• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Space Force” - Netflix show, Steve Carell,

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
There were no funny moments in the trailer. 🤨
It's true. I didn't take the time to watch the 2nd trailer yet, but that first one doesn't convince me that the show is even a comedy.

I guess when he starts singing a Beach Boys song, my brain knows that it's supposed to be comedy, but no part of me can understand why that is funny to someone. It's like a really bad Melissa McCarthy road trip comedy movie where the "joke" is that she's singing in her car! LOL wow amazing!

Nov 5, 2016
One Big Room, Full Of Bad Bitches
Rolling Stone gives it 2 out of 5 stars

‘Space Force’ Review: Netflix Comedy Suffers Failure to Launch

In this new series based on President Trump’s proposed interstellar military branch, Steve Carell’s four-star general is too noxious to be true

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract
Nov 5, 2016
One Big Room, Full Of Bad Bitches
52 on RT so far

IndieWire seems to think it is OK

‘Space Force’ Review: Steve Carell’s Netflix Comedy Is Glitzy, Frivolous Fun

Carell's sitcom return isn't Netflix's Michael Scott Paper Company to NBC's "The Office," or even a "Veep"-like political satire, but instead a very pretty farce.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
I don't really put a lot of stock into reviews, but the trailers didn't do anything to sell the show. Some of the sets looked like something you'd see on the CW and not a single joke was funny. The concept sounded hilarious, but this may just be a bit of an embarrassment for Carell.

Reactions: dorkimoe

TheCockatrice

Jun 16, 2019
Seemed cringe from the trailer and will prolly skip it. The premise is uninteresting anyway. Wonder if we'll ever get another hilarious sitcom ever again. B99 is still funny but even that one is slowly losing its flame.

Last edited:

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Seemed cringe from the trailer and will prolly skip it. The premise is uninteresting anyway. Wonder if we'll ever get another hilarious sitcom ever again. B99 is still funny but even that one is slowly losing its flame.
The lack of good comedy right now is sadly an inevitable consequence of the fear that the woke have created. If you're afraid to offend then it becomes impossible to make anything funny.