• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007 SPECTRE |OT| It's me, Austin. It was me all along, Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

best viewed in...gaf dark theme...

spectretitle5zso3.jpg

It's that time again. The newest entry in the longest running franchise in film, James Bond. SPECTRE is the 24th in the series, and comes off the back of Skyfall - the single highest grossing and one of the most critically acclaimed in the entire history of the franchise.

spectre4iybc.jpg

SPECTRE_Logo.png

What does SPECTRE mean? SPECTRE (SPecial Executive for Counter intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion) is a villainous organisation created by Bond creator Ian Fleming and Kevin McClory, first appearing in the 1961 novel Thunderball and subsequently in On Her Majesty's Secret Service and You Only Live Twice. The organisation, lead by pussy lover Ernst Stavros Blofeld, was the driving force behind all but one of Sean Connery's films in the official EON series.

Blofeld and SPECTRE appeared in Dr No, From Russia with Love, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Diamonds are Forever.

Aside from a cameo in For Your Eyes Only, EON have been unable to use SPECTRE since due to legal complications with Kevin McClory. Well, he's dead now so fuck it.

plot3as57.jpg

A cryptic message from the past leads James Bond (Daniel Craig) to Mexico City and Rome, where he meets the beautiful widow (Monica Bellucci) of an infamous criminal. After infiltrating a secret meeting, 007 uncovers the existence of the sinister organization SPECTRE. Needing the help of the daughter of an old nemesis, he embarks on a mission to find her. As Bond ventures toward the heart of SPECTRE, he discovers a chilling connection between himself and the enemy (Christoph Waltz) he seeks.

releasedatesd2s4i.jpg

UK 26 October 2015
Ireland 26 October 2015
Netherlands 29 October 2015
Denmark 30 October 2015
Finland 30 October 2015
Norway 30 October 2015
Sweden 30 October 2015
Belgium 4 November 2015
Luxembourg 4 November 2015
Argentina 5 November 2015
Bahrain 5 November 2015
Brazil 5 November 2015
Chile 5 November 2015
Colombia 5 November 2015
Czech Republic 5 November 2015
Germany 5 November 2015
Hungary 5 November 2015
Israel 5 November 2015
Italy 5 November 2015
Mexico 5 November 2015
Portugal 5 November 2015
Serbia 5 November 2015
Singapore 5 November 2015
Slovakia 5 November 2015
Thailand 5 November 2015
Taiwan 5 November 2015
Ukraine 5 November 2015
Austria 6 November 2015
Bulgaria 6 November 2015
Belarus 6 November 2015
Canada 6 November 2015
Spain 6 November 2015
Hong Kong 6 November 2015
Croatia 6 November 2015
Iraq 6 November 2015
Iceland 6 November 2015
Kazakhstan 6 November 2015
Lebanon 6 November 2015
Lithuania 6 November 2015
Latvia 6 November 2015
Malaysia 6 November 2015
Philippines 6 November 2015
Pakistan 6 November 2015
Poland 6 November 2015
Romania 6 November 2015
Russia 6 November 2015
Turkey 6 November 2015
USA 6 November 2015
Vietnam 6 November 2015
Cambodia 9 November 2015
France 11 November 2015
Australia 12 November 2015
Estonia 12 November 2015
Greece 12 November 2015
South Korea 12 November 2015
China 13 November 2015
India 20 November 2015
Japan 27 November 2015 (limited)
South Africa 27 November 2015
Japan 4 December 2015

castirssz.jpg

Pierce_Brosnan_3018004b.jpg

Daniel Craig as James Bond - not much to be said here, he's Bond.

lea3vsfd.jpg

Lea Seydoux as Madeleine Swann - a psychologist working at a private medical clinic in the Austrian Alps who becomes entangled in Bond's issues and stuff.

blofeldbpsyq.jpg

Christoph Waltz as Franz Oberhauser - a mysterious figure within SPECTRE who claims a personal connection to Bond. He likes to wear Mao suits, I wonder why that is?!

moneyhcsvz.jpg

Naomie Harris as Eve Moneypenny - here she can be seen advertising a Sony xperia Z3 tablet.

hinxanso0.jpg

Dave Bautista as Mr Hinx - he's a badass and he punches people

monicaeuscx.jpg

Monica Bellucci as Lucia Sciarra - the widow of an assassin killed by Bond.

ralphpns6v.jpg

Ralph Fiennes as M - he's been given the classic office back, so he's now a classic M and will not take your shit anymore, Bond.

spectre-mr-whitet6ste.jpg

Jesper Christensen as Mr. White - now featuring a beard

000ae39d-6308dsto.jpg

Andrew Scott as Max Denbigh - a member of the British government, who is also known by his code-name, C. I'm not sure what C stands for, but there's a chance it may rhyme with Punt.

