogs will indeed be in the game as most of the animal life has gone extinct.

Thanks mods for the title change🚤

Last edited:

Fahdis

Guess whooo's not buying the base gaaammee and waiting for the GOTY, 3 years down the liiinneeee 😇

Imagine making a game in 2020 and not instantly confirming that there will also be dogs to pet.
It's like they want to fail.

Imagine shooting a dog with Keanu around

Last edited:
Top Bottom