• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Wonder Woman: 1984” - Trailers, Clips, Reviews

delayed 7 weeks

It’s the second delay for Wonder Woman, which was originally slated to premiere June 5th, then August 14th, and will now arrive on October 2nd.

Coming June 5th, 2020

EDIT

Movie delayed to August 14th, 2020

First trailer just dropped

Lasso my nuts if old

Dig the song. Dig the trailer. Dig the cast.

Looks great IMO

Im in for the lightning riding

——————————

Character posters, click to expand

Last edited:

Kev Kev

looks great. i loved the first one. don't know anything about wonder woman really so i have no idea if i'm supposed to be excited about these other characters but the trailer makes it seem like it's going to be a solid flick.

actually, i really need to rewatch the first one, i can barely remember what happen.... probably because i was high as balls... i just remember really really liking it

Birdo

Banned
Rich white bad guy and a shot of a border wall being destroyed...... It's going to be one of those, isn't it.

EDIT: I just read that plot leak on Reddit. He's literally described as "Trump-like". I can't wait for this crap to blow over.

Last edited:
This is how Marvel does it right? RIGHT?

giphy.gif

Maxwell Lord. Longtime DC villain who WW killed at the start of one of the big Crisis events by snapping his neck.
He was one of the good guys for far longer than he's been a villain, as well as a far better and nore interesting character then too.

I mean the only reason he worked as a villian in the first place, was because it was a massive twist to have him suddenly turn out to have been 'Evil All Along!?!', without that, he's just a discount Lex Luthor.

Also their unwillingness to go back to the old, broadly more good than self interestedly amoral original Max means we'll probably never get a movie of Justice League International or The Superbuddies, and that is a tragedy in a world where we have excellent big screen adaptations of Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Birdo

Banned
The film is set in the 80s wtf where you hoping for

Oh. I didn't know every film set in the 80's had to have rainbow text and synth music constantly playing. Just tired of that fake 80's asthetic.

Maybe I'm just jaded because I lived through the 80's and it was a shit time (Outside of awesome music and movies).

kunonabi

As someone who hated the first one and doesnt like Gadot I have to say this looks like a massive improvement. Gadot' s acting is finally starting to improve a bit and the tone and visuals scream Wonder Woman way more to me.

That said Cheetah being Kristin Wig in animal prints is CW levels of trash and I'm calling her as the weakest part of the film.

cryptoadam

Banned
WTF is going on, first Black Widow, now WW and no woke 3rd wave feminisits throwing tampons in the trash METOO attacking men as misogyist trools anywhere to be found.

Looks pretty good. 1st WW was ok but this looks a step better.

Can't wait for REEEEE and others to boycott the movie because Gal Gadot is Jew.....er Israeli. Zieg Heil!

GreyHorace

WTF is going on, first Black Widow, now WW and no woke 3rd wave feminisits throwing tampons in the trash METOO attacking men as misogyist trools anywhere to be found.

Looks pretty good. 1st WW was ok but this looks a step better.

Can't wait for REEEEE and others to boycott the movie because Gal Gadot is Jew.....er Israeli. Zieg Heil!
That's because ScarJo and Gal aren't men hating feminists. Normal women admire them and men adore them.

And they're both moms too. They're not afraid to embrace their maternal and caring sides which makes them all the more attractive to me. Rowr.

Atrus

Gold Member
I skipped the first in theatres thinking it was going to be a lame DC movie treading on woke style stereotypes but was pleasantly surprised by everything until maybe the boss fight at the end. Was actually a pretty good movie, not as good as Aquaman, but still something I'd see in theatres.

I'm looking forward to watching this one, doubly so because of the 80's setting.

Doom85

Comes out a month apart from Black Widow. Curious to see how they are compared critically and financially

Black Widow looks good but I admit my interest is slightly diminished since it's a prequel to a character whose story I already know where it ends. Like she can't really get much character development in the film or anything, and it's unlikely we'll see much of her new allies outside of this one film. Honestly felt the perfect time to do a Black Widow movie would have been in 2014/2015 right before Age of Ultron came out. Have her revealing SHIELD's secrets to the world including her own past at the end of Winter Soldier put her on the radar of some old enemies from her past so she goes on the run trying to outmaneuver them while coming to terms with who she used to be and who she is now. Also would have been a perfect time for a Nick Fury solo as IIRC the end of Winter Soldier implied he was going to places unknown to track down hidden HYDRA groups which could make for a badass film but sadly it never happened.

Granted, Wonder Woman is a prequel too but there's a far bigger time gap before the next canon appearance she makes (whereas the time gap between Civil War and Infinity War is far smaller) so that gives them more freedom to do things with her character development plus it'll be interesting to see how Steve is back and things like that.

BW could turn out to be the better film, but in terms of pre-release hype I'm definitely more interested in WW84 for now.

Javthusiast

Banned
Like she can't really get much character development in the film or anything, and it's unlikely we'll see much of her new allies outside of this one film.

I like Florence Pugh and hope she will be the new Black Widow in the mcu going forward, so they at least could carry her character over.

Top Bottom