9c4fdebad933748656f5dina1g.jpg

Ben Whishaw as Q - he occasionally jokes about his work.

am1josr6.jpg

am2u5so7.jpg

Aston Martin DB10 as Car - shown here with its co-star, some guy.

crewd2s6r.jpg

Sam Mendes ... (Director)

John Logan ... (screenplay) and
Neal Purvis ... (screenplay) &
Robert Wade ... (screenplay)

Music by
Thomas Newman (skyfall)

Cinematography by
Hoyte Van Hoytema (interstellar)

Film Editing by
Lee Smith

---------------------------------------

Theme song: The Writing's on the Wall, by Sam Smith

https://youtu.be/8jzDnsjYv9A

Alternative theme song (take some earphones, play it during titles) - On Her Majesty's Secret Service, by John Barry

https://youtu.be/N8XNBpIkQpU?t=4s

TRAILERS:

https://youtu.be/7GqClqvlObY

https://youtu.be/4n_4JcdqQmo

So yeah, all ready for the film's release in just over 24 hours from now (Monday). I'll post reviews in a bit.

Pachimari

I'm not hyped but I'm surely excited to watch Spectre with my father. It'll be the 3rd one we see in the cinema after Die Another Day and Skyfall.

Rich!

I'm not hyped but I'm surely excited to watch Spectre with my father. It'll be the 3rd one we see in the cinema after Die Another Day and Skyfall.

I'm going with my dad too, we've seen each one on release day since Tomorrow Never Dies. It's a tradition now.

spuckthew

Gonna see it Monday or Tuesday. I like Bond films and I like Daniel Craig, but I'm more excited about just going to the cinema to be honest because I haven't been since Gone Girl last summer.

Roi

British reviews are very positive, so far the American reviews I read mention that the second half is not as good as the first (and is more cliché)

James-Bond-Films-68881.gif

Rich!

Getting hyped about seeing this now, just over a day left!

I won't be able to post my impressions until the next day as I'll be at work though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It has begun! Solo didn't make the OT huh?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Skyfall scared him
Fantastic movie, only to get ruined by the ridiculous pre-release hype. Brilliant cinemagraphy, acting and soundtrack. The plot is purely subjective, I personally loved it, along with the characters.

Nicktendo86

Have a feeling the op (which is fantastic Rich) will be better than the film.

Also, I'm fucking sick of hearing about it on the news. The UK media seems to be obsessed with bond.

Blobbers

Can't wait to see Hans Landa play a bit mellowed out Hans Landa. I loved him as Hans Landa, daddy Hans Landa and German Hans Landa.

If you know you are going to see a film, don't read reviews until afterwards. Ignore trailers and all coverage. You will live a much better life :)

I don't know that this is necessarily the greatest advice.

Anyway, the reviews seem to be pinning the film at pretty good - which is really good for Bond, typically, since most of these movies aren't good.

It's less about the number, and more about the number of reviewers who seem to have the same complaints that should be worth paying attention to. But you gotta read the reviews to get an idea of what that is. With this film, it seems to be that

1) it's bloated (which, I mean... Bond)
2) it builds to a surprise that isn't really surprising
3) the Bond girls don't get much of much to do

But they also seem to be praising

1) The action
2) Craig
3) The tone.

So it seems to have some faults in common with some of the most well-loved Bonds, while managing to apparently do well in areas most people go to Bond movies for.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You're a cunt dancing in a hurricane, Mr Bond

I really wish that would have been the title for this thread. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who heard it that way in the first teaser.

Bandit1

Nice OT, my first time hearing "The Writing's on the Wall" and I don't like it. Really looking forward to the movie though.

I want a DB10..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom