• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

04/23/2009 | Retronauts Episode 68: Gameboy

krae_man

Jeremy Parish, Ray Barnholt, Kurtis Seid, Chris Kohler, and Jenn Frank break in a new program format. Enjoy an hour of highly-focused discussion on Game Boy's birthday, Vandal-Hearts' sequel, and Final Fantasy's remakes... plus 50 aimless minutes as well.

Download here

Tobor

Alright Jeremy, all we need now is a 3 hour Retronauts on the future of retro gaming on the iPhone. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Saying this episode is about Game Boy is like saying Star Wars is about life as a Tatooine moisture farmer.

Barrett2

ToastyFrog said:
Saying this episode is about Game Boy is like saying Star Wars is about life as a Tatooine moisture farmer.

Too late. My expectations are already sky high and can never be met. Furious episode rant incoming.

ice cream

Banned
2rzs3rs.gif

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
lawblob said:
Too late. My expectations are already sky high and can never be met. Furious episode rant incoming.
At least hardly anything negative was said about it! oh wait, the screen. fuck.

krae_man

ToastyFrog said:

I'm sorry, I'm not used to the podcasts new format yet. If I ever create a Retronauts thread again, I'll make sure to include the other topics.

I did not leave the Vandal-Hearts' and FF remakes topics out of the thread title maliciously.

Please forgive me.

P.S. I'll see what I can do about Goichi Suda. No promises though:lol

ice cream

Banned
well I like Jeff Frank, I just posted the gif cos I thought it was funny and many people GAF tend to have that opinion of her.
gdc_32_large.jpg

ice cream

Banned
All I can say is that I have searched her name in Google and clicked on the images tab.
shit i mean jenn. I think i was thinking of jeff gersttman as I wrote that.

womp

I wish they could get Retronauts fixed on iTunes. Even via my Touch it still shows January as their last show listed.

Barrett2

womp said:
I wish they could get Retronauts fixed on iTunes. Even via my Touch it still shows January as their last show listed.

Are you subscribing to the 1UP feed or the specific Retronauts feed?

womp said:

iTunes in general is slow to update. Usually takes 24 hours for many of my weekly podcasts to show up.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Jeremy, Ray, Kohler and Jenn. Wow, what a line up

My apollogies Curtis, I'm sure you're a fine gentleman.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
"I was utterly crushed I had played Rad Racer so much that I could never play another videogame again."

:lol :lol :lol

Jeff Jenn was awesome. It's not really fair to bring her back for one episode. I'd forgotten how good she is on the show. She sounds different though. Wiser.

I like the format. I haven't listened to a couple of Retronauts recently because the subject matter just meant nothing to me (Suikowhat?), so having the episodes talk about a couple of topics means I should usually have something to enjoy. And letters should run as long for however long you can drag it out for. It's a fun segment.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Great show. Love the new format. Cast was great.

Jenn made me want to cry with the stories about here dad.

womp

lawblob said:
Are you subscribing to the 1UP feed or the specific Retronauts feed?

I am not subscribed, I snag them individually as they appear but as I said if you go to "Retronauts" on iTunes via the Touch/iPhone it shows the last show being January as it has been since I got my Touch in February.

I've been using the Touch to download my podcasts directly from there as I hate iTunes on the PC but even on there it's not updated.

Top Bottom