• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The New Mutants” - 2020

Why the movie won’t debut on streaming services

Also, according to Variety, Disney is contractually obligated to theatrically release all finished movies, or films in post-production, that were part of Fox’s schedule at the time of the the acquisition.

Seemingly the only way for Disney to move The New Mutants to streaming at this point, per Collider, is for Josh Boone and the cast to "amend their contracts and sign off on a new deal" and for Disney to also somehow renegotiate Fox's HBO contract. Is it achievable? Probably. Is it worth the hassle? Well, that's for Disney to decide.

I saw it, actually liked it. Not great but was enjoyable. Has its moments where you can look at your friend with a smirk because of your xmen knowledge.

So not the dumpster fire people were saying it would be?
Oh I was definitely thinking it would be horrible but after like 4 years I’m like we have to see this. The overall premise is great. Maybe if they upped the horror from goosebumps to like conjuring it could have been a instant classic. 10 times better than dark Phoenix though

Alcibiades

Saw it. Was alright.

I liked the premise and the slow buildup towards the end. But I never really felt creeped out. Pretty tame on the horror stuff. I was much more disturbed with Brightburn. Has some Breakfast Club-like elements as well. It's not anywhere near a traditional Xmen movie.

Props to them for the right amount of lesbian romance. It isn't simply a forced token thing, nor do they overdo it as some sort of SJW pandering. A little rushed maybe, but nothing that out of the ordinary for a horror film. It is there to serve the story, nothing more, nothing less.

Labolas

Total horseshit indeed. Like they're close friends no lovers ffs. And Wolfsbane is like a staunched Christian.

kunonabi

Total horseshit indeed. Like they're close friends no lovers ffs. And Wolfsbane is like a staunched Christian.

Well you see modern writers dont understand subtext or allegory so instead of using her mutantism as a stand in for something at odds with her faith to drive her inner conflict, etc. they just go whole-hog lesbian and bulldoze right through any nuance.

Top Bottom